Why some ppl hate Wal-Mart?

Taurus

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea what is going on?

To me, Wal-mart is just a store like Target.

I believe because they have such lower prices that it puts some small business out of business.

well to me walmart prices are almost same as Target prices.. I dont really see any difference..

Here in Iowa I see a big difference. Walmart trip for twice a month would save $40 in a month over Target for same stuff.

Here in Iowa I see a big difference. Walmart trip for twice a month would save $40 in a month over Target for same stuff.

hmm that is very interesting.. I guess it is depend on locals..

Wal-Mart will go low prices if there are many stores around..

Prices will go high if there arent many stores around Wal-Mart

I live near to Walmart. I have no problem with lower price. It's not same as Target. Walmart is a little cheaper than Target and Meijer and grocery. The lower price is help to save money. Walmart is under Sam Club's company.

It's not the store that's the problem, it's stupid and insecure people that make the shopping experience amusing or living hell depending on how you look at it. Regardless, I still shop there for needs (beer, steaks, ass-wipes, etc) no matter what kind of prick I run into, I love to have a little fun with them! (See jokes section for one instance)

I live near to Walmart. I have no problem with lower price. It's not same as Target. Walmart is a little cheaper than Target and Meijer and grocery. The lower price is help to save money. Walmart is under Sam Club's company.

Correction, Sam's Club is subsidiary under Wal-mart since Wal-mart come in first name for company.

I work overnight at wal-mart but don't bother to shop here, except for snacks and other few stuff, I don't like their role of business, union labor issue and long known of hurt small businesses, also other many reasons, I usually shop at Target for personal item needed and sometime at kmart, for electronic then usually Best Buy and sometime at Circuit City, rarely at Fry's.

There's no supercenter in nearly to my area, only about 15 miles away, had done with shopping and not interested in, I usually shop for groceries at Jewel Osco at most time and sometime at Super Target and Meijer, I like both of their store plan because of pet food/stuff and bath supplies (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc) are located in near to grocery area since supercenter is on opposite side, both of pet and bath supplies are far away from grocery area. I had went Super Kmart at few time, it's good and they got pet and bath supplies in grocery area in combined, more like truely grocery store.

I heard that Walmart don't offer health insurance and pension to the workers. That is not good for those people. They have to go and find a free clinic center for any health problems.

I found this link which talked about problems with Walmart: WakeUpWalMart.com - Join the fight to change Wal-Mart and change America

False, wal mart does offers health insurance after work for 6 month but more limited, it's HMO with high deductible, I think so but I prefer PPO because of more choice on doctor visit, even I can't trust wal-mart's health insurance due civil issue with former employees who got sued for much claims, such as much health issue.

For pension, you means 401k? wal mart does offers 401k as well.

Honestly, I have no idea what is going on?

To me, Wal-mart is just a store like Target.

me either. don't know. don't care. i'm selfish. I want to buy the same product at lowest price available.

After today at super walmart, I hate it today. For one too long lines then they tell you it is closed after stand in line for 15 min. And clothes are sucks. Oh well.

It is true that the more stores there are in the area the lower walmarts prices are. It is called comping or competition pricing. They "comp" the major chains like Lowes, Target, Walgreens, major grocery stores, etc. But not places like Penneys or Sears. That is why one store can have something for $5 while a store 20 miles away has it for $7. All depends on the competition. One trick for major purchases is checking out the walmart.com site. You can often find things there that are cheaper than in your own store and if you have them sent site to store, you don't pay shipping and handling..the store that you pick it up from pays for it.
They used to have really bad insurance but they have made a big effort to turn that around in the past few years. They also have 401K and profit sharing (walmart invests in stock in your name). You can also buy your own shares of stock and walmart will match 15% of each purchase.
And yes, it is true that walmart does not like unions, never has. It has had to compromise in some major cities and in some overseas stores, but that idea is still very much a part of the company.
Am I pro walmart? To a certain extent, yes. After all, I have worked for the company for 18 years. But, I realize it is filled with human beings so you get your share of idiots, fools, and jerks. Just like you do in any business or in life.

One of the reason why I hate walmart is that they carry many products that are poor quality and they break easy. You could find similar products with same quality at a dollar store. They do have many same products that many stores carry, though.

Correction, Sam's Club is subsidiary under Wal-mart since Wal-mart come in first name for company.

I work overnight at wal-mart but don't bother to shop here, except for snacks and other few stuff, I don't like their role of business, union labor issue and long known of hurt small businesses, also other many reasons, I usually shop at Target for personal item needed and sometime at kmart, for electronic then usually Best Buy and sometime at Circuit City, rarely at Fry's.

There's no supercenter in nearly to my area, only about 15 miles away, had done with shopping and not interested in, I usually shop for groceries at Jewel Osco at most time and sometime at Super Target and Meijer, I like both of their store plan because of pet food/stuff and bath supplies (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc) are located in near to grocery area since supercenter is on opposite side, both of pet and bath supplies are far away from grocery area. I had went Super Kmart at few time, it's good and they got pet and bath supplies in grocery area in combined, more like truely grocery store.

I always go to Walmart for groceries. I like go to Meijer and Target for shampoos, shower soap, laundry detergent, and pet's need. I always prefer go to Meijer's meats, produces, and Dairy. Because I don't like Walmart's produces. It have a mold, bruises, spoiled, and ripped. I refused to buy it. I don't want to waste my money. I am sick of Meijer's frozen always piggy out on lower sale. I want to get some Contessa Stir Fry in Frozen. It's all out of stock. :pissed: I don't like to go store during in labor business and long lanes to wait.

I prefer go to Macy's, Kohl's, Plato's Closets, any store at Mall for clothes. I don't trust Walmart's clothes. I like Target's clothes too. Meijer's clothes is not that bad.

One of the reason why I hate walmart is that they carry many products that are poor quality and they break easy. You could find similar products with same quality at a dollar store. They do have many same products that many stores carry, though.

Do you mean plastic grocery bags?? If you hate break it easy. You better use a "reusable" earth bags for grocery. That's why I'm carrying a Reusable Bags go to grocery often.

i do not hates walmart!

i do like walmart because more lower prices but i do love shopper there makes me save money than expensives any store.

mostly people who work walmart have no problems for their sakes or HATES more reasons dues respectives because of clothing! but mostly buy foods,dvd and lots of mores at walmart im tell ya!

i do not hates walmart!

i do like walmart because more lower prices but i do love shopper there makes me save money than expensives any store.

mostly people who work walmart have no problems for their sakes or HATES more reasons dues respectives because of clothing! but mostly buy foods,dvd and lots of mores at walmart im tell ya!

It's my point about denim pant and bra. If it's wore out and tear it. What you will do?

I don't like to buy a CHEAPER bra. It's not comfort and crappy. I prefer good sale at Kohl's or Macy's Bras with comfort and support my back. I do like Victoria Secret. But it's expensive than Macy's and Kohl's.

Do you mean plastic grocery bags?? If you hate break it easy. You better use a "reusable" earth bags for grocery. That's why I'm carrying a Reusable Bags go to grocery often.

No, that's not what I mean.

Back