Why Parents Should Be Worried About Lyme Disease?..

After open www.baxter.de then press FSME with mouse, then you can find "Bilder der Zecke", then press with mouse, then you can see kinds of ticks...

If not, then do with http://www.baxter.de/pressforum/news_p1000_list.asp?kat=fsme

Important to find "Bilder der Zecke"

You can see that ticks are the dangerous, it´s exactly same what Angel describe...

See the information over ticks... Don´t worry about German languages but you can see the pictures...

Borreliosen (belong to kinds of ticks)

What is Borreliosen?

Borreliosen are feverful illnesses, which are caused by micro organisms (Borrelien).

The most well-known illness caused by Borrelien is the “Lyme Borreliose”, a chronically running general infection transferred by ticks bite. It is common in Europe, but also spread out to overseas, too.

According to the spreading time of the ticks, the illness arises frequently up in the summer or autumn.

What Borreliosen have causes?

Borrelien are usually transferred by ticks bite.

Whether also different stinging insects can be carried with Borrelien, is not accurately investigated yet.

Not all ticks is infected however with Borrelien, in the case of the Borreliose is responsible the so-called wooden support;

Symptoms

Ticks bite
Moving skin turning red
General disease characters
Neurological features
Joint complaints

How are Borreliosen treated? (treatment)

If the proof succeeds to Borrelien infection by blood investigations or in participation of cranial nerves by investigation of the brain liquid or the justified suspicion insists on such an illness, with antibiotics.

What can you do ?

By protection devices like strike-covering clothes and head coverage one can try to avoid ticks bites, also light clothes, too like what Angel said.

When should you go to the doctor?

The tick must be removed i.e. particularly with head. If you can´t do that then go to the doctor.
A wooden support (Ixodes ricinus) drilled itself with the head into the skin of humans.

With more than half of all cases 3 to 30 days after the ticks bite early symptoms arise.

They begin with a local turning red at the place of the bite, spread and as moving ring over months existing to remain can be present.

Additional general symptoms such as fever, headache, neck rigidity and changing joint and muscular pains can occur.

The illness can heal in this stage spontaneously and without consequences.

Spontanecus healing possible

During transition individual cranial nerves can fail the illness into the 2nd stage within a yearly, which in see, hear, speech or taste disturbances to express. Additionally symptoms of a brain skin inflammation can exist and losses of the spinal marrow.

Likewise heart muscle inflammations and joint inflammations occur.

Also in this stage a without consequences spontaneous healing is possible. In addition, the illness cannot change into a third stage with chronic and any longer welfarable disturbances of the brain function as well as damage of the heart and individual joints.

Are Borreliosen dangerous?

The healing prospects for a Borreliose are good.

An early therapy with antibiotics prevents mostly serious consequences for the central nervous system and the joints.

What is this early summer meningitis? (Frühsommer-meningoenzephalitis = FSME) is the almost similar as Lyme Diease.

Early summer meningitis (FSME) is an infection of the brain skin and (or) the brain.
It is caused by a virus, which will transfer mainly by ticks bites; in addition, after the benefit of not pasteurisierter milk, which came from infected cattle, sheep or goats, medical cases were proven.
In Central Europe & also oversea, there are some areas, which are strongly contaminated with infected ticks, in other areas does not occur the virus.

These humans immune could be remain long life by FSME illness.

Most frequently the age group of the 30 to 40 years old gets sick. The children, the illness runs usually rather harmlessly, with increasing age becomes the disease process ever more serious up to paralyses and mental disorders.

The wooden support (that´s name of kinds ticks) is the main carrier of the FSME virus.

Which the FSME has cause?

The virus mostly arrives by ticks bites into the body. The wooden support (Ixodes ricinus) is considered as a main carrier of the FSME virus.

The ticks lives at sunny forest and edges of way in the low bush.

The virus needs a high air & dampy and temperatures of at least 10 degrees for surviving plus on at least 150 days in the year. The ticks live in the virus winters. Preferential pass places with humans are the hairy scalp, the ears, hands and feet and the shoulder caves.

When you must go to the doctor?

When fiebrigen illnesses with nonspecific complaints such as head, pains of the joints, cold symptoms, neck stiffness and reducingness, then go to the doctor.

What will the doctor do?

After detailed questioning and investigation by the doctor. They will let different laboratory tests make, in order to prove the exciter or the anti-bodies.

Disease process

The FSME often runs in two phases. In the first phase it comes to increased temperature, tiredness, Katarrh, head, cross and pains of the joints and a general illness feeling.

With the last third it comes to a free and interval from 1 to 20 days to a second, more violent disease phase with high fever and very difference disease pictures such as pain, a trembling, paralyses, unconsciousness and mental disorders.

Symptoms
1. Phase
Fever
Tiredness
Pain in head, cross and member masses
Cold sign
Stomach and intestine complaints
2. Phase
Fever
Neck stiffness
Nausea
Tremble
Mental disorders
Paralyses particularly in the shoulder belt.

Is the FSME dangerous?
The FMSE usually heals completely without complications.

It take you a very long time to to cure to be healthy again.

