Why is it legal?

FireTiger

Reaction score
Why is it legal to

own fireworks
transport fireworks
sell fireworks
watch fireworks

but not USE fireworks in Duval County FL?

Why is it legal to

own fireworks
transport fireworks
sell fireworks
watch fireworks

but not USE fireworks in Duval County FL?

I'm Houston and most all of Texas, it is the opposite. The land are just too, too fry to allow fireworks. The actual planed annual city firework shows were canceled.

Yeah...wild fires. Florida is very dry. Even some BBQ grills are banned also (certain locations) due to the fire hazard. But it doesn't deter some people from grilling anyway....

Duval county decided that during the drought. Now they already cancelled the firework shows for July 2012. I think they are trying to save money. They also cancelled the Parade of lights at the Landings this year too. :dunno: I am just glad I do not live in Duval County.

Duval county decided that during the drought. Now they already cancelled the firework shows for July 2012. I think they are trying to save money. They also cancelled the Parade of lights at the Landings this year too. :dunno: I am just glad I do not live in Duval County.

Perhaps Duval County in Fla. is just like Harris County in Tx. We have spend over $1 million on dead tree removal and much more on busted pipes. All this ads up to a huge hit on the general fund. The result is there is nothing left to put on annual events that people, especially children, come to expect and enjoy. We should applause those in city halls who use financial restrains, even at the cost of hurt feelings.

It actually was like this -before- the weather changed to dry, nothing that let of a spark bigger then (some tiny amount), nothing self propelled, nothing that 'exploded' larger then (some radius).

So at my legal bagel parents' house it was nothing but sparklers...

Actual fireworks shows (by the city, by Alltel Stadium, or the ballpark are allowed) - not private shows.

It actually was like this -before- the weather changed to dry, nothing that let of a spark bigger then (some tiny amount), nothing self propelled, nothing that 'exploded' larger then (some radius).

So at my legal bagel parents' house it was nothing but sparklers...

Actual fireworks shows (by the city, by Alltel Stadium, or the ballpark are allowed) - not private shows.

The same law is actually on the books in many states. Stupid law. Needs to be clarified or removed. It is rarely enforced.

It's ONLY enforced during burn bans, otherwise especially in July... its ignored...

FL has 'sun setting' laws however this one will be enforced at least once every 14 years so it's going to hang around...

(my poor understanding of sun setting laws, if it is not enforced in 14 years if 'falls off the books or 'sets' -)

Make it illeagle to do damage to people or property, fine- but just to use them? not fair.

It's ONLY enforced during burn bans, otherwise especially in July... its ignored...

FL has 'sun setting' laws however this one will be enforced at least once every 14 years so it's going to hang around...

(my poor understanding of sun setting laws, if it is not enforced in 14 years if 'falls off the books or 'sets' -)

Make it illeagle to do damage to people or property, fine- but just to use them? not fair.

Who ever said "anything" was fair in Duval County? :hmm:

I think it has to do with ridiculous law-suits against cities for allowing the use of fireworks because resident A was being stupid with his fireworks which set resident B's lawn on fire and nearly caught his house on fire. Because resident A has no money, he can't be sued, so resident B sues the city to get money.

So now many cities just ban the private use of fireworks. I believe in N. Little Rock if you are caught even in possession of fireworks you can be fined. Not sure what the amount is though.

In the smaller communities way out in the boonies you can pretty much do what you want as long as you don't get out of hand and it doesn't come across the emergency radio frequencies.

My hometown banned the use of fireworks back in '87 or so. That was during a drought, so that made sense. But when the weather got wet again, the ban was not lifted. It's been like that ever since.

It's the same here and many other places.

One time I stopped at a fireworks store in Pennsylvania. They had a sign that said they could only sell to non-Pennsylvania residents. I was there with a friend who was from Pennsylvania. So, he wasn't able to buy any. I was able to buy it using my Texas license. :)

My best friend is a residential/commercial disaster recovery adjuster for an insurance agency and lives in Tampa. Several years ago, he had to go to a house that was worth nearly $3 million that had burned completely to the ground.

They threw fireworks in a trash bin without watering down the bin and set it beside the house.

I just learned last night Disneyland now stop use firework because of small accident caused one man deaf in one ear. We went there last month and we loved firework. Sad.

My son went to Disney (Orlando, Fla.), New Year's Eve.... and there were Fireworks.....*go figure*...also, here at home, fireworks off the dock....Legal or Illegal....

All of our local stores were selling them for NYE. Only thing people forget, our Township does not allow them at all except for july 4th only. The police were real busy in our area last night. Over 100 people were given citations and had their fireworks confiscated last night.

I can't remember i think so own firework sure i am not sure legal not allow on

i guess allow on my are

strictly because if if supposed on closed on house fines $500 or fire something not sure I can't remembmer I forget it!

I think so far to allow on legal!

Back