Why the World Hates the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it wasn't a factual documentary. Many experts debunked the so-called facts in these documentaries. People should be careful about believing whatever they see in documentaries. However, I haven't heard too much about Sicko being debunked like we did with both F 9/11 and Columbine.

However... I must say that his recent documentary, Sicko is a change for the better. Unlikely Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11, it focuses on how countries run their healthcare and the problems surrounding them. Though it does leave out some of the facts about Canada, UK and France.

I have noticed that Michael Moore is particularly sensitive to criticisms of the USA by people who are not Americans. He showed this in his recent documentary where a French doctor, I think he was French... he kept on badmouthing the USA. Moore had to leave because he was getting angry with the doctor.

Still, it's better than his last few documentaries, which were wildly inaccurate in many places. It's nowhere perfect, but should be enough to give people the basic idea of how they run healthcare systems in some countries.
My main gripe is that Moore and the movie industry call his movies documentaries, and political groups promote them as such. If they want to call them movies that explore controversial topics with a touch of dark humor, or whatever, that's fine. But too many people in these audiences believe they are watching (drumroll) THE FACTS. People shouldn't make important decisions based on what they see in a movie.

My main gripe is that Moore and the movie industry call his movies documentaries, and political groups promote them as such. If they want to call them movies that explore controversial topics with a touch of dark humor, or whatever, that's fine. But too many people in these audiences believe they are watching (drumroll) THE FACTS. People shouldn't make important decisions based on what they see in a movie.

I hear what you're saying. I really do.

The only reason why they are called documentaries is because that's the genre they are in even though they may be not factual.

Exactly, Reba. Moore's "documentary" is on the same low level as Gore's. Imbecility celebrated by imbecilic celebrities.

Exactly, Reba. Moore's "documentary" is on the same low level as Gore's. Imbecility celebrated by imbecilic celebrities.

Every time you fart, a new hole will open up in the ozone layer. Yes, this is a fact. Al Gore said so. We all should believe every single word that comes out of his mouth.

then if in doubt you might want to clarify the connection of your comments to this topic, if I have got it wrong then I will rectify it.

I'm not in doubt about the topic. It's "Why the World Hates the US?" In my opinion, much of the hate is due to envy. That comment as to the reason may not sit well with some citizens of other countries, but it certainly speaks directly to this thread's topic.

then I stand by my original reply to your comment, which makes perfect sense, so i have no idea what you don't understand about it.

to cut it short, if anyone thinks the world is envious of the US and want to be like them, then they couldn't be further from they truth if they tried.
where would we start? obesity?guns? racism? I could go on and on, but to cut a long story short, to my knowledge there is not one country in the world who wants to be like the US, quite the opposite.

1. Do the people of a country actually hate the people of the United States?

2. If #1 is true, what precisely causes that hate? Remember, hate comes from the inside, not the outside.

Each person is responsible for his or her own feelings.

byrdie if I lived in your country then maybe I could leave, I am from scotland, part of UK, 4 generations of my family have fought alongside the US,
as hard as it is, i am an ally of the US, its just the US ignonrance of world opinion, like your own makes it very difficult at times to support, i cant recall one country who wants to be like the US, like the UK, YES, but not a country who sits like they rule the world and think they always know best, one thing you can never deny, the US has caused more trouble worldwide with interference than any other country in the world, and like I said before you are now having to sleep in the bed you made for yourself. if any of you stopped for one second and considered for example israel and the middle east, ignored your own interests,try to see it from the arab point of view you might, and i say MIGHT begin to understand why the world hates you, they as far as I have seen never want to be like you, quite the opposite.

Yup, USA isn't superpower, neither so other countries are so, I had found about some people that who discuss about superpower, it's so sad when American said USA is superpower, I have disagree with them.

USA isn't #1 best country, even not perfect, USA has pros and cons like UK does, every countries are equal, except for several countries that's terrorist infested like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghan or others. Life isn't easier or funnier in USA, it got hard in some parts like other countries. Economy system in USA is quietly bad now, everything went up.

Speaking of superpower, if it wasn't me, China would be superpower in near future.

What happened on December 7, 1941 sparked off the final decision for the country to become an ally of the UK. The fact is, at least 80% of Americans were against going to war before the Japanese military orchestrated an air raid on Pearl Harbour.

The USA was much more isolated and focused on their own country back then. All it took was an air raid to change everything.

After 9/11 occurred, it didn't take Bush long to get the troops into Afghanistan and Iraq. I have observed that It's quite easy to get the approval during a period of grievance and when a lot of people would be angry at the terrorists for doing so.

The reason why I was against the invasion of Iraq from the very beginning was because there were already rumours that the CIA report was heavily flawed and full of inaccurate facts. I just cannot approve of a war where the president largely used the "weapons of mass destruction" argument as the pitch. To this day, it cannot be justified because of that.

Politics, it's a sick game.

