Will NJ allow deaf people drive? Please post if anyone live in NJ.

Lily, I wonder - Where did your friend get that information from? Is it from word-of-mouth or just a random guess that he had thought of?

Every deaf person are allowed to drive in the U.S. Some states varies by taking some extra steps to note it on your driver's license. I assure you, it is not illegal for a deaf person to drive in New Jersey.

Lily, I wonder - Where did your friend get that information from? Is it from word-of-mouth or just a random guess that he had thought of?

Every deaf person are allowed to drive in the U.S. Some states varies by taking some extra steps to note it on your driver's license. I assure you, it is not illegal for a deaf person to drive in New Jersey.

You know, Alex is from NJ?

It drives me crazy when people say that kind of thing (deafies can't drive.) No pun intended ;).

He might consider to give proof that about deaf poeple can drive in NJ, unless the guy has some proof that deaf people are driving illegally :lol:

HAHA....I grew in NJ and there is NO such law. Many of my Deaf are also GREAT mechanics too in NJ. There is actually NO law like that ANYWHERE in USA!

I had chat with a person. He never know that I can drive. He made big deal about this. He said it is against law that in NJ deaf people drive. They are not allowed to drive. I didnt want believe him because I have a friend who live in NJ and she have driver licence and she can drive. I know her only from NJ. He was very mean at me about my driving with my parent and my son. I dont let him stop me about driving.

Please reply If you live in NJ so I can show a person that he is so wrong.

???????? Like what everybody said - he is completely wrong! I am from NJ and has lived here since 3 years old. NO SUCH LAW in NJ prohibiting deaf people (just blind people :laugh2:) from driving.

Tell him to come to NJ so I can give him a NJ hello/bye gesture :madfawk:

Oh boy! What the heck did he think?! lol

Driving requires all vision, not hearing - simple!

We have heard a few times in the past from several hearies who claimed that deaf shouldn't or cannot drive.

Even one of my friends once told me that a cop, who stopped him, said that he really thought that deaf cannot drive but called somebody "high" to ask (to make sure) and ended up surprised then waived him off.

Ah, those people.... :roll:

That hearing man is an absolutely retarded for saying Deaf is not allow to drive in NJ. My Deaf friends and I have been driving for long time with registered vehicle and driver license.

WTF? This guy is full of shit. He has no idea of what he is talking about and tell him he should do some research before jumping to such ridiculous conclusions.

Yeah, that dude need special endorsement on his licence that say "shallow idiot" so any cop that pull him over can try to understand his fool point of view.

Im still looking for a state where I can drive both deaf and nude in. :lol:

lol thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. I hope you brush your teeth cuz hes feeding you a lot of bullshit.

I do not know this as a fact but I think a deaf person can end up being a better driver. I am assuming when a person can not hear, he will more likely to pay more visual attention. This guy probably thought it would be a problem when you can not hear honks but believe me the traffic would be so much better without them anyway :)

Enjoy your driving
Hermes

Back