Will Hurricane Rita be Another Katrina?

glad i don't live in hurricane alley.. i live in tornado alley.. just had one today :D beautiful green skys. and heard a baseball hail size in cities :shock:

anyway i pray for those people in NO, huston, galvastona, etc..

The funny thing about this is, we lost oil in New Orleans and we got our emergency backup oil reserves off the coast of Galveston and now it seems Rita will hit Galveston ----deep sigh----

In other news today, my husband filled up 5 5-gallon tanks of gas n sealed them off. We don't want to pay $3 in gas again! :(

I called my mom. And she said they're all already out of Houston to Brownsville. My other family relatives left with them, too. She said they had to get out of the house. They brought important things with them, just in case.

So, please pray for the people in Texas and Louisiana. Thanks!

Better gas up your tanks today, folks! It's gonna be worse this time around.

glad i don't live in hurricane alley.. i live in tornado alley.. just had one today beautiful green skys. and heard a baseball hail size in cities
I hear ya! I've lived in Beumont area (port arthur/groves) and dealt with the hurricanes, and live in Wichita Falls area (electra) and dealt with the tornadoes. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. The main thing is that no matter where you are, you are prepared for the inevitable.

When riding out a tornado, you know to get in the bathtub and put a mattress over your head. In a hurricane, you have the forewarning to get your ass inland.

Just talked with my friend whos former Oil refinery employee. He said, this time it is going to hit real hard. The refinery itself will withstand the hurricane, even tornadoes. BUT there will be problem with pipelines. These pipelines aren't designed to withstand this destructive hurricane. He even said it is gonna to be catastrophic effect and there is no way we all can escape. SHIT! :madfawk:

Gas price will shot up again, more likely around 4 dollars a gal. So, all we can do is brace for the worst shits!

Filled up my tank this afternoon with gas - got cursed out in a foreign language too...the thing with my car is that for some reason, the gas tank is positioned wrong and they have to actually pay attention to what they are doing in order to pump gas into my car. The guy put ten dollars' worth into the tank and said it was full. I said it wasn't. He said it was. I turned over the engine and showed him that it was not - (hey...ten bucks does NOT fill an empty tank these days!) - that's when he swore in a foreign language. I shrugged and returned the sentiments in English. I'm fairly certain he understood me, too.

Anyway - for those of you who are in Texas...my thoughts and well wishes are with you! I have been following the news a little...(more than I'm used to!) and everything looks so horrible and bleak...I would hate to see a repeat of Katrina!!

Be safe.

As same my hubby did filled up the gas full this morning.. and told me gas will come increase more because of Rita hurriance will destory the oil factory that where is at TX. I said.. oh uh ... okay.. no problem.. meaning we have to force stay here and no travelling around seeing my friend for a rest week until Gas back normal down.
Espically my older son has attend another town.. we have to drive him up there and back forth... Friday and sunday.. *groan*

I was born in the rain by Lake Ponchartrain

Underneath the Louisiana Moon

And I don't mind the strain of a hurricane

They come around every June

High black water, a devils daughter

She's hard and she's cold, and she's mean

But nobody's taught her that it takes a lot of water

To wash away New Orleans

-- "Hurricane", from American Son, Levon Helm, 1980

There's a problem right now in Texas...

Major traffic jam... gas stations running out of gas... it's starting to turn out that there were still not enough time for everybody to escape the hurricane.

Dude, you should see the gas stations here... all lined up... the whole day! I wouldn't be surprised if we face a temporary gas shortage after this! I bet it's the same everywhere else because of what happened after the last hurricane.

What about lot lot helicoptor can come and take them people out of creepy places?
Why not, Can't they ? Should have another states who can help being volunteered and come over and get them out of here.. Extactly simaliar Airplane can get them people and leave the state until Hurriance is finished..
*sigh* feel helpless...
((mumbling))

They have been using helicopters, airplanes, even school buses to evacuate from Galveston and Houston areas. That's just a lot of people to move all at one time and some dumbasses waited till the last possible moment and may get stuck.

I hope things go as well as they can but I heard that it's probably going to strengthen again.

45 miles in 12 hours after setting out from her home in the Houston suburb of LaPorte

from an article.. one person stated that :shock: image how slow!
and it changed its path.. going another way.. to its major oil refinarys are! and New Orlens are experiencing heavy rain.. flooding again!

once thing i don't understand why not they USE both lanes to go one way.. this will make the traffic more smooth.. pretty idiotic! just like what NO did!

With the next round of gas shortage, if there is one, there's plans to limit each customer to just 10 gallons.

Eve said:
They have been using helicopters, airplanes, even school buses to evacuate from Galveston and Houston areas. That's just a lot of people to move all at one time and some dumbasses waited till the last possible moment and may get stuck.

Add to that, some dumbasses who were NOT told to evacuate did so. Therefore, instead of having 1.3 million people on the roads, you ended up with over 3 million people on the interstates. Can we say bottleneck? HELLO!!! That is just too many people on the road at one time. You simply cannot do it. It takes a lot to move the masses. However, it seems that a lot of people did get out of the hurricane's path. Hopefully, we won't see the loss of life we did when Katrina blew into town in NOLA/Miss. Let's hope, anyway.

I just noticed something. They bussed the refugees from New Orleans to Houston. Now they're bussing them elsewhere? :squint: I dont know what they must be feeling right now

DeafBiker4JC said:
I just noticed something. They bussed the refugees from New Orleans to Houston. Now they're bussing them elsewhere? :squint: I dont know what they must be feeling right now

yea that is what i have thought about those NO ppl at Houston for few days.

deafclimber said:
yea that is what i have thought about those NO ppl at Houston for few days.
maybe there's one satan somewhere from NO that's transfered to houston.. and god's trying to scare that satan in houston :shock:

Back