Wisconsin Supreme Court reinstates collective bargaining law

I'm glad that I'm not from WI. :roll:

Collective bargaining is illegal for public workers in Alabama and it has been for many years, like about 50-60 years ago.

I would certainly expect the union members will make their feelings known in November.

I would certainly expect the union members will make their feelings known in November.
Doesn't look like they will succeed.

Do you agree with the Supreme Court's decision to reinstate the collective bargaining law? - JSOnline

Do you agree with the Supreme Court's decision to reinstate the collective bargaining law?

The state Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated Gov. Scott Walker's plan to all but end collective bargaining for tens of thousands of public workers.

Yes (70%)
No (30%)
Total Responses: 15536

It also doesn't help the recall efforts when one of the Democrat challengers is caught on tape saying he wants to "smack around" a woman who still supports the Republican incumbent.

Doesn't look like they will succeed.

Do you agree with the Supreme Court's decision to reinstate the collective bargaining law? - JSOnline

It also doesn't help the recall efforts when one of the Democrat challengers is caught on tape saying he wants to "smack around" a woman who still supports the Republican incumbent.

Well, the only poll that matters is the electoral ballot. If 20% of the people in favor of this law vote, but 90% of the opponents vote, what is the outcome? If it is important, they better make the effort to be heard in November.

As for the "smack around" comment, it happens on both sides. Being stupid is not a Liberal exclusive club.

I'm glad that I'm not from WI. :roll:

Collective bargaining is illegal for public workers in Alabama and it has been for many years, like about 50-60 years ago.

Can you show/tell me how/why "collective bargaining is illegal in Alabama"?

From what I know of the term, it is merely a negotiating process between a union and employers for the sole purpose of reaching an agreement on working conditions such as pay, and many other aspects of work.

So why would it be illegal?

Can you show/tell me how/why "collective bargaining is illegal in Alabama"?

From what I know of the term, it is merely a negotiating process between a union and employers for the sole purpose of reaching an agreement on working conditions such as pay, and many other aspects of work.

So why would it be illegal?

because it is state law doesn't allow unions to participate the collective bargaining for public workers but only private workers are allowed.

Back