wish

typeingtornado19

Reaction score
Name some wishes you have that may or may not happen ever, they can be about anything.

I wish:
the economy was wonderful
ssi gave more
people were nicer
it was easy to loose weight

I wish:

All deaf children were exposed to ASL and Deaf culture from the beginning instead of oralism and only hearing people.

The economy was better and the value of the American dollar would go up.

there were no abused children

all child molesters or killers would be wiped off from the face of Earth

I could pay off all of my debts (not desiring to be a millionare but just want my debts paid off so I can continue to work for money that I can save and play with! )

that hearing people would not discriminate against deaf people and give them opportunities for careeer advancements.

I wish I could win the lottery so I could quit working and spend the rest of my life traveling and learning. I'd like to be a student of the world forever. :P

1. i wish people without disabilities would treat the deaf, hoh, blind, physically disabled and people with mental illnesses normally and not discriminate against them.

2. i wish i didn't have bipolar disorder. i hate how my rapid cycling causes severe mood swings on an hourly basis and i can never predict how i'm going to feel from one minute to the next.

3. i wish i could clone tigger. even though tigger is my second guide dog, she is one of the best dogs i've ever had. she's affectionate, intelligent, willing to please and has a calm, friendly disposition.

4. i wish i knew in advance that i would have the finances necessary to receive my ph.d. as you know, attending college is expensive nowadays and there's no guarantee that i will be able to afford this level of education.

5. i wish there were no such thing as child abusers, animal abusers, rapists or murderers.

6. i wish we could all get along in the world without having to resort to violent behavior against others.

7. i wish people would continue to exercise acts of kindness that they show during the christmas holiday year round.

8. i wish i had access to every print book, manual and document that was ever published. i'm a veracious reader and not everything is accessible to me as a totally blind person (or others who are legally blind).

9. i wish there were no such thing as physical, emotional or sexual abuse.

10. i wish adaptive equipment (especially for the blind) weren't so expensive.

1. All the same wishes as Hear Again (except I don't know Tigger, and Tigger sounds like a pretty nice dog!)

2. I wish humanity as a whole was more in tune with their emotions. I think tuning out one's emotions is responsible for a lot of abuse and other unhealthy societal patterns, such as living vicariously through one's children or pigeon holing family members into specific roles.

3. I wish powerful things like religion, knowledge, and intelligence were used to improve the lives of others, and not for things such as terrorism and genocide.

4. I wish that the world's abusers not only stopped abusing their victims, but realized what they had done, thereby breaking the cycle of abuse. I wish others could help abusers through the process of self-realization instead of antagonizing them, because abusers are really formerly abused people that haven't had the chance to confront their demons and break the cycle.

5. I wish the world was more accessible. I've been in Europe for over a week now and I haven't come across a SINGLE bathroom with braille signage. I've also come across a serious lack of other types of accessibility, such as wheelchair ramps and interpreters. I wish there was more accessibility worldwide.
6. I wish children were taken more seriously. I have seen adults get away with abusing children and leaving their conditions undiagnosed, simply because the adult's opinion is almost always taken over the child's. I wish the world in general was as geared towards children as it is towards adults.
7. I wish everyone had a automatic fundamental right to free health care and education. I wish money wasn't such a huge factor for so many people in the overall quality of life.
8. I wish people could be hired for their true competence and not for their credentials. Anyone can sleep through classes and get a certificate or degree in whatever. I wish it was the folks with true knowledge that were able to use it, many of whom are self-taught. I personally see no difference between the person who has taught him/herself medicine by sitting at home reading medical books for years on end and the person who has gone through medical school.

I think that's enough for now...

Back