Why is it so hard to find a date??

SeattleDeafGrl

Reaction score
Gee, I want to get this off my chest. I just realized Seattle is the most difficult city to find a date. It's true, according to some kind of statistic or record I read it long time ago in a magazine and other reason is that there are way too many gay dating scenes (I'm straight). I was feeling lonely right here in Seattle. Can you imagine that? Actually, I'm like sleepless in Seattle wil ples of romantic movies and junk food. This has to stop! Only if there was more deaf events in Seattle I would be going out on a friday or saturday night. It has been dead over the weekend. I did considered about putting myself in the personal. It doesn't work the way I expected. None of those guys knows sign language or know a little. Don't get me wrong, I would love to teach them sign language and see how it goes. It's just that I don't have patience. Where are all the good deafies out here??

I'm venting this out. I feel better now. Any suggestions would be great!

I agree with you, yes Seattle is the one of the worst place to find a date. There are 5 deaf events in a month in Seattle, and few others out in the suburbs. You could try putting your ad in www.deafsinglesconnection.com if you're interested in dating someone who can sign. Don't feel bad, I do have problem trying to find someone in Seattle, also. I had to go long distance to get better chance finding someone right for me. The deaf people here aren't that great to social because they are independent. I wish deaf community in Seattle was a little better! I know how you feel, so if you need anything you can PM me and I won't bite.

SeattleDeafGrl said:
Gee, I want to get this off my chest. I just realized Seattle is the most difficult city to find a date. It's true, according to some kind of statistic or record I read it long time ago in a magazine and other reason is that there are way too many gay dating scenes (I'm straight). I was feeling lonely right here in Seattle. Can you imagine that? Actually, I'm like sleepless in Seattle wil ples of romantic movies and junk food. This has to stop! Only if there was more deaf events in Seattle I would be going out on a friday or saturday night. It has been dead over the weekend. I did considered about putting myself in the personal. It doesn't work the way I expected. None of those guys knows sign language or know a little. Don't get me wrong, I would love to teach them sign language and see how it goes. It's just that I don't have patience. Where are all the good deafies out here??

yeah if I live in Seattle, I guess I would be lesbian and using dull boring dildo every night with her... zzzzzzz.

Good Venting.

I find Sequioas's suggestion good.

Remember that it's not only Seattle in the world but other states, too. I notice most of people fall in love thru online. I think you should take Sequioas's advice to connect those online.

Keep positive and Good luck :thumb:

sequoias said:
I agree with you, yes Seattle is the one of the worst place to find a date. There are 5 deaf events in a month in Seattle, and few others out in the suburbs. You could try putting your ad in www.deafsinglesconnection.com if you're interested in dating someone who can sign. Don't feel bad, I do have problem trying to find someone in Seattle, also. I had to go long distance to get better chance finding someone right for me. The deaf people here aren't that great to social because they are independent. I wish deaf community in Seattle was a little better! I know how you feel, so if you need anything you can PM me and I won't bite.

ahh online dating.. I have a funny feeling about dating online. I mean I have a major issue with honesty and trust with others. I'll give it a try though and see how many responses I get. Thanks for that link.
I truly wish the deaf community is better here. It is getting smaller each year the way I noticed.
By the way, do you know any good looking single guys betwen the age of 23-27?? I bet the good ones are taken.

RavenSteve is available, but I don't know if he is interesting in me.
And plus he is a little older... and um he is banned from ALLDEAF Forum...

Maybe someday the MODS will let him come back.

I seen that some of pretty women likes to talk with me and makes me wondering what they are doing to me and keeps on talking with me. But I just want to go walk away from them. They feel sad to see me go walk away from them. I did likes them pretty women but I don't know how to ask for dating and it is hard for me to ask them for dating. Because I am just shy to try ask for dating. Then later I graduated from High School. They gave me email addresses and I also gave them my email addresses too. They did not want me to know that they really likes me. Unitl I asked them did you ever thought about me to ask for dating. She said hell yes and she did not want to ask me for dating that kind is like rude and it's not right to do that. I did not realize they did likes me to ask them for dating. Oop! I did not know about that. So I told them I will dating as soon as I can feel ready for dating and set up an schedule to have dating with them. I did realize that I thought they just want to be friends with me but they did expecting me of ask them for dating. Wow surprised to hear that they said hell yes they are expecting me to ask for dating wow no wondering! I thought it was hard for me to have dating with them.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

What's do with age difference? You are 34 years old and he's 43 years old? My hubby is 51 years old and I'm 42 years old (9 years age difference). Why do you worry about his age? This is only number, not age. ;)

It's not harm to contact him via email if you want to see him and chat with him.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

No.

I used to live in Seattle when I was young.
Seattle is a nice city, but it was not for me.
Yeah, I noticed there's homo/les growin' in that city.
I prefer to live in a small town to where there's
no problem socializin' with a few deaf friends.

Sorry that you had to go through all this. Maybe
you can try to meet Sequioas and he will show you
around since he lives in Seattle ? Hmm ? It wouldn't
hurt to try -- It would be fun showin' around ! ;)

SeattleDeafGrl said:
ahh online dating.. I have a funny feeling about dating online. I mean I have a major issue with honesty and trust with others. I'll give it a try though and see how many responses I get. Thanks for that link.
I truly wish the deaf community is better here. It is getting smaller each year the way I noticed.
By the way, do you know any good looking single guys betwen the age of 23-27?? I bet the good ones are taken.
Hook up with Sequoias for some booty call

:whistle:

RS come back? I don't THINK SO! He stay out of AD! Sorry! We had enough of his :bsflag:

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Why don't you ask RS's hand for your new marriage. I am not surprised if you probably let him using your AD userid.

Why? You don't have to look for the full/part time jobs. RS will provide you food on table. Whenever you want bitching on any AD threads.....

Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah if I live in Seattle, I guess I would be lesbian and using dull boring dildo every night with her... zzzzzzz.

your dildo batteries run out very fast. You need to calm down and enjoy with your finger.

SeattleDeafGrl said:

Just let it flow until the time will tell you. Go to Oregon or California for the timberfest camping, NAD Conversation, etc... Do not get high hope to find a guy.

I meet my finane' through deafchat.com we have been together for 7 yrs then will get married in 3 more weeks.

Let it goes the flow !!

sequoias said:
:) Hey SeattleDeafGirl, don't give up hope. I feel Sequoias has some really good advice here for you to follow, seeing he lives in Seattle too, and has been really informative and helpful. Follow his advice. Good luck, dearheart!!!

don't give up hopes.. maybe consider yourself moving to different state.. such as minnesota :D , california, or pharaps DC?

You want a good looking man, have you thought of personality comes first over looks? That's not an answer to finding true love. I'm a year older out of ur age range and I'm good looking, but not taken. There are good ones that are not taken, it doesn't mean all the good ones are taken. I thought the deaf community is growing, I noticed some new people moving in from other states. They are hiding, that's why you don't see everyone.

SeattleDeafGrl said:

The only thing I could think of is get involve in the deaf community such as being a volunteer (like I am) planning for deaf fair, ASL happy hour, CC movie nights, etc. You'll end up making friends and meeting guys at the deaf events or hearing events, whatsoever.

Be patience and the date or the "one" will come...good luck to you, SeattleDeafgrl :fingersx:

Hey sequoias, that's right, you are a good looking and a nice guy!!!

Steel said:

I’m getting a news flash from CNN.com right now. It seems that Hell has frozen over. FEMA is trying to figure out what to do about it. And now I’m looking out my window and there are wild pigs FLYING over my house. So I guess it’s remotely possible that ravensteve could make a comeback. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back