Why the World Hates the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Angel^ said:
Millions of tramps?....And that's the reason why the world hates the US?

btw where in the world did you hear that US has millllllllliooons of tramps as you put it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeless

In 2002, research showed that children and families were the largest growing segment of the homeless in America

Yes its a little off-topic because I am trying to explain to Reba that life in USA is not the best as she thinks because of this quote!!
Originally Posted by Reba
No one answered this question yet:

If the world hates the US,

"Then why do so many people try so hard to immigrate to the US?"

Oh, You're speaking of another term for homeless people, at first I thought you were speaking of whores or hos.. LOL!

Reba said:
Then why do so many people try so hard to immigrate to the US?

Hmmm, that's a Good question. I am still
looking for a Good answer to this Good question here.

:thumb:

NOTE: I mean if they HATE United States, then they should
STAY at where they are and then mind their own business
in their own country.

Opal said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeless

Yes its a little off-topic because I am trying to explain to Reba that life in USA is not the best as she thinks because of this quote!!

I didn't know you were speakin' of homeless people?...and I'm wondering if you seen this line here
Homeless people may be found in all parts of the world in varying situations
...Again where did it say anything about US only?...

:dunno:

Opal, homeless people can be found anywhere in the world not only in the USA. I once went to England several years ago and I have seen some homeless people around in there.

webexploder wrote:
Off subject - The Russia blackmarket sold nuclear supplies to many countries 10 years ago because Russia government was broke. Even, the Russia's security was very poor in these days. The only thing that I don't understand that it has the largest amount of ruby and diamonds in the world that would save the government business alive and go on etc...

Yeah, Actually I think Russia had lot of missle and sold to Iran or Iraq.. Not sure which one. US troops were pissed off w/Russia why you missle to us? Russia gov't explained them didn't missle againist your area.. They decide invesgtion and found out that was russia already sold it out to them 10 yrs ago.

Pretty "Almost accessing". Oh geee..

So, the whole world does NOT hate the US.

The US is still a desirable place to live. (Not the only desirable place but very desirable never the less.)

Many people still risk their lives to migrate to the US.

Americans who disagree with US policy and life styles are allowed to freely express their opinions.

So, I guess things aren't so bad after all! :)

ButterflyGirl said:
Opal, homeless people can be found anywhere in the world not only in the USA. I once went to England several years ago and I have seen some homeless people around in there.

Please re-read carefully what I said earlier

There are MILLLLLIOONS of tramps living in the United States, and I went to Boston, MA and NY during my holiday and was surprised to find lots of down and out people there. - Of course we have some tramps, but not that many compared to them. :-/

Reba said:
So, the whole world does NOT hate the US.

The US is still a desirable place to live. (Not the only desirable place but very desirable never the less.)

Many people still risk their lives to migrate to the US.

Americans who disagree with US policy and life styles are allowed to freely express their opinions.

So, I guess things aren't so bad after all! :)

I asked my people what they think of the American/America.

They said America is trying to rule the world, some want them out of the UN.

Some saying America is generous and helpful eg donate millions of dollars for the Tsunami disaster, but ignored and neglected New Orlean disaster. - Why don't they look after its people first? :dunno:

Still its President's decision alone.

Opal said:
Some saying America is generous and helpful eg donate millions of dollars for the Tsunami disaster, but ignored and neglected New Orlean disaster. - Why don't they look after its people first? :dunno:

That's True... AND this comment is making me
VERY ANGRY thinking about New Orleans.

:mad:

(NOTE: I have to blame FEMA and many other
organizations, too)

Cheri said:
Oh, You're speaking of another term for homeless people, at first I thought you were speaking of whores or hos.. LOL!

:lol:

I want you aware about the language between British and America.

British: Tramp
American: Homeless people

If anyone said "There are many tramps in ....." which mean is homeless people...

If anyone said: "You are tramp" which mean is whore. It's an insult word.

FelixKat930 said:
In Sweden some day or Austraila. :mrgreen: And Visit Opal and Liebieg!

Yes, hope your dream will comes true one day!

sr171soars said:
And the Europeans are not? They have a better social security net than we do and they take every advantage of it. Let me see six weeks of vacation, low cost health care, more or less guaranteed job security. Unfortunately for them, the system has been showing strains and is now starting to crack and they are wringing their hands at the changes they must do to fix it up. Guess what? They are using us as a model in some of those things. One example is unemployment benefits...they pretty much guarantee a lifetime of benefits. This is slowly changing in the direction we took by saying to folks...nothing lasts forever...get a job!

