Why would you wanna some CI?????

Crueldarkprince said:
Well no wonder why most deaf wanna CI? it a bad idea for deaf. Just because most deaf dont accept who they are really born for what lord wanna them to be it. And if they wanted a CI they would even disliked it later future of years. I had a CI and i had it 5 yrs ago on age 12 i though i would like it and now i am 17 i dont like it no more i hated it cuz well it my opinion is that if you got CI it wont even help you get you fully hearing the doctor is just saying a lies and they wanna is dirty money. Plz can you tell me ur opion to me plz. :grouphug:
Yeah my opinion is keep religious beliefs in relation to hearing off these forums and your post looks like it's been typed by a three year old :thumbd:

Hi,:)

CI is still at risk. We don't know about the long term side effects like brain cancer. Forget about CI and it is okay to be deaf. God made you deaf. That's why CI can't cure deafness. Surgery is so awful!! (drill, etc) My friend almost died from CI in a few years ago. She was one of the bad luck people. I hope it won't happen to you. Good luck with your CI.

Yeah, I personally don't like the idea of having the CI in my head.

:)
Momoftwo

Crueldarkprince said:
Well let say nope. I think that hearing ppls are tryin to take over deaf world. I agree in my own opinon. And i wanna all deaf to accept of what they was born to be. I decide to have CI 12 yrs old now i dont like it but i had a baby brother whose deaf he got CI 8 mnths old and now he 6 yrs old he kinda against deaf. Well let say he dont go to deaf progam school and he just go to hearing skool he is the only deaf in that skool.

CI :rl: that is :thumb:

yes exactly, I am extremely angry with pediatrics, audiologist, otolaryngologist, etc. They are hearies. They are very oppressive to the Deaf community due to smallest number of group. They voted with FDA and Consensus Development Conferences in June 1995 without consult or invite the Deaf people in that conference. They do not realize how dangerous are the Deaf children with cochlear implants when they become older. Itself cochlear implants destroy their identities and very ambivalence in two cultures !

I do support your perspective about CI. I had a long term heat debate in other Deaf form for years. I had an interview many doctors, parents and teachers for my term paper at college. It is very difficult for me to stay in netual for listen their pro and con opinion about the CI.

I disagreed with FDA who makes the wrongful decision on the younger ages on Deaf babies to get their CI.

It is really sad because your younger Deaf baby brother choice the hearing world because your parents taught him to particular hearing world since his younger age.

The medical is big issue pressure in this society. There is nothing else, we can do. That is why, I am end up in this debate for years.

you should read www.cochlearwar.com it is very interesting website !

Otherwise, I do respect the Deaf adults who make their decision because it is their bodies. But... not the infants !

Sabby, what about older kids? I am kinda uncomfortable with CIs for babies b/c it is just so hard to figure out (even with ABR testing) how well a kid can hear.
Older kids who clearly obviously don't benifit from aids.....that's a slightly different story.

I'll be honest i havent read this post coz this week i've had 3 midterms and a paper and i'm done everything now so YAY!!!!

I agree with Deafdyke: i'm not against CI's but i don't like the ideas about giving them to babies. that's just MO.

deafdyke said:
Sabby, what about older kids? I am kinda uncomfortable with CIs for babies b/c it is just so hard to figure out (even with ABR testing) how well a kid can hear.
Older kids who clearly obviously don't benifit from aids.....that's a slightly different story.

Even professional audiologists had advised that hearing tests aren't 100% accurate when it come to testing babies because a lot of them have a certain condition that may fool the tests. I forgot what they called it, but it start with the letter, R or something.

Banjo, exactly!!!!! I'm NOT totally anti-CI....More *strokes chin in a thoughtful manner* waiting until ALL tests clearly and consistantly indicate a loss bad enough for implantation...and unfortunatly most babies can't really indicate that they hear something.....God, even profoundly deaf babies play the "Now I hear, you now I don't" game! I just wish there was a way to tell early on how well a deaf baby can respond with hearing aids. There are cases where hearing aids don't help, and there's even a condition (auditory nereopathy) where hearing aids don't really help at ALL.

Back