Wines ?

I'm a wine lover, obviously as you can see from my profile. I'm in the process of becoming a winemaker at a family business nearby. If you would like to check it out, the website for the winery is www.lavendercrest.com and I did the website designing.

I'm crazy for all kinds of wine except champagne. Never quite developed a taste for it. I enjoy Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and Merlot. I'm always up for trying something new from all over the world.

Even as of right now, I'm comparing two red wines from different vineyard in California as it ages in glass with exposure to oxygen. Interestingly enough with longer periods of oxygen exposure, the wines loses it taste, becomes slighly brown, the aroma becomes weak, but they are still drinkable with different tastes that changed.

If anyone would like to do wine talk, feel free to PM/Email me!

Interesting...

You made wine to mix with Lavender with grapes?

At the family winery, we prodce a lot of thing with the hints of lavender hence the name of the business. In one of our wines, there's a floral scent which may reminds you of lavender plus a few other flowers. We are always trying to experiment different varities of grapes to be used in the wine production. What make us unique is that we aim to focus on only the Illinois state grapes not from other locations.

If anyone is in Chicago, Iowa or nearby, feel free to visit the winery!!

i have not drunk wines or any alcholic beverage for several years since i was at college. alochol can wipe all vitamins in body if drinking... that is why lost control....

take care.

murli108 said:
i have not drunk wines or any alcholic beverage for several years since i was at college. alochol can wipe all vitamins in body if drinking... that is why lost control....

take care.

Did you know that for drinking a glass of red wine often is good for your heart? (one glass for female, two glass for male). It's also considered antioxidant, protecting the important organs of your body. I'm not saying to rely only on wine for your health, but it's a good supplement to what you eat and live to be healthy. Anyone can do without wine. But wine is also great!

I found that wine can lower heart disease and reduce the "bad" LDL cholesterol, but elevates the "good" HDL cholesterol levels.

My aunt drinks a glass of red wine each day and my uncle drink two. They are so healthy becuase they also include exercise and healthy eating plan. My uncle s 85 and acts like and look like he's 50-60!

I like pink wine or called blush wine with strawberry or raseberry salad dressing. Oooh... it tastes so good to go with fruit salad. Rarely I do drink intoxicated once or twice a year at the restaurant. Red wine tasted so awful but I prefer drink a Welch's grape juice cuz I like tasted more flavor.

Back