Why can't we have Deaf Ed like this in the US?

Totally agree with your both, Post from Hell and Jillio. English and ASL should never be used at the same time. Never.

Dose anyone know how hard it is to learn English and Sign at the same time..? WHY WOULD YOU SUBJECT CHILDREN TO THAT NONSENCE!!! Why can't they be taught sign and leave it at that. There going to learn written English anyways.

Dose anyone know how hard it is to learn English and Sign at the same time..? WHY WOULD YOU SUBJECT CHILDREN TO THAT NONSENCE!!! Why can't they be taught sign and leave it at that. There going to learn written English anyways.

Apparently you didn't... Why so mad when you just got here??

You deaf?

Picture this a ESE teacher gets handed an IEP 'SLD-English' or 'EMH- self contained' not getting the proper diagnosis because nobody bothered to do a (proper) hearing test...

(the first sets of test I could see the tester use the buttons - or expression waiting for me to do something... so I did)

I remember cheating at the hearing test at school... I also remember having to repeat the test for failing it...

(I'm a hearie...)

Mom taught ESE for almost 30 years, she 'fixed' (taught me how to cope for all of my school issues throughout my education (Adhd/aspergers/whatever - later vision) .

Back