Wii: Tips & Tricks

kurtcs

Reaction score
Wanna stay blue light forever?

Here's how:
Whenever you receive a message there is a BLUE LIGHT on the CONSOLE that lights up. If you'd like to keep the light on all the time you can press the HOME BUTTON, and from the MENU go to your EMAIL. On the next page add your personal computer email address to your ADDRESS BOOK. Within a few hours check your computer's email and there should be a message waiting, when you reply the the email the console's "New Message" light will come on. Don't read the email and the light will stay on.

All Wiis have an EMAIL ADDRESS. You can email anyone you have the FRIEND ID for. Their address will be "w(INSERT NUMBER HERE)@wii.com" as an example: w1234567890123456@wii.com.

It works like a charm!! Anyone of you guys have something to add for tips and tricks.. Feel free post here!

I find it a little gay for anyone who wants to keep the blue light on and just stare it at it for hourse just cause it looks beautiful...geez the blue light is there for a REASON.

the blue light blinks as a message when it has recieved a disc into its slot or that the blue light also blinks as message that you got an email...but really...if it keeps doing that, obviously it will get warm and proably overheat if you keep it on like that. so no thanks.

I already turned the Wii connect24 to off so it wont show the yellow light either when I turn the Wii off cause if you do see the yellow light it is not completely off...it's still online and of course it will get warm too so if you dont want that, just turn Wii connect 24 off so you wont get it online 24 hrs aday 'til you ACTUALLY use the console anyway.

Assuming the lights are small diodes similar to the ps2's and exactly like 'throwies' (a diode with a small led light stuck to a hearing aid battery glued to a magnet) it wouldn't ever overheat. I could be wrong, but logic seems to state otherwise. I'd be more worried about leaving a ps3 plugged in than a wii, so far they're pretty good while ps3's are fire hazards. =) I'm not kidding, a few have actually exploded.

I find it a little gay for anyone who wants to keep the blue light on and just stare it at it for hourse just cause it looks beautiful...geez the blue light is there for a REASON.

the blue light blinks as a message when it has recieved a disc into its slot or that the blue light also blinks as message that you got an email...but really...if it keeps doing that, obviously it will get warm and proably overheat if you keep it on like that. so no thanks.

I already turned the Wii connect24 to off so it wont show the yellow light either when I turn the Wii off cause if you do see the yellow light it is not completely off...it's still online and of course it will get warm too so if you dont want that, just turn Wii connect 24 off so you wont get it online 24 hrs aday 'til you ACTUALLY use the console anyway.

The blue light is an LED... LED's let out very little heat (think of the little lights on your computer - do they get too hot??) :D

The only possible damage I can think of by leaving the blue light or leds on is them burning out. I just checked on the net' and they have a 100,000+ (plus) hour lifespan. That's close around 4,500 days! That's about 10 years of having it on forever before it even dims. The average gamer probably doesn't play for more than 20-ish hours a week- I think you'll be pretty safe leaving it on, furthermore if your LED does go the way of the buffalo they're pretty cheap to replace. About 30 cents or so and only require 2 drops of solder.

Edit- Although I do agree it is silly to lock it in blue.

Hey guys

Did you know that you can use the Wii for a huge slide show for friends and family? We use the TV to look at our family pictures!

I tried to rig the TV to show a presentation but need to get one more cord!

No need to leave light, it would bother and I wouldn't able to tell if I have message or not.

Hey guys

Did you know that you can use the Wii for a huge slide show for friends and family? We use the TV to look at our family pictures!

I tried to rig the TV to show a presentation but need to get one more cord!
Yeah, I'm aware of that. There's a slot for your SD card for pictures. You can just move the SD card from your digital camera and put it in your Wii. Ta-da! A photo gallery!

My friend and I experimented with that once. We even played puzzles using the pictures in his Wii photo gallery. ;)

What you probably need is a good extension cord. :)

Back