Why your dog stinks.......

Which is worse? "Doggy" spell, even strong...or.....cat box?

Sabine, my greyhound, always smells doggy except for ten minutes after her bi-yearly bath.

Which is worse? "Doggy" spell, even strong...or.....cat box?

Sabine, my greyhound, always smells doggy except for ten minutes after her bi-yearly bath.

Say what?...you give ur dog a bath every 6 months or more?....Unbelievable!...A good bath and a brush, having their toenails trimmed once a month and their teeth brushed often.....along with healthy dog food makes a dog very happy.

Your dog must be very filthy. And if you keep ur dog inside...:shock:.....

Say what?...you give ur dog a bath every 6 months or more?....Unbelievable!...A good bath and a brush, having their toenails trimmed once a month and their teeth brushed often.....along with healthy dog food makes a dog very happy.

Maybe SteveB like to camouflage himself by diving into a mud with a dog, so his smell for dog's odor is unnoticeable. :lol:

Actually, my dogs are greyhounds. They almost never get dirty. They have a dog door and a yard, so they are outside a lot. They actually groom themselves, a bit like cats. The group I adopted them from recommends not bathing them unless they roll in something. I can't manage them, so bi-yearly baths!

My dog, Sage, STANK when we first adopted her. Baths only helped for a day or so and it's not good for dogs to bathe them frequently so we couldn't give her a bath every other day. We changed her over to a raw meat diet and she has been stink free ever since. Ever her breath and teeth are better. I was amazed!

Not surprised... That is what dogs are supposed to eat, not the crap out of grocery stores.

Not surprised... That is what dogs are supposed to eat, not the crap out of grocery stores.

Exactly. My first thought when someone asks about or mentions that their dog stinks, is usually related to the food it's eating. Alpo, Dog Chow, Kibbles N' Bits, generic store-brands, even slightly better foods like Iams, Eukanuba, Pro-Plan. Sometimes the food will actually be good quality, it just isn't quite right for this particular dog.

My dog recently got his first bath in YEARS (about 5 years, I want to say). He didn't smell at all, really, we only gave him the bath because it'd been so long since his last one and as he's so old, we wanted to give him just one more. Surprisingly, his previously dull coat (thought to be from the health issues that he's had) went away and his coat is now shiny and soft again, just like when he was a young boy. Jake's baths are a 2-hour process, as he has water-repellent fur, and it takes FOREVER just to get it wet, and then shampoo and conditioner don't want to distribute through the fur very well. Thus why we rarely gave him baths, lol. Fortunately, he never needed it.

Back