Why I'm here.

sunnystar

Reaction score
Hello,my is Julia. I think I am hard of hearing(HoH) even though a doctor told me it is in the normal range. In the last 2 years, I have needed words on the TV, talking on the phone has became hard, have not heard people talking too low, not looking at me, or worst are in another room, and loud sounds have became the scariest thing ever.
Still living at home with my good hearing family,I've became sort of a problem having been declared partly blind only 4 years ago. Being the problem, they are very unkind to me when I can't hear them. I get yelled at a lot which as I said, scares me. Trying to make better I enrolled in ASL classes but, my family pointed out I am not deaf and refused to take them with me and I am still level one. So, I am still getting yelled at. Any advice is welcome and my ASL classes learn about The Deaf Community so info on that is useful to me. Thank you.:ty:

Hi Julia, Welcome to Alldeaf!

I'm not sure I fully understand your situation. I can see that you are frustrated. Have you had an ENT look into why you are not hearing well?

You state that you are "still living at home". Are you ready for college? It sounds like you may benefit from living away from home for a while. I know that when we change, others in our lives may have a hard time accepting those changes because they grew up with us being a particular way. I had a hard time when my hearing suddenly dropped.

If you are legally blind, you may also be eligible for additional state or federal benefits. Let us know how things are as you move forward. we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Wirelessly posted

maybe get checked for usher syndrome type 3 its when someone lose hearing and vision as adult

hey, I've been hoh my whole life and also had problems with my eyes since I wear glasses :)
but a hearing aid is always good for a newbie :)

Thank you, I will look into your suggests. Hey, this is off topic, but, how do I start my blog on here?

Thank you, I will look into your suggests. Hey, this is off topic, but, how do I start my blog on here?

Go to your own profile and look for this link at the right: Show All Statistics.

That should get you there. I never did a blog just stuck around in the forums.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Same like Cheetah, I have never start a blog about what I think or feel about my deafness and other topics. :)

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back