Why did you learn sign language?

HH..deaf in one ear- nerve deafness. So I believe I can hear enough to be an interpreter..or atleast I hope so.. I do pretty well, people just need to not mumble and I have to pay attention lol

Thats cool, Im profoundly deaf and cant hear a thing, but people have told me that its still possible for me to interpret as there is a three way interpretting system that I can do, or I can interpret things on the tv..

Oh wow, that's so awesome! I wish you the best of luck in that!! :) And youre right, I don't see any reason why you shouldnt be able to.

Raging Quiet said:
Thats cool, Im profoundly deaf and cant hear a thing, but people have told me that its still possible for me to interpret as there is a three way interpretting system that I can do, or I can interpret things on the tv..

I believe you're refering to CDI's (Certified Deaf Interpreters). I have no knowledge of their job. Does anyone have any information on this practice? I'm really interested in learning more about it.

cental34 said:
I believe you're refering to CDI's (Certified Deaf Interpreters). I have no knowledge of their job. Does anyone have any information on this practice? I'm really interested in learning more about it.
i believe some CDI interprt for the blind and deaf ppl. or.. transulate SEE to ASL for those who can't bear SEE or ASL.. i think there's few other... i've seen several of them around the globe.

AestasCaelum said:
HH..deaf in one ear- nerve deafness. So I believe I can hear enough to be an interpreter..or atleast I hope so.. I do pretty well, people just need to not mumble and I have to pay attention lol

one of my daughters interpreters is hoh, and she comes from a deaf family

Back