The paralyses regress gradually, headache remained very long time. In few cases the illness leads to death.

How can you aviod FSME?
Avoid the favourite places of the ticks in contaminated areas. Ticks at the body immediately remove. For particularly endangered persons, for example forest worker and hunter, the protective inoculation is advisable. FSME shot.

Important:
Ask before a vacation trip in your pharmacy whether there can be ticks, which are stricken by Meningitis Virus in your vacation area.

Insect bites

When are insect bites and pass for humans dangerous?
The reaction, which can release insect bites, is very different from humans to humans.

Different, partially hereditary conditions, which determine the answer of the body to the pass, exist.

From an easy turning red of the bites or parting place up to life-threatening conditions everything is possible.

With the anaphylaktischen shock, a allergischen over reaction, it can come even to cycle failure and acute difficulty in breathing.

Fortunately such reactions are very rare.

Dangerous situations are more frequent by wasps or bee passes in tongue or throat.

If one gets a bee with drinking or cake meal into the mouth and one stings, it can come to strong swelling.

They can lead at worst to death by suffocating.

Warning
Call the medical emergency service immediately with allergischen reactions or with passes in tongue or throat area!

Ticks
Special caution is required with bites by ticks.

Ticks can bring exciters into the human body, cause the diseases of the brain, the skin and the joints.

The transmission of the early summers is most well-known meningitis, a form of the brain skin inflammation.

With infected ticks above all forest, one should avoid contaminated areas.

What can one do with insect bites and ticks bites?
With most humans the reactions to mosquitoes or bee passes are harmless.

Possible pain leaves itself by presenting ice lindern: as house means are recommended also ammonia, cigarette ash, onions and alcohol.

However only if the smallest signs exist that the concerning could react to the pass allergisch, the emergency service is to be alarmed immediately.

After ticks bite, it is to be paid attention particularly to the fact whether it to illnesses of the skin, which joints and the nervous system comes.

Can occur still after months lymph node swelling, head and muscular pains, connected with a general illness feeling.

When do you have to go the doctor?
As already mentions, a allergische reaction of the body is an urgent reason to call immediately the medical emergency service.

In addition symptoms arise such as difficulty in breathing, swindle, nausea and a vomiting within shortest time.

How can you protect yourself?
The bees or washs would not sting you if you didn´t threaten them.

From mosquito passes protect insect-driving out means, which are rubbed on the skin.

Avoid sunny forest and edges of way with low of bush works, that are the favourite places of the Ticks

Important.
Caution with the picknick or coffee drinking at the outside.

Caution with eat. Insects in tongue or throat can be deadly.

Caution before Ticks! They transfer among other things the exciters of the brain skin inflammation.

Avoid with forest walks low bush work and sunny forest and edges of way! Carry after possibility a head coverage.

Tip
Do not peel ticks off from the skin, since otherwise the mouth tool strikes in stays and exists the danger of an inflammation.

Cream the ticks with vaseline or drops of oil, they suffocate after some time, and you can remove them easily.

Never throw ticks to rubbish bin because they still are alive & plant more eggs

Do is flush the ticks into the toilet or burn them by the fire...

Tip
1 piece chopped garlic to add dog or cat foods. It does help.
I do that once a week. Ticks hate garlic.

Translation with the help from Googles but some of them I am correct to because translation do error sometimes.
I hope it will helps... :P

Remember

Ticks cause viruses and bacteria and can serious diseases such as early summer meningitis (FSME) and Borreliose.

Last edited:
The ticks is also the relatives of the small brown spider who drilled into human´s body to affect the infection or suck the blood etc...

It affected my husband at 6 years ago. Few hours after pick the flowers he notice something red mark on his leg. We thought it´s just harmless insect bite (we used to have mosquito around during hot summer time.)
Anyway, he felt something strange about his leg... like heavy as "stone" - pain when he walked. It also pain when he itch... I tried to cool his hot red wound leg... it goes worst... (see the similar picture - 3rd day) The red mark goes quite big & hard & hot... pain.... to 5th day so he went to Doctor for the check.. The doctor alarmed after check my husband´s leg & tried to do everything to kill the poison off from his leg with special injection & told him it´s "tick-spider" (I can´t remember which correct word)... He´s very lucky...

We have 3 or 4 kinds of ticks.. little black, brown or light brown....

I realized that I don´t have the picture here, so I will add the pictures at work on Monday...

I eye-withnessed few of my co-workers & friends who were affected by ticks bites.

1. My friend Michaela lost her hearing to deaf through FSME illness (meningitis) with high fever aged 15.

2. My co-worker Erich got FSME illness. It nearly kill him after few months coma. He returned to work after 1 year sick leave. It took him over year to cure his heathly. He´s lucky to be survived.

3. My co-worker Ursula got Borrelien infection by tick. She suffered pain in her body, also her muscles, too. She had been through a big pain & took her a long time to improve her heathly with the help from pain therapy. She said that she is fine but she got pain on & off sometimes.

4. My co-worker Peter got FSME shot but he got Borrelien infection because it has nothing to do with FSME protection. Borrelien is in the blood cells. He got an operation on his right arm, back & shoulder.

