wish it was quiet

tye

Reaction score
Hello , glad to have stumbled onto site. Struggling with becoming deaf at 52. Lost 60 percent of left 7 years ago and the tinnitus started. Lost my right completely eight months ago along with 30 percent more in left and tremendous increase in tinnitus in both. Surprised by how well I lip read but didn't realise how much I used until having to try to rely on it. Learning to sign and trying to adapt.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks bottesini for the link ! Thanks an hi to everyone else !

Hello , glad to have stumbled onto site. Struggling with becoming deaf at 52. Lost 60 percent of left 7 years ago and the tinnitus started. Lost my right completely eight months ago along with 30 percent more in left and tremendous increase in tinnitus in both. Surprised by how well I lip read but didn't realise how much I used until having to try to rely on it. Learning to sign and trying to adapt.
I am wishing it was quiet too. There are some days it is pretty quiet and it is so nice. Other days, very loud. I think it has to do with what I'm eating. but other times I think its just random. Haven't figured that out yet. Chocolate and sugar seem to make the noises louder, as well as caffeine.

I wish it would just give me a moment of quiet. Go's from bad to worse depending on day. Never noticed any change with what I eat. Some change with physical activity. Usually worse .

I wish it would just give me a moment of quiet. Go's from bad to worse depending on day. Never noticed any change with what I eat. Some change with physical activity. Usually worse .

Some people think yoga and meditation can help.

I am completely deaf and suffer with extreme tinnitus. I tried sleeping with headphones on with peaceful music. Even though I couldn't hear it, it seemed to help calm down the tinnitus at times.

There is a thread here called "tinnitus" you may want to read. I'm sorry I don't know how to post the link like others.

Hi, I have been deaf since birth and never experienced titinitus but recently, I have been having several bad episodes of them. I don't get why now.

Hang in there!

Don't know which thread Angel is referring to as there's a bunch with tinnitus in the title-

this is the search list (there's 3 pages worth)..

Tinnitus

Hope this works.

Don't know which thread Angel is referring to as there's a bunch with tinnitus in the title-

this is the search list (there's 3 pages worth)..

Tinnitus

Hope this works.

Thanks, I was trying to point her in the right direction. A lot of us that suffer with tinnitus have posted our stories there.

Hi all and thanks for support and links : ) keep trying new things but nothing yet just lot of noise in my head : (

Hi there!! Welcome to AD!
I also get Tinnitus sometimes. I hear a kind of a long mellowed beep sound. I tend to ignore it and focus my mind on something else rather than thinking about the noise in my head.
Cheers mate.

Back