Will AirPort Extreme Base Station work with VP?

BartSimpsx24x

Reaction score
Hey! I am thinking about buy AirPort Extreme Base Station Because I want use Printer Wireless.. I have Apple Computer. I am big Fans of Apple. I am wonder if AirPort Extreme Base Station will work with VP in somehow. I know it only has one etherent. Is there a way to make it work with VP?

Hey! I am thinking about buy AirPort Extreme Base Station Because I want use Printer Wireless.. I have Apple Computer. I am big Fans of Apple. I am wonder if AirPort Extreme Base Station will work with VP in somehow. I know it only has one etherent. Is there a way to make it work with VP?

Does Linksys will work on Mac?

Well, sounds similiar to my problem.. But I know yours and mine are different but still it should work.. Anyway, my wireless router (Netgear) has been kinda acted up with VP lately.. I was kinda fed up and thinking what should I do with wireless router..? All of sudden, something popped up in mind, I know I can hook-up wired router and wireless router together at the same time! I decided to bring wired router back (D-Link DI-604) that I know VP is definitely working with.. and then hook-up with wireless router for my laptop and Wii.

How does it work..? Simple, hook-up one of available port (1 to 4) from wired router to one of your wireless router LAN port (1 to 4).. Not WAN, otherwise it wouldn't work!! Make sure DHCP must be disabled on wireless router and set specific IP Address ie: 192.168.0.199 and have (Wired Router) DHCP set from Start IP Address: 192.168.0.1 to End IP Address: 192.168.0.198.

Sorry my lousy diagram: :D
wiredwireless.jpg

That's pretty simple and it works great so far!! I'm glad I didn't have to change or get rid wireless router! :D And what's more, it's a good thing there are plenty ports left!

Well, sounds similiar to my problem.. But I know yours and mine are different but still it should work.. Anyway, my wireless router (Netgear) has been kinda acted up with VP lately.. I was kinda fed up and thinking what should I do with wireless router..? All of sudden, something popped up in mind, I know I can hook-up wired router and wireless router together at the same time! I decided to bring wired router back (D-Link DI-604) that I know VP is definitely working with.. and then hook-up with wireless router for my laptop and Wii.

How does it work..? Simple, hook-up one of available port (1 to 4) from wired router to one of your wireless router LAN port (1 to 4).. Not WAN, otherwise it wouldn't work!! Make sure DHCP must be disabled on wireless router and set specific IP Address ie: 192.168.0.199 and have (Wired Router) DHCP set from Start IP Address: 192.168.0.1 to End IP Address: 192.168.0.198.

Sorry my lousy diagram: :D
wiredwireless.jpg

That's pretty simple and it works great so far!! I'm glad I didn't have to change or get rid wireless router! :D And what's more, it's a good thing there are plenty ports left!

I hate have two or three Modem/routers! It wasted.

Yea, I understand.. It's better than nothing.. *shrugs* :)

Yeah. It's nice to have it as a "access point". But I prefer the real AP (a second router take more time to do a configurations), so I can bring it anywhere. When I'm at my friend's and connect it to their hub box or router to allow my laptop to get on line. Sorry if I get off the subject on this thread. Thanks Kurtcs for this tip.

I current owned Airport Extreme Base Station. It does work with VP, you will need to enable the NAT default host to order for VP to work proper.

I am sure it will work on MAC. But Remember some linksys won't work on VP that what I heard.

no, most Linksys will not work with videophone. The most common, I find problem that Linksys will not allow the person to receive any incoming call. Only outcoming call someone.

I current owned Airport Extreme Base Station. It does work with VP, you will need to enable the NAT default host to order for VP to work proper.

Okay so can you us give us an example of what to enter on Airport Utility how you set up the VP? I am looking forward to this using only one router and save electricity!!

I'm using a linksys network hub with 2nd IP with my VP and it works fine. I had to auto-configure it on the VP and it worked great. I have 2 IP addresses, one for computer and one for VP. Maybe that set-up would be less complicated for you.

I'm using a linksys network hub with 2nd IP with my VP and it works fine. I had to auto-configure it on the VP and it worked great. I have 2 IP addresses, one for computer and one for VP. Maybe that set-up would be less complicated for you.

Auto-configure? i hope this is not for the VP-200. I am talking about the VP-100. I wish I had the VP-200 now cus I don't wanna spend extra money on the ring flasher for the vp 100!! Give me some specific instruction how I can set it up. I don't have auto-configure on my VP.

Sorenson codec is a digital video codec devised by the company Sorenson Media. It is used in Apple's QuickTime and in Macromedia Flash.

Apple.. hehe

Never mind...I got it up and running on my new Apple Airport Extreme!! Yayyy!!!:applause: :applause: :rockon:

Oh, where did I go wrong or what did I do wrong?!? Now it is all but a black screen showing nothing on it! HELP!! Mac users, give me the information how I set up the VP-100 to Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n! I know it will work but it's gotta work somehow. PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!:Ohno: :fingersx:

Oh, where did I go wrong or what did I do wrong?!? Now it is all but a black screen showing nothing on it! HELP!! Mac users, give me the information how I set up the VP-100 to Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n! I know it will work but it's gotta work somehow. PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!:Ohno: :fingersx:

It happen to me too... I just got Airport Extereme. So I use Sorenson Router and Airport Extereme and it work fine. I am trying to figure out how get Airport Extereme to work with VP. Should We call Sorenson Support. I am sure they will tell us to use Sorenson Router! Sigh....

It happen to me too... I just got Airport Extereme. So I use Sorenson Router and Airport Extereme and it work fine. I am trying to figure out how get Airport Extereme to work with VP. Should We call Sorenson Support. I am sure they will tell us to use Sorenson Router! Sigh....

There is another thread relating to this 'black screen' problem which is created by horselover61, I think. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Back