Why do kids make fun?

saraastein

Reaction score
Okay... I wasnt sure where to put this... but at school lately this seniors have been making fun of me because the majority of my friends are deaf? They always tell me why do you hang out with them? Do they talk like retards? Do they do this... do they that. Every now and then someone will come up to me and yell in my face and I look at them awkwardly and they say oh I just wanted to make sure you hadnt caught being deaf yet. Whats up with these people. Are they immature? I never say anything I just walk away. How do you guys deal with people like this???

Okay... I wasnt sure where to put this... but at school lately this seniors have been making fun of me because the majority of my friends are deaf? They always tell me why do you hang out with them? Do they talk like retards? Do they do this... do they that. Every now and then someone will come up to me and yell in my face and I look at them awkwardly and they say oh I just wanted to make sure you hadnt caught being deaf yet. Whats up with these people. Are they immature? I never say anything I just walk away. How do you guys deal with people like this???

You need to report them to the school. It is only way to get them to stop,trust me.

That happens at all schools...but in your case, this seems to be the extreme, so yes, I would report it ASAP....

I had to deal with stuff like that ... and much worse. How I dealt with it is kept it inside for a long time. It isn't just kids that do this.

Next time someone yells in your face, yell in their face. You got to put on the craziest bad ass expression you can muster so that they will pee their pants.

Thanks guys. Usually I can just push through it because I can understand they are just uneducated about deaf culture. But sometimes it just blows me away what people say.

Do you think your school officials would take action by educating the entire school about the deaf? That way there will be less bullying?

if reporting it doesn't work - remember, knees and elbows. Using them right effectively puts a stop to bullying.

I'm not sure. But its the start of the school year so I have a whole year to set these people straight!

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Talk to your counselar at school about it. Report any incidents to the principal. If there's bullying, the adults are not doing their job, which is to keep kids in line and maintain a safe environment. Some kids are just jerks.

Last edited:
I had to deal with stuff like that ... and much worse. How I dealt with it is kept it inside for a long time. It isn't just kids that do this.

Next time someone yells in your face, yell in their face. You got to put on the craziest bad ass expression you can muster so that they will pee their pants.

if reporting it doesn't work - remember, knees and elbows. Using them right effectively puts a stop to bullying.

that explains about you...

I'm not sure. But its the start of the school year so I have a whole year to set these people straight!

have you told any school officials about this such as Principal?

Throw a HOT COFFEE on this kid's ear, and he/she become deaf and have no friends now. :lol:

They do it to make themselves feel superior. That's why they make fun. If it get worse than the occasional stupid remark, talk to someone at school.

that explains about you...

Some people live in a reality where telling an official will put an end to bullying. Others live in a reality where telling an official will not end bullying.

Would you suggest just accepting bullying in a reality where nothing is done?

Some people live in a reality where telling an official will put an end to bullying. Others live in a reality where telling an official will not end bullying.

Would you suggest just accepting bullying in a reality where nothing is done?

the reality is.... knees and elbows... that's a ground for expulsion and/or a trip to family court because you have assaulted/injured an individual.

the reality is.... knees and elbows... that's a ground for expulsion and/or a trip to family court because you have assaulted/injured an individual.

Not if used in self defense from bullies.

ask me how I know ....

here is a random article about it:

http://www.selfdefenseresource.com/children/articles/bullies.php

4. Teach them to fight back if attacked physically – Teach your children that it is always right for them to defend themselves. If another child attacks them physically, they should defend themselves by fighting back. If they have friends around, their friends should get involved to help defend them. Their physical response should be proportional to what was done to them. Once the bully has backed down, they should stop.

and another:

http://www.kidpower.org/resources/articles/prevent-bullying.html

8. Using Physical Self-Defense as a Last Resort

Children need to know when they have the right to hurt someone to stop that person from hurting them. At Kidpower, we teach that fighting is a last resort - when you are about to be harmed and you cannot leave or get help.

However, bullying problems are often not as clear-cut as other personal safety issues. Families have different rules about where they draw the line. Schools will often punish a child who fights back unless parents warn the school in writing ahead of time that, since the school has not protected their children, they will back their children up if they have to fight.

Learning physical self defense helps most children become more confident, even if they never have to use these skills in a real-life situation. Just being more confident helps children to avoid being chosen as a victim most of the time. There are different self defense techniques for bullying than for more dangerous situations -- let your child practice a self defense move like kicking someone in the shins, pinching someone's leg or upper arm, or hitting someone in the chest. You can practice in the air or by holding a sofa cushion. Consider sending your child to a class like Kidpower.

Not if used in self defense from bullies.

ask me how I know ....

here is a random article about it:

Dealing With Bullies

and another:

Face Bullying With Confidence : Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower : Personal Safety and Self-Defense

aw you make it sounds so simple. I guess that's your "reality" which is unfortunately misguided and criminal. well then - good luck and I pray that kids don't take your advice.

from your link -
8. Using Physical Self-Defense as a Last Resort
Children need to know when they have the right to hurt someone to stop that person from hurting them. At Kidpower, we teach that fighting is a last resort - when you are about to be harmed and you cannot leave or get help.

However, bullying problems are often not as clear-cut as other personal safety issues. Families have different rules about where they draw the line. Schools will often punish a child who fights back unless parents warn the school in writing ahead of time that, since the school has not protected their children, they will back their children up if they have to fight.

btw.... what you just showed me is not "random articles".... it's just some How-To-Kick-Some-Ass manual guide by some misguided parents.

This is REALITY

Bullied Girl May Get A Marked Record For Fighting Back « CBS Minnesota

When Bullied Kids Defend Themselves, Why Do Schools Punish Them? - True Crime Report

VIDEO: Boy body-slams his alleged bully - CBS News

Back