Why it was hard to put washer fluid in car

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
This is my Mom's 2011 Ford Escape. I usually use my right hand to pour washer fluid, but that hood stand is in way. I needed to go sideway to put washer fluid in car. Now I can understand why many people don't want a Ford. Putting in washer fluid should not be that hard !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140310_201608.jpg
    IMG_20140310_201608.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20140310_201604.jpg
    IMG_20140310_201604.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20140310_201600.jpg
    IMG_20140310_201600.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 32
In my opinion Ford could do a lot better. Notice how that entire engine compartment is crammed full. That is not necessary they design their vehicles to be hard to work on. This makes them the enemy.

This is my Mom's 2011 Ford Escape. I usually use my right hand to pour washer fluid, but that hood stand is in way. I needed to go sideway to put washer fluid in car. Now I can understand why many people don't want a Ford. Putting in washer fluid should not be that hard !!!

Are you kidding me? It's damn easy for me. Also it's hybrid which I hate it. Too many wires/hoses/fluids/etc. I like gasoline OR diesel OR electric vehicles ONLY.

Your mom IS Escape hybrid and don't touch orange cable. It's high-voltage and around 600 voltage.

No issues for my Ford Explorer... it's easy to pour it in either coolant or washer in the tank.

What about using a funnel to help pour it in the washer tank?

attachment.php

(Googled this - not my engine bay)

No issues for my Ford Explorer... it's easy to pour it in either coolant or washer in the tank.

attachment.php

Both caps look exactly same and easy confused between coolant and washer if hurry to pour without noticed. :shock:

I had no funnel. I would have gotten old cup or something like that, but what fun would it be ?

Would it help to buy a tall thin funnel and pour the washer fluid through that? I been meaning to buy myself one as I been spilling a little fluid on the ground and that toxic to pets .

I just notice the comment about the funnel after I posted mine.

easy .. ( as derek) exchange your mom car for a turbo charged engine.. there problem solved. :laugh2:

No seriously- I wouldve walked over to your mom recycle bin and pick up empty water bottle . remove cap, cut hole in bottom.( plastic is so soft you could use kitchen scissors for that) voila . funnel!

I have focus ST, no problem so far!

I now have 3 vehicles on my driveway.

I will NOT ever own a friggin hybrid! Its not even worth the shyt!

What?..... You have nervous problem? Relax and fill it as you do NASCAR fuel refill guy.. Nothing wrong with me. Shhhh

attachment.php

Omg, this illegal cold air intake with black filter in Ca, I think you have it, lie to me. Just kidding. I just got 2008 Acura TL here last weekend for smog check, I found the cold air intake with no CARB EO label, told a customer to put OEM air filter housing back. I rejected it from smog inspection. Too bad....

Pretty sure there is plenty of illegal modifications in CA. I know someone who had a corvette with modifications and is loud as it has no muffler. CHP pulled him over one night and gave him ticket, he's lucky he was not arrested or impounded his car. He changed it back to stock wise and has since sold the car.

Omg, this illegal cold air intake with black filter in Ca, I think you have it, lie to me. Just kidding. I just got 2008 Acura TL here last weekend for smog check, I found the cold air intake with no CARB EO label, told a customer to put OEM air filter housing back. I rejected it from smog inspection. Too bad....

That can happen to some people and some do not pay attention to the labels on the cap.

Both caps look exactly same and easy confused between coolant and washer if hurry to pour without noticed. :shock:

just cut any plastic bottle in half and use it as a funnel

Lol I usually am lazy when I know a relatives washer fluid need top off I usually ask

Why? I dont like those oil change washer fluid I buy the bottle then poke a hole knife in bottom n let it drip into resvior when im doing other checks then when full I put left over fluid into relatives resvior.

I once had a gas station attendant check my car to see if I needed any
antifreeze and he said yes . I was sitting in my car and could not see what the guy was doing but it seem like an easy to do. I paid for gas and left and I wanted to clean my window and all the green stuff come out ! The fool poured the antifreeze in my window washer container. I had to have it drained out and flushed clean. I will never have a gas station touch my car again.

I once had a gas station attendant check my car to see if I needed any
antifreeze and he said yes . I was sitting in my car and could not see what the guy was doing but it seem like an easy to do. I paid for gas and left and I wanted to clean my window and all the green stuff come out ! The fool poured the antifreeze in my window washer container. I had to have it drained out and flushed clean. I will never have a gas station touch my car again.

I've seen some newbies (service attendant) who made mistakes. Even motorists bought wiper washer fluid from us, fill in coolant reservoir. Can I touch you vehicle while check fluids for you?

Mine is on the bottom left of the engine bay in this picture.

exs4.jpg

In all honesty, I'd rather ride the motorcycle than drive the car and maintenance is easier to do on the bike.

Back