why so many deaf single men?

i am still single.. nothing new but better than sorry .. true enough..

so far, i have seen them like vampyro say.. yea.. just like that..

rme!

thirdgenclubfan """most women like guys who treat them bad and don't consider having relationships with nice guys.""

i agree with you!! yes i have seen alot like that! so i label them as dumb blonde! rme!
nothing new!

it happen to me before.. she pick her guy over me i was like huh i am nice guy! i knew he would cheat anyway.. rme! ok that her lost!

then i stay single!

I'm a deaf single guy. I'd like to think I'm not a complete buffoon and can carry an intelligent conversation (depending on environmental noise). First, there's probably the idea that most hearing people get that they can't communicate with deaf people. They're just afraid to try. Some kind of popular culture example needs to be made about that (maybe there was, on "West Wing" with Marlee Matlin?).

If you manage to get past that, then you have to deal with a very peculiar side of the female personality: most women like guys who treat them bad and don't consider having relationships with nice guys. When they eventually grow up and ask, where are all the nice guys... well the most likely answer is here.

It eventually gets to the point that, some people go 'why bother', while others just stop caring and move onto getting better jobs or better skills or doing hobbies or whatever. There's a lot of free time that's available when you're not in a relationship, and sometimes (especially for the folks who's burnt out on getting the raw deal) it's a lot more fun being alone and not worried about being frustrated about relationships (or getting one).

That chip on the shoulder on a man is so attractive. ;)

Of course, the best revenge is living well. I hope everyone does have a good life and be happy in whatever "legal" things they choose to do. :)

Can we all get along nice now? Frankly this is getting on my nerves - seeing how people blame the other gender and assuming that just because one person did that, it means the entire gender would do it.

Let's just focus on individuals, NOT GENDER. Man I have been screwed over by a lot of men in my life but I dont blame entire gender. I know that there are still some many wonderful NICE (yes I say NICE) men left and I hope to find mine someday. *crossing fingers*

It just annoys me to see men blasting women left and right just like what HorseRace said above - let s all get along! We would have to get along because the bottom line is that we cannot live without each other! (whether it be straight, gay/lesbians or bi)

:cheers:

Can we all get along nice now? Frankly this is getting on my nerves - seeing how people blame the other gender and assuming that just because one person did that, it means the entire gender would do it.

Let's just focus on individuals, NOT GENDER. Man I have been screwed over by a lot of men in my life but I dont blame entire gender. I know that there are still some many wonderful NICE (yes I say NICE) men left and I hope to find mine someday. *crossing fingers*

It just annoys me to see men blasting women left and right just like what HorseRace said above - let s all get along! We would have to get along because the bottom line is that we cannot live without each other! (whether it be straight, gay/lesbians or bi)

I agree..when I see something so ridiculous, I poke fun at it. :laugh2:

Does that mean it doesn't annoy you to see women blast men left and right? :cool2::hmm:

Does that mean it doesn't annoy you to see women blast men left and right? :cool2::hmm:

Of course it does. I tell my girlfriends to remember it is individual, not the gender, that they are upset with. Just because that guy they were dating or married is/was a dud it doesnt mean they should blast entire gender and refusing to date others because they see the entire gender as no-good.

I only made that statement in response to what HorseRider was saying.

I'm a deaf single guy. I'd like to think I'm not a complete buffoon and can carry an intelligent conversation (depending on environmental noise). First, there's probably the idea that most hearing people get that they can't communicate with deaf people. They're just afraid to try. Some kind of popular culture example needs to be made about that (maybe there was, on "West Wing" with Marlee Matlin?).

If you manage to get past that, then you have to deal with a very peculiar side of the female personality: most women like guys who treat them bad and don't consider having relationships with nice guys. When they eventually grow up and ask, where are all the nice guys... well the most likely answer is here.

