Windows 7 Media Center is no longer CC for DVD

rhr

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am suprise... Windows Vista Media Center (VMC) had Closed Caption on DVD but Windows 7 Media Center (7MC) is no longer CC... I am mad!...

another I found PowerDVD 11, download trial and install, I run 7MC with PowerDVD work CC!!! but only transparent, I need soild background ?

PowerDVD 11 Ultra cost $77-$99,

any another you have use DVD Player program for 7MC with CC ? WinDVD? if any Freeware Player with CC support 7MC ?

Please not talk about Apple MAC, I know it ... I talk for 7MC and CC okay?

I didn't know about it as I just got my new laptop with Windows 7. My last laptop was XP. I am sure Microsoft will give you a patch if you request for it. You won't know unless you try. And let me know as I could use that later on, ok?

If you are going to buy a drive, I'd first look into whether your computer video card can do HD then get a Blue Ray Burner. For that kind of money, it is worth it to get the HD drive.

Having said that, if you just want to change the software you can look into Video Lan Software which is free:

How to Get Closed Captioning on a VLC | eHow.com

If you are going to buy a drive, I'd first look into whether your computer video card can do HD then get a Blue Ray Burner. For that kind of money, it is worth it to get the HD drive.

Having said that, if you just want to change the software you can look into Video Lan Software which is free:

How to Get Closed Captioning on a VLC | eHow.com

this is what I use! and what is also nice with this software is that if you have a video file and subtitle file separate, you can load it advanced and load the sub file too. I have win media center... VLC is what I use on pc, mac and linux

My Windows 7 does work DVD with subtitles. But, "CC"? not support. I have to download third party software.

CC2.jpg

Hi Guys,

Please not talk about Media Player, VLC, without 7MC, I want talk about 7MC (Windows 7 Media Center)

no talk about subtitle but if some know 3rd party software with solid background support subtitle, I am happy!!

PowerDVD support both Media Center and no Media Center

WinDVD supoort both Media Center and no Media Center

becuase 7MC is no longer CC but subtitle now
but Vista and XP had CC, M$ is suck! I want find 3rd party software playback for 7MC

becuase subitle is hard read, i wish CC or subtitle with black background,

Thank you

WinDVD and PowerDVD cost $75 or more
but I am not interest for website, review, trailer...

I want alone playback softwre with CC
Do you know any freeware or shareware?

I idea i copy Vista's ehome into Windows 7, it is not working, GRRR!!! becuase VMC had CC

Did it work before on windows 7?

If so, what changed since it worked? Did you install a program or change a setting?

If it did work before, did you try system restore and see if that solves it?

Hi rhr,

I will borrow several DVD movies from a friend and test them with my Windows 7 Media Center and let you know the outcome either tonight or tomorrow night.

Please tell me which movies you are trying to watch with CC so I can test same movies as yours.

Also, please tell me how your PC is connected to the TV? Are you using HDMI (or DVI), component (three cables) or composite (single RCA)?

Peter

What name of software that you had CC on 7MC?

I thought you mean CC as closed captioned for TV. DVD had subtitles setting as english, spainsh, france, etc.

that's my screenshot is "Windows Media Player" is standard in W7. (two colors fonts subtitle = white or yellow)

Problem is many early DVD movies only came with CC and NO sub-titles. Now insert these DVD movies without sub-titles in Blu-ray players using HDMI cables, you will NOT see CC thanks to the screwed up protocol in HDMI specifications. Now, that's very screwed up for all deaf and hearing-impaired people. Why should I be forced to downgrade to crappy composite cable to watch CC AND not in high quality video?

The original poster kindly request to discuss only CC with black background. He has eyesight problems that makes it much easier for him to watch CC with black background. Sub-titles do not have black background making it very difficult for him to read. So, please stick to his original request, CC with black background. Please do not discuss anything else including sub-titles except if sub-titles has black background.

Peter

Any Moive, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, etc..
with Closed Caption.. many DVD had CC

My HTPC with 7MC build... DVI to HDMI cable, Sony HDTV 46"

but Vista had bulti-in CC, Windows 7 is no longer CC only subtitle.. subtitle is no soild background, I want Closed Caption had soild black background, becuase some snow, cloud, white, i can't read it

PoweDVD to 7MC, yes but $$$$$$ cost!!
WinDVD to 7MC yes but $$$$$ -cost

any had 3rd party software free?

tell me any suport playback DVD

1) Vista Media Center with CC
2) PowerDVD - Cost
3) WinDVD - cost
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???
I tired not find search "playback dvd for windows"

Hi rhr,

I will borrow several DVD movies from a friend and test them with my Windows 7 Media Center and let you know the outcome either tonight or tomorrow night.

Please tell me which movies you are trying to watch with CC so I can test same movies as yours.

Also, please tell me how your PC is connected to the TV? Are you using HDMI (or DVI), component (three cables) or composite (single RCA)?

Peter

I see your picture, I use adjust to picture, oh it is subtitle, not Closed Caption but I need soild black background

I thought you mean CC as closed captioned for TV. DVD had subtitles setting as english, spainsh, france, etc.

that's my screenshot is "Windows Media Player" is standard in W7. (two colors fonts subtitle = white or yellow)

Back