The United States was already indirectly involved with WWII by allowing British ships as well as other countries within the Crown to fly American flags when there were military supplies on those ships.

Secrecy at its best.

yes I agree with that Banjo, whilst I was 100% behind us going to war with Iraq, i knew thee were lying, personally I would have supported the real reasons, the lying was done to pull in the people who couldn't decide, and that is totlally wrong and undemocratic, so heads should roll, but I stand by my opinion, we can't stand by and let our enemies get stronger by the day and do us more damage in the future, we have to snuff out future threats against our way of life.

but it pains me to be honest that it has to hit home(pearl harbour,9/11) for the US to act, it seems to be all self intrest and not a global policy. the Uk went in totlally behind you without hesitation after (9/11) something the US has never done for any other country.

The UK has more experience with terrorism than the US. The US never had much experience with terrorism except for the local lunatics.

then I stand by my original reply to your comment, which makes perfect sense, so i have no idea what you don't understand about it.

to cut it short, if anyone thinks the world is envious of the US and want to be like them, then they couldn't be further from they truth if they tried.
where would we start? obesity?guns? racism? I could go on and on, but to cut a long story short, to my knowledge there is not one country in the world who wants to be like the US, quite the opposite.

Then why is the world coming here to be educated in our colleges and universities as those degrees are more lucrative than what is offered in their homeland?

Why are they asking us for money to help them?

Why are they asking us for assistance in defending their nation?

Why are there are so many immigrants clammoring to get into the United States more than any other country in the world?

It's because it's known fact that things are good in the Good Ol' US of A!

Have to agree with some of you guys, USA is not the perfect all the times country. If I want some perfect climate then I would be living in Mexico, if I want to live in somewhere there's many of Buddhists like me then it would be in Thailand, if I want to smoke the marijuana, then I would rather to live in Netherlands, if I want to live in somewhere really quiet and peace, then I would rather to live in New Zealand, there are many things that I would rather to live in different countries other than USA. There are lot of countries that has good ecomonic system like USA, I have been in Japan and are very impressive by their technology and ecomonic, and even more I love their language, but they are not in USA. I have been in Bahamas, there's lot of people who careless about the money and only want to have fun, their country are very calm and peace country, but too bad the Americans are not like those people in Bahamas.

Myth: USA is the most freedom county in the world.
Fact: USA is just another country just like other countries.

The United States was already indirectly involved with WWII by allowing British ships as well as other countries within the Crown to fly American flags when there were military supplies on those ships.

Secrecy at its best.

Actually, that is true. I should had clarified what I meant by that. At the time, they were even allowing some people in the military to join the fight with the British military. Although, they were not a fully committed ally at the time because they did not have the country's full approval back then.

They were even setting up factories in the USA to produce weapons for them. In fact, WW2 made the USA stronger economic-wise.

Have to agree with some of you guys, USA is not the perfect all the times country. If I want some perfect climate then I would be living in Mexico, if I want to live in somewhere there's many of Buddhists like me then it would be in Thailand, if I want to smoke the marijuana, then I would rather to live in Netherlands, if I want to live in somewhere really quiet and peace, then I would rather to live in New Zealand, there are many things that I would rather to live in different countries other than USA. There are lot of countries that has good ecomonic system like USA, I have been in Japan and are very impressive by their technology and ecomonic, and even more I love their language, but they are not in USA. I have been in Bahamas, there's lot of people who careless about the money and only want to have fun, their country are very calm and peace country, but too bad the Americans are not like those people in Bahamas.

Myth: USA is the most freedom county in the world.
Fact: USA is just another country just like other countries.

Netherlands, ever since they legalized marijuana, the number of break-in robberies of both houses and cars skyrocketed.

Believe what you want to.

It's really just a matter of opinion which country is better and which isn't.

Netherlands, ever since they legalized marijuana, the number of break-in robberies of both houses and cars skyrocketed.

Believe what you want to.

It's really just a matter of opinion which country is better and which isn't.

Yupp exactly, in USA, the marijuana are illegal but their criminal population goes up. Every countries have its own pros and cons.

Yupp exactly, in USA, the marijuana are illegal but their criminal population goes up. Every countries have its own pros and cons.

No, I was talking about Netherlands. The crime rate went up after they legalized it.

Secrecy at its best.

The UK has more experience with terrorism than the US. The US never had much experience with terrorism except for the local lunatics.

Then why is the world coming here to be educated in our colleges and universities as those degrees are more lucrative than what is offered in their homeland?

Why are they asking us for money to help them?

Why are they asking us for assistance in defending their nation?

Why are there are so many immigrants clammoring to get into the United States more than any other country in the world?

It's because it's known fact that things are good in the Good Ol' US of A!

its the very same here byrdie, and I know they don't want to be like the UK, they come here because their country is poor and we all have better education, which is why many of them keep their cultural identity. if they had this at home then they wouldn't be flocking to the US or the UK, yes probally the US has more immigrants than any other country, but perhaps thats because your country is alot bigger, thats the only reason, it's a case of need not want.

