Why gossip? I mean......

Yeppers. Can't be slander when its true!

Right..too often I see so many people accusing others of slander. I dont think they understand what it really means. They can accuse them of gossip but not slander because the gossip was true. No, doesnt make it right for them to tell numerous people about whatever happened and whatnot but it is only slander when it is completely false. Very hard to prove slander which celebrities have a hard time with the tabloids. Some have won lawsuits against the tabloids for slander.

I know...so easy to get into it. LOL!

Right, someone wanted to sue me for slander about telling someone else about what he did to me. He said I was gossiping about him and wanted to sue me for slander. I was like only if I was lying but since what he did to me wasnt made up, cant sue me for slander. Ha! However, at that time, I realized I told way too many people about what he did to me and it got around in the Deaf community. Oopps...learned from my mistake to be careful next time.

Oh boy! it can get out of hand..whooo!
Well, he would have to prove it, right? If he cant prove it, he
cant sue you, heh.
Guess we gotta be careful..geez.

Oh boy! it can get out of hand..whooo!
Well, he would have to prove it, right? If he cant prove it, he
cant sue you, heh.
Guess we gotta be careful..geez.

Well, that was 8 years ago...if he tried to actually go with the lawsuit...I had a police report against him so that was my proof. Not gonna go into details but when I pointed that out to him, he knew he had nothing over me. Oh boy....my only mistake was telling too many people about the situation. Was a VERY bad idea.

Live and learn, I guess.

Right..too often I see so many people accusing others of slander. I dont think they understand what it really means. They can accuse them of gossip but not slander because the gossip was true. No, doesnt make it right for them to tell numerous people about whatever happened and whatnot but it is only slander when it is completely false. Very hard to prove slander which celebrities have a hard time with the tabloids. Some have won lawsuits against the tabloids for slander.

yeah i hate when i tell someone something and they said wow or whatever.. then they go off and tell someone else.. someone tell others.. then somewhere in middle someone twist stories around and say bad things. many believed it was truth. I said why didnt u ask me first before listening to the rumors? thats the plms that lot do not ask me but keep on gossiping... thats life and thats why i ignore the gossip .. ha.. :)

whenever i hear gossips i know it may not be true cuz its always twisted. oh well...

Well, that was 8 years ago...if he tried to actually go with the lawsuit...I had a police report against him so that was my proof. Not gonna go into details but when I pointed that out to him, he knew he had nothing over me. Oh boy....my only mistake was telling too many people about the situation. Was a VERY bad idea.

Live and learn, I guess.

Oh, i see. Thats good you had proof against him so he cant
do anything, heh.
I understand what you mean about telling people about the
situation..it would be better to let the sleeping dogs lie, right?
Is that the right saying?..hehe.

Oh, i see. Thats good you had proof against him so he cant
do anything, heh.
I understand what you mean about telling people about the
situation..it would be better to let the sleeping dogs lie, right?
Is that the right saying?..hehe.

sure..but if something happened to me..like an argument or whatever and I vent to one or two people but they tell others and other tell others. Then it ends up looking like I was the one going around telling everyone about the situation.

For this one situation about the guy, yes, I told too many people. However, for other situations, I told no more than two people and still rumors fly around. Drives me nuts!

However, I know I am not the only one it happens to.

Yeah, sometimes people twist things around something awful
too...like for example one time i was telling this deaf woman
about this tennis girl was wearing a cute pair of tennis shorts
with laces on back of her shorts (bit unusual) and she told some
one else a slightly different story that i said it was a sexy black
pair of underpants that she was wearing underneath her shorts!!
whoooaaa! wait a minute..i never said that!! I cant believe she
would make up a different story like that..I was mortified!
Did that ever happen to you??

Yeah, sometimes people twist things around something awful
too...like for example one time i was telling this deaf woman
about this tennis girl was wearing a cute pair of tennis shorts
with laces on back of her shorts (bit unusual) and she told some
one else a slightly different story that i said it was a sexy black
pair of underpants that she was wearing underneath her shorts!!
whoooaaa! wait a minute..i never said that!! I cant believe she
would make up a different story like that..I was mortified!
Did that ever happen to you??