Question is it depends on your POV and the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

I can understand from reading the link, you provided in your previous post about welfare benefit which total different as Europe. I think those link will explain better. I agree that there're cons and pros in our countries.

http://www.zeppscommentaries.com/Sociology/labor.htm

Yes, we paid high taxes and social insurances including health care cost accord German security system. Employer paid part of taxes and social insurances for their employees.

Yes, there´re high jobless rate in Germany. The problem was begin after € conversion. The companies refused to divide from Deutsche Mark (DM) into € (1.95583). They only removed DM to add €, it means that its double for us and our divided income, saving bank, mortaged, rent, life insurance, etc etc.
The government told companies to divide everything but they wont listen. That´s how Germans cut their budgets more and manage with double prices hardly with divided incomes. They buy clothes, etc from outside of Germany which its cheaper than buy double prices in Germany. That´s why German companies goes bankrupt because of this.

I know the tax here in Germany is expensive than America.

European unemployers living under social welfare assistance. You see why we pay high taxes and social insurances because of this.

They are using us as a model in some of those things.

No, European Government would not use American model for an example because they disagree on American polities how to take care of their people. They find their way to fix unemployment rates but it will take long, long, long time to improve unemployment rates. Yes, there're some change in welfare benefit (cut some welfare benefit)...

I hope this answer is right one what you want to ask about ?

P.S. Paid Vacation/holiday paid is not the reason why we have high employment rates but taxes and Euro convertion. 6/7 weeks paid vacation and paid public holidays was fixed long, long, long time ago.

FelixKat930 said:
In Sweden some day or Austraila. :mrgreen: And Visit Opal and Liebieg!

:D I hope your dream will be fulfilling... :thumb:

More posts will come later to answer some of your posts. I have to go home now...

Reba said:
That's the problem. Europeans see only the negative news about America, and the protests.

Remember, TV Media doesn´t lie. The film about them is an original. Americans were being interviewed by Reporters with film. Who negative? Of course, Bush himself because he doesn´t care about his own country. :)

They don't realize that the protesters are a very small percentage of the population. Protesting is more "newsworthy" so it gets more coverage. News about people supporting the military, or showing the positive things that happen, don't get covered because those stories are "boring."

Your Mom answered already. Your Mom is correct about this because she said the same what TV Medias said.

War against terrorism is not a Republican issue, and war against terrorism is not about revenge. See, that's what I mean about not getting the whole story.

It's not about "revenge".

Yes, it´s about revenge because Bush accussed Iraq for attack 9/11 and then sent his soliders to punish Iraq there and then later found out that Iraq is not responsible for 9/11. The world is furious with Bush for that because Americans and Iranians were being killed in Iraq for nothing. Do you still claim that it´s not revenge? Bush has no right to attack/kill people from other countries when there´re no proof who did 9/11. First Bush accussed Hussein, now then Bin Laden...

If a surgeon cuts a tumor out of a patient's body to prevent the spread of cancer is that "revenge" against the patient? No. It's saving the life of the patient.

No I see different.

Surgeon has a proof that his patient has a cancer then do something is catch right cancer and then remove.... It´s about save human´s life. The cancer is the best proof, then they can save their patient life... What Bush did is total different because of no proof. He did not catch right one but kill them... *shake my head*

Where have Bush proof that it´s Hussein or Bin Laden who did 9/11? Bush sent his soliders to attack/kill people in Iraq without proof. The world told Bush to not do that but Bush ignored it. Now you see that Iraq is not responsible for 9/11? Nobody arrest Bush for the war criminal, he made against Iraq. Why?

If Bush want to have Bin Laden then do something, not sent solider to attack/kill innoncent people to get Hussein or Bin Laden.

If anyone who get revenge, always get it back... Look what they did to hurt innoncent people... All what I say is LEAVE OTHER COUNTRIES ALONE ... Get revenge is not worth... Bush should focus his own people, not revenge against other countries...

Last edited:
Reba said:
No, it's not revenge against cancer. There is no emotion involved. It is preventing the cancer from spreading and doing more damage.

If the surgery was for revenge it would mean removing the tumor after the patient died from cancer, and stomping on it. It would serve no purpose.

If you really believe that war after 9/11 was just for revenge, and if you believe revenge is wrong, then does that mean after 9/11 you would have us do nothing?

No, it was not about revenge. We want to prevent another 9/11 attack from happening.

Do you want to just sit here and wait for the next attack? And the next one, and the next one....

No, not for revenge. For self-defense. To let the attacker know that he can't do that kind of thing without expecting consequences.

I disagree with you on this. It´s not self-defense but revenge...

Self-defense = you defend yourself being attack from anyone... Example: Rapist or serial killer tried to kill you then you has the right to defend yourself to do something to kill them...

Revenge = you attack to punish anyone because you are being attacked by them in the past. You ran and attack other countries because they attack your country is revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back