1. Do the people of a country actually hate the people of the United States?

2. If #1 is true, what precisely causes that hate? Remember, hate comes from the inside, not the outside.

Each person is responsible for his or her own feelings.

I sincerely hope not Reba, I for one have many American friends who i have alot of respect for and have known them for many years.
but there is always going to be some small minded idiots who hate the people and not the country as a whole, it's the very same for us in the UK.

mind you we suffer less than our english neighbours, when in france you'd never believe the different attitude when they realise we are scottish and not english, they go from being rude to very polite and friendly, it's the same for americans there, most try to pretend they are canadian as the french loathe US.

No, I was talking about Netherlands. The crime rate went up after they legalized it.

I didn't know that Banjo, alot of people here are trying to have it legalised, it's already been downgraded and the police turn a blind eye to it most of the time, if they get aught with a small amount it is confiscated and the people get let off with a warning.
I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, there are some sensible points on both sides of the arguement, one thing I do agree is because of the fact it is illegal people who wnat it have to contact criminals/druh pushers etc, putting them inot touch wiht alot of harder drugs like heroin and cocaine, if it could be sold from some legal premises it would take the heroin availabilty away from them, and the governemnt then could collect taxes from it's sales.
the amount of people who smoke it in the UK is unbelievable, but it needs to be tested better, especially the link with mental illness/schizophrenia in later life.

I sincerely hope not Reba, I for one have many American friends who i have alot of respect for and have known them for many years.
but there is always going to be some small minded idiots who hate the people and not the country as a whole, it's the very same for us in the UK.
Personally, I don't understand why it would be acceptable to hate entire countries either. Even those countries we are at war with, I don't hate them.

mind you we suffer less than our english neighbours, when in france you'd never believe the different attitude when they realise we are scottish and not english, they go from being rude to very polite and friendly, it's the same for americans there, most try to pretend they are canadian as the french loathe US.
Isn't that sad? :(

Personally, if I had to lie about my nationality in order to get polite attitude from another country's citizens I think I would prefer to stay home. Why should I spend my hard-earned dollars as a tourist in a place that insults me?

As for those Americans who pretend to be other nationalities, if they're so ashamed maybe they should look for a new home country. Pah-tooie!

As for those Americans who pretend to be other nationalities, if they're so ashamed maybe they should look for a new home country. Pah-tooie!

You know, they do sell clothings with the Canadian flag on it for Americans to buy when they travel in different countries. However, the Canadians and Americans do not share the same accent because of how we pronounce some words.

It's not always easy being an American in a different country. Like Macian said, there will always be some small-minded morons going after a country they don't like.

I can't say I ever experienced anti-Canadian sentiments while being in the USA. I noticed that when we approached some black people in the southern states, they were a little cold then once they realized that we were Canadians, they changed their tone.

Then when I went around the town, I noticed that I was in the part of the town where only the black people lived, then went to the area where the white people are. It was pretty strange to see that as where I live is pretty diverse with many different minorities. It's as if the town itself had a line saying the black people can live there, and the white people can live on the other side. I can't remember which town it was, but I think it was in North Carolina or South Carolina.

Weird. In fact, Buffalo is kind of like that too in some sections.

You know, they do sell clothings with the Canadian flag on it for Americans to buy when they travel in different countries. However, the Canadians and Americans do not share the same accent because of how we pronounce some words.
Really? What's that aboot? ;)

I can't say I ever experienced anti-Canadian sentiments while being in the USA. I noticed that when we approached some black people in the southern states, they were a little cold then once they realized that we were Canadians, they changed their tone.
That's weird.

Then when I went around the town, I noticed that I was in the part of the town where only the black people lived, then went to the area where the white people are. It was pretty strange to see that as where I live is pretty diverse with many different minorities. It's as if the town itself had a line saying the black people can live there, and the white people can live on the other side.
In Charleston, most of the division is income based. Poor people live in poor areas. The poor part of residential downtown Charleston is mostly black, not because they are forced to stay there but because they have lived there for generations and don't want to leave. They actually occupy some valuable property that high-price developers want but they refuse to leave. It's part of the gentrification controversy. So there is never any vacancy for poor white people to move into except for Section 8 housing. Some of what used to be mostly black poor areas in the North Charleston area has become almost completely Hispanic. There is culture clash in those areas. In the middle and upper middle class areas there is a good racial and ethnic mix. In the high price areas, there are mostly (but not all) white because they are either old-money Southern gentility, new-money Yankee carpetbaqgers, or wealthy Euros buying vacation mansions.

In other words, if you got the money you can live where you want, regardless of color.

I can't remember which town it was, but I think it was in North Carolina or South Carolina.
Grrrr! :mad: That makes me nuts when people can't distinguish North Carolina from South Carolina. They are two totally different states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back