Oh my gosh!!!!!

Yep something like that has happened to me. I am trying to remember the exact details but I went to California for the NSAD (National Softball Association for the Deaf) 2 or 3 years ago with another teammate who happened to be a coworker as well. Someone asked me how the trip was. I said it was good but was difficult for me to sleep cuz she tossed and turned often in bed. The term "in bed" was taken so out of context and rumors flew around that we "slept together." Well, all the softball teams only had 2 or 3 rooms each so the players shared the rooms and beds too. Oh man...talk about taking things waaaaayyyy out of context!

It's just a question about this topic.

Well, I've met some Ddeaf/Hhoh
who says, "Ddeaf/Hhoh world easy gossip" because of small world?.

Some bad gossip some good gossip. bad habit gossip?
Is it okay to gossip bad things about people?

I don't mean to offend anyone who see this.

Why gossip?.

Everyone has good points in terms of why individuals gossip, boredom, nothing interesting going on in one's lives, etc, etc.

the other thing I have noticed in the Deaf/Hoh communities is that information from the Hearing community is limited due to lack of interpreters or lack of captioning as well as language barriers that has been imposed on us.

Sometimes what we see doesn't match what we "hear". An example: I meet a hearing person who is telling me that he/she is having a wonderful day and yet their body language does not convey the message. I take that information and share it with other deaf people who may need the same information.

Makes sense?

I hope so because I don't know how else to explain it! :giggle:

Oh my gosh!!!!!

Yep something like that has happened to me. I am trying to remember the exact details but I went to California for the NSAD (National Softball Association for the Deaf) 2 or 3 years ago with another teammate who happened to be a coworker as well. Someone asked me how the trip was. I said it was good but was difficult for me to sleep cuz she tossed and turned often in bed. The term "in bed" was taken so out of context and rumors flew around that we "slept together." Well, all the softball teams only had 2 or 3 rooms each so the players shared the rooms and beds too. Oh man...talk about taking things waaaaayyyy out of context!

Oh mercy!! that was a terrible g o s s i p! lol! thats what i mean..
i cant believe people would change or twist the story around something
awful like that..i was so upset that i refuse to visit these deaf people
for a long time..i was that paranoid! geez.

Oh mercy!! that was a terrible g o s s i p! lol! thats what i mean..
i cant believe people would change or twist the story around something
awful like that..i was so upset that i refuse to visit these deaf people
for a long time..i was that paranoid! geez.

Actually, I thought it was hilarous and I even played along with it saying that it was such a wonderful time with her. LOL!

I am the kind of person who rarely takes anything seriously and love to poke fun at myself. Life is too short to worry about a lot of things.

I worry about my quality of teaching, bills, my family, and my close friends. Anything else, I am not anal about.

Yea, people twist things around..or maybe added things they thought they heard but didnt realize it?

Actually, I thought it was hilarous and I even played along with it saying that it was such a wonderful time with her. LOL!

I am the kind of person who rarely takes anything seriously and love to poke fun at myself. Life is too short to worry about a lot of things.

I worry about my quality of teaching, bills, my family, and my close friends. Anything else, I am not anal about.

Yea, people twist things around..or maybe added things they thought they heard but didnt realize it?

Haha..you are right..but when this story came back to me, this lady
accused me of being nasty person to begin with! i was shocked. oh well.
That was a long time ago and i have learned a lot so im not so sensitive
anymore, hehe.
You are right, life is too short so we should enjoy life as much as we can!

Everyone has good points in terms of why individuals gossip, boredom, nothing interesting going on in one's lives, etc, etc.

the other thing I have noticed in the Deaf/Hoh communities is that information from the Hearing community is limited due to lack of interpreters or lack of captioning as well as language barriers that has been imposed on us.

Sometimes what we see doesn't match what we "hear". An example: I meet a hearing person who is telling me that he/she is having a wonderful day and yet their body language does not convey the message. I take that information and share it with other deaf people who may need the same information.

Makes sense?

