dictionary is your best friend! ;)

Main Entry:
1ag·nos·tic Listen to the pronunciation of 1agnostic
Pronunciation:
\ag-ˈnäs-tik, əg-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Greek agnōstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnōstos known, from gignōskein to know — more at know
Date:

1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god2: a person unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>
— ag·nos·ti·cism Listen to the pronunciation of agnosticism \-tə-ˌsi-zəm\ noun

this copy and paste from Link: Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary

Yeah, that's what I said. Maybe yes, maybe no. Not committed to either believing in the existence (maybe yes) or the nonexistence (maybe no)...

I'm agnositic. I do believe in God, but I don't believe in prophets and a bible. I grew up in a non-religious and liberal family.

How do you know God then if not believing the bible?

Not all religion are depending on the Bible.

I'm not speaking of Religion, I was talking about God, knowing God you would have to know the bible, without the bible You don't know God. It's the truth. :)

I'm not speaking of Religion, I was talking about God, knowing God you would have to know the bible, without the bible You don't know God. It's the truth. :)

Some people think SUN is their God, and it is definitely not from the bible. ;)

For example; Zeus, Thor, Poseidon, among others.

Some people think SUN is their God, and it is definitely not from the bible. ;)

For example; Zeus, Thor, Poseidon, among others.

Sun? :confused: but others worshiping different gods and goddesses.

This is the first time I ever heard of this.

Ever heard of Apollo, God of the Sun? That's what the Greeks used to believe in Apollo about 2,500 years ago around Alexander The Great's era. heh

Ever heard of Apollo, God of the Sun? That's what the Greeks used to believe in Apollo about 2,500 years ago around Alexander The Great's era. heh

Seattle.guy stated he believes in "God' there is only one God. And if he is speaking of Apollo God of the Sun, that practices under "gods".

I actuualy never feel doubt Gods existence or not. I just believe God is in person is EXISTANCE! I never put my words that doubt if God's existence or not.

atheist and agnoistic are same meaning. please correct me if I am wrong, :)

XBGMER, Jillo gave you a correct answer - "No, an atheist and an agnostic are two different things. An atheist says "God does not exist." and an agnostic says, "Maybe God does exist, maybe he doesn't. I just haven't seen any evidence to support that he does."

Yes, that´s exact what you provided the dictionary. Let me to provide my favorite dictonary.

Definition:

agnostic

1. somebody denying God's existence is provable: somebody who believes that it is impossible to know whether or not God exists

2. somebody denying something is knowable: somebody who doubts that a question has one correct answer or that something can be completely understood
I'm an agnostic concerning space aliens.

agnostic definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

atheist

Definition:

unbeliever in God or deities: somebody who does not believe in God or deities

atheist definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

Is atheist and agnostic same thing? My answer is No.

I doubt God´s existence and then next day I beleive God´s existence. Sometimes I say :dunno: It doesn´t mean that I deny God´s existence. I am still look both sides between Evolution and Creatisum. I accept my knowledge that I am an agnostic because I beleive in Reality.

As you said that you beleive God as person, not heaven which mean is you are an agnostic.

If you said that you NEVER beleive God and know for the sure that there´re NO God which mean is you are an atheist.

This is the first time I ever heard of this.

Yes, Greek beleive in Apollo-God of the Sun.

Apollo, god of the Sun

Apollo

I went Greece and different Greek islands for holiday before and learn their belief and their background cultural. It´s interesting to see different form of statues, they worship to, like link what I provided here.

Yes I remember those history.

Seattle.guy stated he believes in "God' there is only one God. And if he is speaking of Apollo God of the Sun, that practices under "gods".

I was teachin' the little history lesson to Angel if she ever heard of Apollo, Sun of the God, that's it.

Well, in the ancient Greeks or Egyptians, expect the Jews at that time, doesn't think their gods were practices until by the time, Jesus H. Christ birth to taught and healed the people. Well, you get the picture.

Yes, like what I explained in my thread "Does religion really matter?" that they choose different beliefs what they feel comfortable with and also different mentality and cultural background where they were raised to beleive like this.

I cannot say they are wrong but it´s their belief.

That´s why I doubt God´s existence because I don´t know which is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back