Wish list for Sidekick III functions, etc.

LuvsInk

Reaction score
I would like to see it have interchangeable batteries so that one can charge while using the other. Curious as to what others would like to see if and when the Sidekick III comes out. :grouphug:

Wi-Fi capability for faster web surfing and video.

Special videophone software designed to run on HipTop operating system, so we can use VP while using Wi-Fi.

-madmax

im planning to have sk III......anyone knows when it will be out? sometimes this summer??

Possiblity... T-mobile will release SK3 in August 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If Sidekick 3 offer wi-fi with hotspot plan and bluetooth. I am sold.

A provider with more coverage than TMobile. And maybe a smaller form factor. (Note: I'm not an SK user now - but those two changes would make me an instant convert).

faster speed internet, more memory, higher megapixel and better quality built in camera. A little bigger LCD screen, option to resize fonts instead of all those tiny fonts. It seems that Danger (producer of the sidekick software and OS) doesn't care about people with poor eyesight.

madmax said:
Wi-Fi capability for faster web surfing and video.

The sk2 has this capability. You need to pay T-Mobile an additional $30/month to use it, though. (Dont'cha just love hardware that you've bought but aren't allowed to use?)

madmax said:
Special videophone software designed to run on HipTop operating system, so we can use VP while using Wi-Fi.

Add another $30 onto the previous $30. I'm sure Danger will do this eventually. You'll just have to shell out a total of $90/month for it.

sequoias said:
faster speed internet

Doubtful. GPRS/GSM networks aren't that fast as it is, and SK3 is going to continue to use that network system.

sequoias said:
A little bigger LCD screen

Not going to happen.

sequoias said:
option to resize fonts instead of all those tiny fonts. It seems that Danger (producer of the sidekick software and OS) doesn't care about people with poor eyesight.

Danger can't even get i18n down right... A good font system? Ha! Not going to happen until the SK5 or SK6. And it's not like they care about people with poor hearing either. *rolls eyes*

ismi said:
A provider with more coverage than TMobile. And maybe a smaller form factor. (Note: I'm not an SK user now - but those two changes would make me an instant convert).

Not going to happen. T-Mobile has too big of a stake in Danger for that to change.

Teresh, what's the problem with their offering the ability to increase font size? That technology's as old as the hills; I had a Morotola at work that is now about 5 years old, maybe less and I was able to increase it's font size very appreciably.

Tousi said:
Teresh, what's the problem with their offering the ability to increase font size? That technology's as old as the hills; I had a Morotola at work that is now about 5 years old, maybe less and I was able to increase it's font size very appreciably.

Danger no passion for what they're doing because they were funded by T-Mobile and a number of other big players and have never faced hardship in selling their product. As a result, they don't care about their customers or what their customers want.

Teresh said:
Danger no passion for what they're doing because they were funded by T-Mobile and a number of other big players and have never faced hardship in selling their product. As a result, they don't care about their customers or what their customers want.

Alright, then, Teresh, sounds plausible enough; I don't suppose a campaign informing SideKick of Danger's lackadaisical funk would help, would it?

Tousi said:
Alright, then, Teresh, sounds plausible enough; I don't suppose a campaign informing SideKick of Danger's lackadaisical funk would help, would it?

Danger makes the sidekick. Who would such a petition go to?

Teresh said:
Danger makes the sidekick. Who would such a petition go to?

Oh, I see, Teresh; when you said T-mobile funded Danger, I thought they were two separate entities and therefore, the petition could go to Sidekick......

Teresh, can't I dream???? This thread is asking about wish list, not REALITY!

You sound so serious!

Teresh, the Thread said, "Wish List for Sidekick III functions, etc." which it means wish, not reality... Just back off and let people post to telling what they wish for sidekick III to having thats all. Also, you never know if they will make Sidekick III to be same like people's wishes in here. Just back off and letting people tell what their wish are. :ty:

Back