Will the Midwest and Northeast have a colder than normal winter?

Supposed to hit 90's this weekend. That's more hot than I'd like. It's already warm enough now.

YUCKY! I do not like it that hot and my dog hate it too. He get SOB very easy in hot weather .

YUCKY! I do not like it that hot and my dog hate it too. He get SOB very easy in hot weather .

Yeah, I know how your dog feels. I've been cranky as of late, because the warmer weather is keeping me cooped up inside. I'd like to have my 70's back.

We are hitting near 100 all this week and part of next then a storm moves through. The evenings are dropping into the 70s so its not too bad at night.

I will go to Austin in Texas for two weeks on August 30th. I am not looking forward to their over 100 degrees weather. I hope the storm that you are having is not severe. Be safe!

For some reason my old Boxer loves to go out and lay in the sun, I have a hard time getting her to come inside where its cool?

For some reason my old Boxer loves to go out and lay in the sun, I have a hard time getting her to come inside where its cool?

Does she have some sort of sensitivity to cooler temps? You mentioned she an old boxer, maybe the sun makes her feel good? :dunno:

Does she have some sort of sensitivity to cooler temps? You mentioned she an old boxer, maybe the sun makes her feel good? :dunno:

No senstivities, but she does love the heat, and laying in the grass in the sun. She comes and lets me know she has to go out to potty. I let her out and she pees, then lays down and ignores me to come in, so I leave her out a bit and come back to call her, she will look but stay. After a firm command she gets up walks around a bit and lays down again...lol

After awhile I will check on her and she is still stubborn, finally she will come running when I open the door. Usually about 15-20 minutes

I agreed!!!

Once we got hit by 42 inches of snow overnight... WITHOUT warning! No snow plowing, no nothing, cause weatherman lied to us, only cute 3 inches... Guess what? We came out fine.

thats nothing, try 60+ inches of snow, deep wet snow !

I agreed!!!

Once we got hit by 42 inches of snow overnight... WITHOUT warning! No snow plowing, no nothing, cause weatherman lied to us, only cute 3 inches... Guess what? We came out fine.

At the time they said there were blizzards up north, we were supposed to get about 2 feet and drifts....NOPE, we got burried overnight. There was power outages due to ice pulling down power lines, my parents house has massive fireplaces and we were nice and toasty but had to stay in the same rooms as the fire to be comfortable. After that my parents got kerosene heaters as well to help in case of another bad storm. They had a wood burner in the basement that would heat the entire house but got so hot in the basement you didnt want to go down to check it and my dad thought it might start a fire just from the heat so he took it out...old Benjamin.

At the time they said there were blizzards up north, we were supposed to get about 2 feet and drifts....NOPE, we got burried overnight. There was power outages due to ice pulling down power lines, my parents house has massive fireplaces and we were nice and toasty but had to stay in the same rooms as the fire to be comfortable. After that my parents got kerosene heaters as well to help in case of another bad storm. They had a wood burner in the basement that would heat the entire house but got so hot in the basement you didnt want to go down to check it and my dad thought it might start a fire just from the heat so he took it out...old Benjamin.

I had a woodstove in my house in Berkeley, Calf. I only used it at night as it got cool then. I really liked the stove it had a deer in the woods scene on both sides.

I had a woodstove in my house in Berkeley, Calf. I only used it at night as it got cool then. I really liked the stove it had a deer in the woods scene on both sides.

My parents cast iron fireplace cover has that, I will get a picture next time Im down that way.

I just hope that it's not too cold. Who has a crystal ball to predict the weather?

I do:

lake_shore_drive_108758595.jpg

February 2nd, 2015 - Part 2!

As someone who lives in Western NY, I can't wait til winter. Our summers are usually hot and muggy. This year, it has been very cool. No high humidity.

I expect it to be really cold this year. Another Polar Vortex.

ChicagoBlue,

You make me laugh. You are worried about a little snow?

Blizzard of 1976, we had 12 feet of snow. Blizzard of 1985, we had around 10 feet of snow. It's the norm for us.

Bottom line is I'm expecting a really bad blizzard this year. A longer colder winter than we ever had. BRING IT ON!!

As someone who lives in Western NY, I can't wait til winter. Our summers are usually hot and muggy. This year, it has been very cool. No high humidity.

I expect it to be really cold this year. Another Polar Vortex.

ChicagoBlue,

You make me laugh. You are worried about a little snow?

Blizzard of 1976, we had 12 feet of snow. Blizzard of 1985, we had around 10 feet of snow. It's the norm for us.

Bottom line is I'm expecting a really bad blizzard this year. A longer colder winter than we ever had. BRING IT ON!!

A few inches doesn't hurt, but a foot or more sends people scrambling.

Back