Will we be in recession in America?

NorCal20

Reaction score
Ok, will we be in recession in America? Lately, there are crazy news going on in Wall St., local news, and all across news on tv.

Let us discuss in here.. wait.. lemme ask Mods.

Mods: Please move this thread to somewhere in proper place, thanks Mods.

Unless you want leave this in this general chat, its cool-

How about move this thread to On-topic Debates sub-forum?

Okay, I'm waiting...

Ok, will we be in recession in America? Lately, there are crazy news going on in Wall St., local news, and all across news on tv.

Let us discuss in here.. wait.. lemme ask Mods.

Mods: Please move this thread to somewhere in proper place, thanks Mods.

Unless you want leave this in this general chat, its cool-

How about move this thread to On-topic Debates sub-forum?

Okay, I'm waiting...

Mod's Note: Thread's moved to On-topic. :)

I am afraid to check my husband's 401K online to see how much he already lost from yesterday. This am on news it showed it goes up and I hope so for our country and world sake.

We are already in a recession, and in danger of escalating into a depression.

We are already in a recession and have been for a while.

With the stock markets going downhill in a rapid rate who knows.

Stock market is worse. Interest rate is down :(

not surprise.. blame to gas price, business who did not follow process proper way to set up and help america econmy.. and housing cost like issue about foreclose.. ooo big trouble!

Is the United States in a Recession? You Bet! - Associated Content

According to a poll today on CNN, three quarters of Americans believe that our country is in a recession. A 2-1 margin agrees that the Iraq war is the leading contributor to this situation. Only 46% of Americans believed that we were in a recession last October.

What CNN isn't saying is that many Americans from all financial levels are reaching for their dusty old history books from the 5th grade, and are beginning to brush up on our basics about what actually happened to cause the Great Depression. There was something about a stock market crash, but overall, our grasp of what causes a Great Depression goes something like this:

Prior to the Great Depression, Americans relied upon cheap credit to procure newly manufactured cars, furniture, and luxuries that resulted from World War 1 technologies. As Americans took out many small loans (similar to credit cards today) this created a period of prosperity showing.

As manufacturing and agriculture increased through the use of new technology, more of everything was available, so prices dropped. As people found themselves with home, car, business, and material goods loans to repay, while prices were dropping, they couldn't make payments.

Employment became scarce as businesses were closed, and as homes taken. People reduced their society into the Great Depression by believing that it would continue to grow beyond a high-point that never happened. Their goods depreciated in value instead of increasing in value making it impossible to repay debts.

Many people in this country today are living on credit for homes, cars, furnishings, food, business loans, and student loans. And we can all see the news.

Our paychecks are staying the same while our housing and gas prices rise. Going to college does not equate to a good paying job for many people; we now have degrees working in fast food because nothing else is available. Loans are not being repaid. People are losing their homes. Medical services are a luxury that some can't afford. The big Bear Stearns bank would have gone under if it hadn't sold for a token 2.00 a share.

The majority of those who responded to this thread believe in the affirmative. *sigh* I can't say that I'm happy about it and the cards are there. Who can we blame? The President who dragged us into Iraq?

Too bad we all didn't buy a ton of gold last year, eh?

To really get out of everything. It takes to educate themselves about financial.

That the true key during informative era of our history. Financial education about how to approach life and over come.

Inflation of cost and wars are a big contribution to a stock market crash.

i agree! Deaf Mortage yup American need to learn how! rme! i know how but they dont! wtf!

I know why all this has to come.... too many greedy, corrupts, dishonesty, fraud and the list goes on. This is what happens. They screw once they break the golden rule.

I know why all this has to come.... too many greedy, corrupts, dishonesty, fraud and the list goes on. This is what happens. They screw once they break the golden rule.

Bush. And McCain/Plain will worsen the consequences by supporting his faulty policies.

Afterall, it is the President who dragged us into the Iraq war. He is from the Republican party. Those who vote Republican are responsible for this recession. They were the ones who enjoy watching Americans lose their homes, struggle to make ends meet, and young Americans dying in Iraq.

Nevermind that the Christian Right also endorses the Republicans. Throw the political race into this thread? The Republicans made sure that this happened. Of course, American politics have to be thrown into this thread!

Back