Why I hate the evolution/creationism debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug5

Reaction score
Does it really matter one way or the other? Would it really change anything if one was true?

Lets for the sake of argument, say evolution is true. Evolution takes millions and billions of years, and I will be lucky to make it to a 100. This means my offsprings are gonna pretty much look like me. Evolution isnt gonna have any noticable affect in my measly 100 years. so whatever

Now lets assume creationism is true. Now I am a direct descendant from adam and eve. I look in the mirror and nothing has changed. If i have kids i tell them we are not related to monkeys.

nothing changes, the whole debate pointless

Does it really matter one way or the other? Would it really change anything if one was true?

Lets for the sake of argument, say evolution is true. Evolution takes millions and billions of years, and I will be lucky to make it to a 100. This means my offsprings are gonna pretty much look like me. Evolution isnt gonna have any noticable affect in my measly 100 years. so whatever

Now lets assume creationism is true. Now I am a direct descendant from adam and eve. I look in the mirror and nothing has changed. If i have kids i tell them we are not related to monkeys.

nothing changes, the whole debate pointless

Teaching children outright lies in public schools that are blatently contradicted by well-established fact is "what's wrong".

Evolution is a cumulative phenomenon and will hardly give any "noticable effect" in 100 years in a species that reproduces so infrequently. There's a different time frame that one has to use to think about evolution, continental drift, and universal stuff (distance and time in outer space). We normal folk have no real concept of 50 million years cos we rarely live over 100 years.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's pointless, only is pointless when people based their thoughts on theories, how accurate are theories? theory is a theory , they cannot prove a whole lot in evolutionary biology, I don't trust theories, I trust facts and the truth. ;)

I think we should teach both Creationism and Evolutionin the schoos.

Maybe God wanted us to learn about evolution on how He did the work?

Afterall it was God that sent Charles Darwin to us to enlighten us.....

I think we should teach both Creationism and Evolutionin the schoos.

Maybe God wanted us to learn about evolution on how He did the work?

Or maybe it was God who created evolution? Never know..

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's pointless, only is pointless when people based their thoughts on theories, how accurate are theories? theory is a theory , they cannot prove a whole lot in evolutionary biology, I don't trust theories, I trust facts and the truth. ;)

How do you feel about gravity? ;) Or number theory? :)

I think public schools should not teach creationism but teach evolution because it is part of science.. kids should learn creationism from their own parents not us.

I don't think so because Charles Darwin is a human being, God gave people free will that's including to makes choices in life, choose good or evil, right or wrong, self or others. ;)

If God sent us Charles Darwin then he would believe in God's existence too, won't he? ;)

I think public schools should not teach creationism but teach evolution because it is part of science.. kids should learn creationism from their own parents not us.

I believe both should be taught in school we shouldn't hide anything from the children, we can't just lie to them, hide them from the world, or it's truth, or it's lie. I don't believe in that. :)

I believe both should be taught in school we shouldn't hide anything from the children, we can't just lie to them, hide them from the world, or it's truth, or it's lie. I don't believe in that. :)

I perfer kids to learn about creationism be taught separately (private) because not every of them raise in Christian home. They can take course at college about them but not while my tax dollars goes to school to have them taught my kids about God their way.

I perfer kids to learn about creationism be taught separately (private) because not every of them raise in Christian home. .

Creationism has nothing to do with Christianity. Creationism has to do with God.

I don't think so because Charles Darwin is a human being, God gave people free will that's including to makes choices in life, choose good or evil, right or wrong, self or others. ;)

If God sent us Charles Darwin then he would believe in God's existence too, won't he? ;)

very good point!

Creationism has nothing to do with Christianity. Creationism has to do with God.

Creation myths generally are taught but not in biology classes or science classes, rather, they are taught in social studies classes where the aim of the course is to learn about other societies and their mythos.

Creation and things similar to it are non-testable and therefor require faith because they can not be shown to be true with the scientific method. Evolution, on the other hand, requires no faith (unless one is unwilling to research for themself, and that is silly!!!) as there is a mountain of evidence in support of its veracity.

Creation myths generally are taught but not in biology classes or science classes, rather, they are taught in social studies classes where the aim of the course is to learn about other societies and their mythos.

Creation and things similar to it are non-testable and therefor require faith because they can not be shown to be true with the scientific method. Evolution, on the other hand, requires no faith (unless one is unwilling to research for themself, and that is silly!!!) as there is a mountain of evidence in support of its veracity.

There is alot of evidence saying that evolution is not true. It's being hidden by the scientist that dont want to admit the truth.

There is alot of evidence saying that evolution is not true. It's being hidden by the scientist that dont want to admit the truth.

*nods* even where scientist would disagree with other scientist on a theory.

here we go again arguing about something that cant be proven. You want proof, build yourself a time machine and go back in history and see for yourself.

Evolution is just a theory. Its not proven as fact. School teaches lots of subjects about factless theory. You have psychology, economics ....

here we go again arguing about something that cant be proven. You want proof, build yourself a time machine and go back in history and see for yourself.

:giggle: I would love to do that, then I would get to meet Jesus.

That´s why I allow my both sons learn both Creationism and Evolution at school. I was taught both at school and find interesting. I am still interesting to focus both Creationism and Evolution which is a good education for me.

Evolution is just a theory. Its not proven as fact. School teaches lots of subjects about factless theory. You have psychology, economics ....

Give The Talk.Origins Archive: Must-Read FAQs a read. I'm curious what people who claim something is "just" theory think about number theory and gravity, both of which are "just theories".

Shall be my final post as talkorigins.org does a good job in dealing with the subject of, well, origins.

Creationism should be teach at church, private school or home, even that's parent who would teach them but agnostic/atheist parents wouldn't enjoy to see like that when teach at public school.

Evolution is just regular course that had teach at public school, it's for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back