I hope so because I don't know how else to explain it! :giggle:

well, i would say both Ddeaf/Hhoh and hearing too. that's common. especially here in california (oh, boy!) there's nothing i can do about it. all i have to do is like uhh, excuse me, i have to go bye. i just don't want to get in trouble. unless if a person who was concern about the safety or something really happens like if someone was abused or robbed but not like someone want to talk sh*t about other people
BLAH BLAH you know gossip. :gossip:

you know what? i just don't want someone who's a drama queen (either girls or straight guys or gay guys or lesbo).

would it be a better world?

You called that one right!

what if you only spread good gossip?

Is it possible for insecure people to do that?

I think it is partly a matter of how much you like yourself and what you are doing to better the world.??? If you don't like you, then you won't like anyone else,, thus, you will spread malicious gossip... and ya know,, half of the time,, gossip is done in the name of the Lord.... OH GOD<<< BLESS SO AND SO<< BECAUSE THEY ARE CAUGHT UP IN Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gossip takes on many forms. The truth is,, What is in your heart,, helping or hurting?? it is YOUR words that give life or death,, or just pain..........

SELF CONTROL!

well, i would say both Ddeaf/Hhoh and hearing too. that's common. especially here in california (oh, boy!) there's nothing i can do about it. all i have to do is like uhh, excuse me, i have to go bye. i just don't want to get in trouble. unless if a person who was concern about the safety or something really happens like if someone was abused or robbed but not like someone want to talk sh*t about other people
BLAH BLAH you know gossip. :gossip:

you know what? i just don't want someone who's a drama queen (either girls or straight guys or gay guys or lesbo).

Thanks for voicing that opinion. The Bible says,, and you don't have to believe in the Bilbe to know that it is a true story,, but, Speak the truth in love,and you will be ok,,,, Is it LOVE that rules our tongue? or is it insecurity or greed, or the need for attention... When I hear people gossip like fools,, I think they are fools. If they are really looking for solutions, and trying their best not to harm anyone, then I solute them,, Only you know your own heart and motives.. BUT< do people think about their own motives when they hurt others? or, do they speak just to be in the spotlights?

Gossip is what makes the world revolve and that's for both, good or bad gossips. There isn't anything we can do to stop it from happening. Animals also gossip, too. Plants gossip by spreading seeds to new locations that are hundred or thousands of miles away.

I rather stick with rumors than gossip.

The problem that a lot of people have is that they turn rumors into gossip, which ends up harming others.

Shel, the way that you worry about the quality of a person you are makes you the best kind of a person. I hope that you know that the world is a better place because you are in it. Your kids will make your hair go gray, because that is what kids do. YOu can't fix everything in life for your kids, and they will never grow to do everything that you know that they know they should do,, but ya know,, the seeds that you plant,, every where you go......... they will grow --- much bigger than you ever dreamed. When you think that nobody notices,, you will one day be surprised to hear them repeat the widom that you taught them by example. It is true.
And I honestly, before God and the angels, believe that you are one of those blessings, like Joan of Arc, that will live on until time as we know it vanishes. You will live in the actions and feelings of others. Why? Because you endured the pain, and now you are a soldier against it. So, don't quit worrying if you are the best teacher,, go ahead and worry,, that is what will keep you the best,, But inside, just know,,, that you are a blessing among blessings. You will have a legacy of LOVE,, and that is the very best legacy. Actually, the Bible says that the greatest of all gifts is the ability to love, and when you teach, and you worry over your students... You are the best of treasures in the education world, and in the world in general. I am so sorry that you had to cry tears into your pillow at night as a kid, but, that is what makes you so special now.
Thank you for all of the heart that you put into all that you do. You Rock!

Everybody like you decide to gossip about the president of US. tsk tsk.

Gossip is what makes the world revolve and that's for both, good or bad gossips. There isn't anything we can do to stop it from happening. Animals also gossip, too. Plants gossip by spreading seeds to new locations that are hundred or thousands of miles away.

LOL! thats funny!! animals and plants gossip?? hahaha..good one!!
:giggle:

Back