5. My husband, see my story… but his siutation is not bad – not like 1. to 4. position.

6. My cat Sussi… I removed ticks from her with the help from my neighbor… do is with oil…

7. My friend Gudrum noticed that small black was half drilled in her body so she went to doctor to get it out straight way… She´s very lucky that the head of tick was removed at last. She got FSME injection.

It would harm you when you didn´t notice until few days. Keep eye on the children or pet when they come home from outside.
As you see what I give you the information for your & your children safety. I always make sure my children & cat got it or not.

Yes Angel, you are correct about 1990.
The ticks was spread out to West Germany from East Germany since the berlin wall pulled down.

yea i heard abt that..

i think 2 or 3 yrs ago, one boy was 3 yrs old, he play outside all day, while mom was at home... then at night, he took bath, and mom saw this on his back neck and mom think nothing wrong with that so took off.. then later, he was in bed, he has high fever and very sick so mom took him to ER and explained the dr, why he was too sick? dr checked everything and found on his back neck and very red spot and put IV on him and tried save his life.. but too late, he died..

also, if yall see that on body, DONT TAKE IT OFF, go dr or ER and show them and they will handle with it.. so it will not get u sick...just let u know..

aww I'm so sorry to hear that Tweety!...

I was wondering about that....If you see a tick, do we remove it? I can't image a tick sucking my child's blood!...and putting that Lyme disease... :ugh:

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
aww I'm so sorry to hear that Tweety!...

I was wondering about that....If you see a tick, do we remove it? I can image a tick sucking my child's blood!...and putting that Lyme disease... :ugh:
NOOOOO u dont remove it , better go ER and show the Dr and let Dr handle it and Dr will remove it from one of ur kid... i know what u mean abt sucking one of ur kid blood.. i know but u need RUSH to ER and show them...

@TweentyBird,
Oh dear, I´m very sad to know about a little boy... Poor boy... What a waste life... SAD.

How long have he been suffer?
Normally the illness shown within few days after ticks bite...

Well, what I said an earlier that you can remove tick yourself is remove easily if you cream with vaseline or drop of oil, then go to doctor straight way for blood test. Remove quickly before it´s too late because ticks drilled into body...

wow, i am so surprise!
got a bite by one tick when i was 10 years old. after pulling it out then put nail polish cover on that. so far, I don't get any sick since.
yeah, i used be forest freak for many years. that how i got it on hip near right leg.

Lasza said:
wow, i am so surprise!
got a bite by one tick when i was 10 years old. after pulling it out then put nail polish cover on that. so far, I don't get any sick since.
yeah, i used be forest freak for many years. that how i got it on hip near right leg.

You are lucky, that you did pulled head of tick out... It´s good that you remove it straight way...

It´s so bad if tick´s head is still in your body.

Go to doctor straight way to get blood test for your safety if tick affect you again in the future..

usally when i was young kid at camp.. they tend to take all of us to camping for 2 days.. usally i get a tick all the time going camping.. and i take it out and i'm fine :D

But yet.. i know that Deer Tick contains Lyme Disease.. if u're aware what they look like excatly and their size u will be fine if you take them out of ur skin if u know for sure its not a Deer Tick.

The small brown spider is the relative of ticks. It look like the doctors can't do anything to save the man's thumb...

This is an example where it was affected my husband's leg... It save him after 5 days like those picture...

Attachments

• brown recluse1.jpg
    brown recluse1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Day 3.jpg
    Day 3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Day 4.jpg
    Day 4.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 20
  • Day 5.jpg
    Day 5.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Day 6.jpg
    Day 6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 21
terrible isn't it...

Attachments

• Day 9.jpg
    Day 9.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 24
  • Day 10.jpg
    Day 10.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 22
Good posting. I always keep my families out of the woods and high grass field. We have a skin repellant spray that keep the bugs off from the skins. We always take our 2 dogs to the vet every 3-4 weeks for tick check-out during the summer.

Liebling:-))) said:
The small brown spider is the relative of ticks. It look like the doctors can't do anything to save the man's thumb...

This is an example where it was affected my husband's leg... It save him after 5 days like those picture...

Oh Lord, It's looks awful...Poor Man...Thanks Liebling for showing that to us...I sure learned alot....

Holy Shit!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :jaw: :jaw:
Liebling, those pictures of the spider bites does look scary. Poor guy, he was about to lose his thumb!

I am glad your husband's infection got some antibotics to clear up your husband's leg.

Liebling:-))) said:
@TweentyBird,
Oh dear, I´m very sad to know about a little boy... Poor boy... What a waste life... SAD.

How long have he been suffer?
Normally the illness shown within few days after ticks bite...

Well, what I said an earlier that you can remove tick yourself is remove easily if you cream with vaseline or drop of oil, then go to doctor straight way for blood test. Remove quickly before it´s too late because ticks drilled into body...
he got sick 2 days then died... i know that very sad for him.. sigh

Lasza said:
wow, i am so surprise!
u are very lucky but now this year is different then before!! cuz of spread sick in tick that why this world are WORSE!

Back