Why buy DVDs?

inochi

Reaction score
Question for everyone:

Why do you keep on buying DVDs when you will watch it a few times in your life-time and there will be much more movies coming out in our lifetime as well?

I'm thinking about these people who has over 400 movies in their collections and they keep on buying more. Isn't it a waste of space, sitting there waiting for the owners to plunk them out of the never ending collection just to watch it a few times in their lives? I see people will have the urge to "must have the DVD" frenzy and buy them. Just wonder why would anyone do it?

There are some DVDs that are not available for rent, so people buy them instead.

There are also some DVDs that people watch more than renting them.

A typical DVD rental costs $4 plus tax. A typical DVD costs $15 to $20. Watch a DVD more than 4 or 5 times then you're better off buying it. :)

Rental: $23.99/month for around 18 dvd movies.

Buy Dvd: $15(dvd) x 18 (number of dvd) = $270 each months plus waste of gas to drive for buy. :rockon:

Rental: $23.99/month for around 18 dvd movies.

Buy Dvd: $15(dvd) x 18 (number of dvd) = $270 each months plus waste of gas to drive for buy. :rockon:
Well, I don't buy 18 DVDs every month. I don't buy every single DVD that comes out.

I only buy DVDs that I plan on watching multiple times or when they're cheap.

I rented The Ruins because I don't want to own it.

I normally rent 30 to 40 DVDs a month. :)

Just wonder how many dvds do you own?

*why use invisible mode hide from your big brother?*

I own over 500 DVDs.

Yeah, I know... it's a lot. A lot of them are television shows that I usually watch over and over. I also usually get them on sale for $20 each. So, that's like $4 a DVD. If I can buy them for the same price as I pay to rent them, then I might as well buy them. I also have a lot of anime that they don't rent in stores either. :)

Back