It eventually gets to the point that, some people go 'why bother', while others just stop caring and move onto getting better jobs or better skills or doing hobbies or whatever. There's a lot of free time that's available when you're not in a relationship, and sometimes (especially for the folks who's burnt out on getting the raw deal) it's a lot more fun being alone and not worried about being frustrated about relationships (or getting one).

While there are those women that have a pattern of being attracted to abusive type relationships, it is hardly the majority of women, and certainly not all. This type of behavior is not inherent in the female personality any more than being an abusive asshole is inherhent in the male personality.

Maybe these men want women to kiss their asses but American women wont. I say, "good for the American women!!!"

Perhaps the indipendent women are not to blame. Maybe its more the insecurity of the male ego that can't handle a relationship with an equal.

That chip on the shoulder on a man is so attractive. ;)

Of course, the best revenge is living well. I hope everyone does have a good life and be happy in whatever "legal" things they choose to do. :)

Yeppers. That chip is probably what is attracting the wrong kind of woman.

best way to find a lady or guy: be yourself and be honest to share with. Nothing fancy.

best way to find a lady or guy: be yourself and be honest to share with. Nothing fancy.
I agree.

I don't like it when women change themselves just so that I will like them. When they change back, then they try to use it against me trying to make me change for them when I never asked them to change for me. :roll:

That's where I definitely differ in opinion. Communication is for fun? Having no vocabulary and going out to meet with people?

It's so scary!!! When I was first learning ASL, I had never met a Deaf person, and didn't know ANYTHING about ASL, not even the alphabet. My ASL teacher said the only way to learn the language was to see and use the langauge... so here we are, a small group of students at the bowling alley on Deaf League night, terrified to talk to anyone. It's very intimidating. Luckily, most of the Deaf folks were very patient and understanding that we sucked at ASL lol.

Nat84,
I know why many deaf single men had low of numbers who dont want to be steady themselves. That is why deaf women dont want any single men who have no work or unsoicalized with., and be SSDI for lifetime and no educational. :beer::cheers:
As 75% deaf women are afraid of deaf men for not working well with the jobs.
For Galludent University, there are very rare to be true to get a career. Like my brother does never get any true career from graduated in Gally.
Mostly in Southwestern of Virginia- there are about 10% men with jobs. 90% jobless with use of SSDI for lifetime because there are small business with discriminiations because they are Coal families in southwest of VA.
Honestly, Deaf Single Men has no excuses with no jobs. They never attracted the works. :beer:That is why Deaf Women dont want them.
Sometime Deaf Women are the fools....because they always falls in love with "hanssome looks" with no jobs.
any problems?

Nat84,
I know why many deaf single men had low of numbers who dont want to be steady themselves. That is why deaf women dont want any single men who have no work or unsoicalized with., and be SSDI for lifetime and no educational. :beer::cheers:
As 75% deaf women are afraid of deaf men for not working well with the jobs.
For Galludent University, there are very rare to be true to get a career. Like my brother does never get any true career from graduated in Gally.
Mostly in Southwestern of Virginia- there are about 10% men with jobs. 90% jobless with use of SSDI for lifetime because there are small business with discriminiations because they are Coal families in southwest of VA.
Honestly, Deaf Single Men has no excuses with no jobs. They never attracted the works. :beer:That is why Deaf Women dont want them.
Sometime Deaf Women are the fools....because they always falls in love with "hanssome looks" with no jobs.
any problems?

Jeez is that true? :beer::cheers::beer:

Vampyrox

yea i have seen that happen before! oh man!
It's also a turn-off when I'm looking for women to date. I'd meet a woman and she would tell me about guys she prefers to date and guys she refuses to date. Later, she ends up dating the guy that fits the description of those she refuses to date regardless of how well-known that guy is as being the guy she shouldn't be dating. Something bad happens and she starts going around asking for pity because the guy she dated was evil. She does it again with another guy and another guy. After seeing that, I realize... she's not worth dating.

Back