Why are zombies/stories so popular?????

I think it's got something to do with the fact that, as the number one species on the food chain, we have to be in control. I think that we're driven to be in control, and the idea of a zombie apocalypse is scary, because we won't have any control. Just a thought.

:laugh2:...Love this thread...especially the weapons....:giggle:I like the Walking Dead simply because it's an escape from reality....and keeps me away from cemeteries and funerals...:giggle:...Seen Dawn of the Dead...Walking Dead...and Night of the Living Dead....:shock:

And it gave me an excuse not to open my door on Halloween...too scared there might be a Zombie knocking on the door....

D04FDD3A-621B-42D6-8916-76EA184FD5B2-94-00000005376EBA42.jpg

I don't think they would be that popular if there's no The Walking Dead. PersonalIy I love zombies! I've been a fan of zombies long before the show. I don't know about other people but I'll tell you why I love them. For starter, I love any kind of apocalypse because I am always interested in knowing what happen to the world after that and what humans need to do in order to survive. My favorite type of apocalypse is zombies (or specific infected people for that matter) simply because of nonstop actions. Humans have to be very cautious at pretty much all times when they search for food or water or shelter and even eating or sleeping or go to the bathroom. Zombies get in their way of survival and that makes the situation much harder. I suppose that's the main reason why I like it or maybe it's because I love splatter films and usually many zombie movies have tons of gore and blood in it.

I'm so bored of zombies. Vampires have been made into sparkly emos and so what are we left with?

Ghosts! I've always thought ghost movies are much creepier than zombie ones. Stuff like The Ring, The Grudge, Paranormal Activity, etc.

how about mass-frankenstein from secret military project bent on robbing graving using fake government-funded research on cancer research for 'cell decay'as a means to steal bodes for making more soliders...then something went horribly wrong...

Not really far enough removed from zombies, it's still the dead being reanimated. Plus you think of what the movie would be like, the army pouring hundreds of rounds into the Frankensoldier and it just won't die! That bugs me too, even if you will ignore the damage eventually all those bullet impacts will chip away enough chunks of your body that you'll disintegrate!

Not really far enough removed from zombies, it's still the dead being reanimated. Plus you think of what the movie would be like, the army pouring hundreds of rounds into the Frankensoldier and it just won't die! That bugs me too, even if you will ignore the damage eventually all those bullet impacts will chip away enough chunks of your body that you'll disintegrate!

:laugh2::laugh2:

yea I know right?

just mount a .50 cal and mow'em down!

I look forward to this zombie movie "Warm bodies" on Feb 1st, 2013 (in case if 12/21/12 is not happening). That movie must be interesting to watch;

[yt]gGRHrr6IYdg[/yt]

Move to Hawaii.
Zombies can't swim, drive plane, boat, and car.
Ever think that maybe during the first week of outbreak, one person got bitten right before they get on a plane to Hawaii? Ever see the remake of Dawn of the Dead's ending, zombies somehow got spread on an island. And in Land of the Dead, the zombies arrive to a city by going into a river, I think.

I look forward to this zombie movie "Warm bodies" on Feb 1st, 2013 (in case if 12/21/12 is not happening). That movie must be interesting to watch;

[yt]gGRHrr6IYdg[/yt]

In the beginning of the trailer, it reminds me of a comedy movie about a group of friends who weren't aware of a fact that they are zombies. I mean, look at what the guard did with a metal detector in his hand and the "groaning" conversation between the main character and a bald guy. I'm not sure if they were groaning, but they definitely make noise at each other as if they were talking.

Well, we do have zombies in our facility... here's the pix below:
1st pix: Entering this room is at your own risk, we are still working on getting rid of them.

2nd pix: This is our high classified Zombie Research Center and can't say much about it.

3rd pix: Is a secure fallout shelter if we are overcome with zombie attack

4th pix: while we have meeting we always bring weapons and lay it out on the table so anyone can grab it in the event of attack.

Yes, zombie is a serious threat to our human life!

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 6
yea I know right?

just mount a .50 cal and mow'em down!

Maybe I'm just bitter playing too many video games with bullet sponge enemies. As the Heavy (TF2) says, I've yet to see meet (an enemy) who can outsmart a bullet.

That was the one good thing in 28 Days Later (spoilerz)

The infected were still subject to basic biological needs, and starved to death (though surely they'd have died of dehydration even faster)

Which to me means the zombies would only last long until they rotted enough that they just fell apart.

Plus, as Cracked points out: suppose they do kill and eat everyone. Now what?

(But) no one has ever finished a zombie story. This is potentially due to the fact that it would be a curious mix of horribly uninteresting and horribly depressing if it did happen, but it's still a worthy thing to wonder about. Hell, George Romero has spanned four movies (more if you count things like Diary of the Dead, which you shouldn't) and decades of time and still hasn't gotten to the logical conclusion of all zombie fiction -- the end of humanity. If zombies kill everyone, then what happens?

Land of the Dead was just ridiculous, and the best it could offer up was walled-up cities and the decrepit countryside full of undead people in costumes and one ridiculously crafty zombie gas station attendant. But if there was a World of the Dead to follow it up, would it literally just be zombies standing there? Is that the end result of the zombie apocalypse? That's the worst end of the world ever -- a planet of guys loitering around drooling black stuff on themselves and occasionally moaning at the breeze.

Well, we do have zombies in our facility... here's the pix below:
1st pix: Entering this room is at your own risk, we are still working on getting rid of them.

2nd pix: This is our high classified Zombie Research Center and can't say much about it.

3rd pix: Is a secure fallout shelter if we are overcome with zombie attack

4th pix: while we have meeting we always bring weapons and lay it out on the table so anyone can grab it in the event of attack.

Yes, zombie is a serious threat to our human life!

Nice nerfs!

Smile, we all are crazy geeks with nerfs war

cutie! My both kids (tomboy girl and boy) have tons of nerf all over in the house. this morning i picked up the dry clothes from the dryer. I put it on my shrit top and didnt realize that the bullet was stuck on my shirt. :roll: damn velcro bullet!

Hope not tomorrow the ghost peeps would become zombies as they show up in reality. :ugh3:

Back