Witchcraft books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opal

Reaction score
My teenager daughter bought a witchcraft book to read because one of her school mate is involved with "White Witch". :mad:

She is member of christian church nearby, and they told her to get rid of this book because it is demon, and God will reject you if your involved with witchcraft/horscopes/tarot cards, spiritual mediums, wiccan etc

She was told to make one choice. :deal:

My daughter told these church members elders that she is going to give it to her younger sister, they said it won't help, she MUST burn it - completely destory.

Do you own any witchcraft books in your home and still go to church too?

I think the belief "burn it or you will burn in hell" is an old pointless solution.

If she wants to keep the book, fine with me. As long as she doesn't use it for evil purposes.

because it is demon, and God will reject you if your involved with witchcraft/horscopes/tarot cards, spiritual mediums, wiccan etc
Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!......that's based on the presumption that anything that's not explictly God or Christian MUST be of the devil or demonic!
Sounds like your kid's church is too conservative. Maybe find a more libral church or even a Unitarian church (which tend to be more accepting of spirtuality of all flavors)

I am Wiccan have many "witch books" in my home. Does that make me evil? I dont think so!!! I do know that some believe that witches of any flavor are evil any way you look at it though, but they are enitled to their own beliefs. I have found some Christians to be very mean and abrasive about the "never suffering a witch to live" thing they read in the bible. I simply say to them that I can understand why they hate my books, and me and I walk away. They are stong in their beliefs and I believe everyone has their right to believe in what they think is right, as long as it doesn't harm none.

Opal said:
My teenager daughter bought a witchcraft book to read because one of her school mate is involved with "White Witch". :mad:

She is member of christian church nearby, and they told her to get rid of this book because it is demon, and God will reject you if your involved with witchcraft/horscopes/tarot cards, spiritual mediums, wiccan etc

She was told to make one choice. :deal:

My daughter told these church members elders that she is going to give it to her younger sister, they said it won't help, she MUST burn it - completely destory.

Do you own any witchcraft books in your home and still go to church too?
Mattew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Your choose one.

Yeah, some christians are far too extreme and many are nuetral. But Jesus doesn't approve being nuetral, at the same time Jesus didn't expect to be harsh either. Now, those who are a true christians who involved witchcrafts and stuff, should be corrected in private. But many christians jump up to far which is not according to Jesus taught by cutting them down. Like parents to the children. Have to becareful how we confront about the issue in proper way. If the Holy Spirit living inside of you, somewhere along the way, it will lead you uncomfortable state when continue in that. Yes, Bible did warned us about these practices. And yes, a person does make their decision even obey it or disobey it. Either way will end up consequences. Obey the Holy Spirit end up good, disobey ends suffering. Now of suffering is not always mean you did wrong, for obedience by suffering is by how people respond, if you love the Lord deeply there are many will cut you down by like you narrow minded, you think you are holier than thou and etc. But, if your daughter has those books, need take time with God and let Him show her. And no, God will not reject her, God hasn't move anywhere, we did. Yes, some christians has harsh attitudes and I encourage you, let God speak to your heart thru His Word that will enable you what He called you to do.

Opal said:
...Do you own any witchcraft books in your home and still go to church too?
We don't own any witchcraft books. We do go to church.

Opal said:
...She is member of christian church nearby, and they told her to get rid of this book because it is demon, and God will reject you if your involved with witchcraft/horscopes/tarot cards, spiritual mediums, wiccan etc
God won't "reject" someone, or send someone to hell just for having a witchcraft book.

However, if someone gets involved in witchcraft, or similar beliefs and practices, then that person is vulnerable to Satan's influence. That's a dangerous temptation.

Reba, how can that be when wiccans don't even BELIEVE in Satan?

deafdyke said:
Satan can influence people even if they don't "believe in" him.

Satan has blinded many people. Even it seems harmless. Satan isn't stupid and ignorant. He can find any way to decieve you. Even, those who worship Satan, even thinking he is good, but people will realize they have been decieved by him. Satan's goal is destroy people. Truthfully, its not a myth but reality. Satan is very expertise to play people to make people believe but end is destructions. Like a kid look at Drano, think seems harmless, but end is poison and kill the kid. There is so much "Drano" everywhere, bec it seems harmless, but it isn't.

^Angel^ said:
Like what?...
Satan can tempt and torment people without identifying himself as "Satan". Also, his demons use various names (Mark 5).

Satan's appearance and influence on people is not like what you see in the movies. He has many appearances. (Genesis 3:1, Isaiah 14:12)

Satan actually prefers that people don't believe in him because then they don't think they need to protect themselves from him. It's easier for Satan to attack people who deny his existence.

Remember, the Bible says, "Satan, which deceiveth the whole world."

deafdyke said:
People don't have to "believe in" the power of gravity for them to feel its influence.

Even the Christians who are involved in researching the witchcraft and occultic field for Christian acamedic research and educational purposes only to write a book about the dangers associated with witchcraft have experienced bad things happening to them because satan really does not like it when the truth is shining through on satan. It is best not to have witchcraft books in your home. I can recommend some very good books parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts can read ....

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...01352&netp_id=380153&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...30062&netp_id=141417&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...&netp_id=151514&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW#curr

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...31075&netp_id=293984&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

There are more on the website there to help you and God Bless..... :angel:

Any kinds horror movies... doesn't make you brainwashed become into procession your life become to satan...
Wha.. a joke!
Just peforme the movies.. "Just movie"
There's no such thing have made by TRUE MOVIES about satan made procession your body become to NUTCASE! Noth'n happend..

What make you choose to.... God or noth'n.. Just your choice..
I believe John 14.6 ... (my favorite quote) I always believe him all my heart!! HIM!!!
That is it..

Witchcrafts was very oldest centuries years back.. Civilians believes that witchcrafts is evil.. (snorts my breath carried away) they are went too far and cuckoo... make the person burn it.. Total wrong!

Witchcratfs is only their own belifts reglions..
Their choice.. Not ours choice.. as long remind them witchcrafts isn't real exisit!

Really not necessary debate heavy contuines bibles all over swarming on AD..
I've seen .. so many different subjects about... GOD and defnation so many verus words... Why do you care contuine debate you wrong or right blah blah... Ridcouisly.

Respect their choices.. no need force person who want to... That's fine by me then their own decision... Let Jesus/God judgements! Not you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back