'Witch' Cleared After 300 Years

Bluerobin said:
I'm an American and a Witch and couldn't be happier to say that in this day I can practice my beliefs and not be killed or be put in jail. I am extreamly grateful and fortunate for my rights as an American wiccan. Reading that story makes me grateful for my rights today.

I agree with this 100% and it shows how far along we have come in being able to practice different beliefs without fear of persecution from the government.

That being said, I really do not understand the purpose of the pardon at all...other than what Reba suggested, it being a symbol to increase tourism in Pungo (I have been in that area quite often and do not ever recall passing through Pungo..or even hearing of it). Look at the tourism in Salem, MA because of the witch trials. When somebody says 'Salem' I think of the witch trials. I think Pungo is looking to share in that spotlight because this Pardon serves no other purpose....and I honestly think it was a waist of the taxpayers money and that money would have been better spent on something else.

I think it was a thing just to get people to come visit their town. It's such a shame that this woman is being used to draw in tourism, they should have just let her case rest in peace.

Back