Why Am I being Told there no new comments where there are?

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I keep getting this message "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read" and in fact people have posted comments since I been on.

When I checked a couple of threads out today there are comments posted for today yet I was told there was none. Does this mean there is something wrong with my computer or is it the web site??

I want to fix my title , I meant to type 'Why Am I being Told there are no new comments when there are?'
can you correct a title after is been posted?? If yes, how do you do it??

Your computer should be working fine. This is a known vbulletin issue with the "New Posts" feature. What happens is if you do any of the following:

- "Mark all forums as read"
- Visited the thread and missed the comment,
- Or are browsing in multiple tabs,
- Have high cookie security settings

your "New Posts" feature might not work correctly as intended and you may see the thread has been marked as read when you actually haven't read the new comments yourself. A better way past this is the "Today's Posts" feature, which you can find under "Quick Links" -> "Today's posts" and this option will show you all threads that have been posted in without hiding any of them.

To edit your thread title, you have a certain amount of time before the title can be edited. I believe it is 30 minutes or 1 hour from the time you post the thread, then your option to edit it expires.

You have to click
edit.gif
and click the "Go Advanced" and your thread will show up. If the time has expired, this option will no longer be available for you and you will have to ask someone on the team for help.

I have moved this to How to use the Forum for benefits towards other AD'ers who may have the same questions in the future.

Your computer should be working fine. This is a known vbulletin issue with the "New Posts" feature. What happens is if you do any of the following:

- "Mark all forums as read"
- Visited the thread and missed the comment,
- Or are browsing in multiple tabs,
- Have high cookie security settings

your "New Posts" feature might not work correctly as intended and you may see the thread has been marked as read when you actually haven't read the new comments yourself. A better way past this is the "Today's Posts" feature, which you can find under "Quick Links" -> "Today's posts" and this option will show you all threads that have been posted in without hiding any of them.

To edit your thread title, you have a certain amount of time before the title can be edited. I believe it is 30 minutes or 1 hour from the time you post the thread, then your option to edit it expires.

You have to click
edit.gif
and click the "Go Advanced" and your thread will show up. If the time has expired, this option will no longer be available for you and you will have to ask someone on the team for help.

I have moved this to How to use the Forum for benefits towards other AD'ers who may have the same questions in the future.

Thanks ! I did not know you had to wait to edit your thread title. I will have to remember this .

Back