Why am I becoming so bitter ..

My little duaghter loves yo sign with me.its the boys.there still young. 13 james 11,Andrew ,savior is 7 year.
mma fighter right ...sounds cool..

Face it ... You are biter because you can't HEAR! I feel bitter. What did I ever do to deserve this dreaded curse? I have had people make fun of me when I misinterpret. NOT a good feeling! Just have to learn to live with it, I guess. I, too, often feel left out.

Cutie 2 , right i am bitter i guess its not the end I my World ,I wont BE around people dont care.about how feel. Yup I just need yo move on and deal.I met this nice guy he loves sign with me full deaf. And is patient with me .when I need him repeat or use different sign.with dame meaning sometimes need that.anyway right I just dont mád at the World.I dont like people like that.nasty rude bitter.

I guess you have to have your children start early when they are little. I started my son when he was a toddler. I taught him to sign and he was pretty good. Then when he became a pre-teen kid, he refused to sign with me in public like fast food places. He was embarrassed about people looking at him and maybe made comments about us. I did not know about why he refused to sign back then. Now I understand why he did and he was not the only kid who got embarrassed about people staring at us.

My son is a CODA which mean he is hearing Child Of Deaf Adult. Years later when he was fully adult (we live apart as he is now living in state of Washington and I am here in Canada), he can sign in public and not worry about people staring at us when I came to visit him (that was in Albuquerque, New Mexico before he moved to State of Washington). We signed a lot and feel real comfortable. I was very happy that he can sign in public. Cool. So maybe your children will take time to learn how to sign later. I don't know. I am sorry that you are bitter because your family members refuse to sign with you. My own family like my mother, my father and my sister don't sign with me and I had tried to tell them I can teach them how to sign. But no, they said that I can talk and preferred having me use oral than signing. So I was mad at them for this. They are audists in my own family. Geeze :mad:

Now you have a friend who can sign with you. So that is good. :)

Im vegan trying tale less meds my vision,as been steadlygetting worse.for three years now...I am considered legally blind . But I say low vision .im real not ready to say deaf/ blind yet. Because I still have some. usable sight left .all I need is patient people .

Now happy I have a friend that I really like.he is so awsome.so my kids will know deaf culture ,and learn to respect it.

Im vegan trying tale less meds my vision,as been steadlygetting worse.for three years now...I am considered legally blind . But I say low vision .im real not ready to say deaf/ blind yet. Because I still have some. usable sight left .all I need is patient people .

Wonder if you try to check the helen keller center in nyc i think its in bronx?? If they cant help you but im sure they will give you some tips something?

Wonder if you try to check the helen keller center in nyc i think its in bronx?? If they cant help you but im sure they will give you some tips something?

No, Helen Keller Center is in Sandy Point, Long Island NY. I think Vorsia needs to go there and learn how to do daily functioning before her vision gets worse.

No, Helen Keller Center is in Sandy Point, Long Island NY. I think Vorsia needs to go there and learn how to do daily functioning before her vision gets worse.

Thank you. I thought more than one center. Alright. My childhood friend wouldnt admits that she had vision problem for years. One day she decided to attend there in LI when she was around 25. She realizes how tremdenous benefit for her to learn how to be independence and receives better equipments and so. She is really glad that she went there. She told me that she wishes she could stay there longer. I thought maybe youd like to visit there and see if you can dois to visit day to day or not.

Well yeah frisky,I'm going march 14 for evaluation ..and mobility training.I can't stay there I have kids.but I'm going to sands point they will pick me up..I have see low vision doctor ..aids don't work so they are not going to concentrate on hearing I do wear an aid though ..for hearing cars sirens..and smoke detectors maybe my kids if there next to me.but no speech ...at all..so hearing aids are not really my thing I'm a lipreader..

I feel like my world sucks sometimes .. My kids don't want sign with me ,I'm getting angry and mad a lot of time my vision is bad .. I just feel my world I once new is not so pretty anymore..I feel a lone people say they love me , but when it comes to communication they don't sign or just act like I'm not there .. Not my kids can't cut them off.. But the rest of my family I will if they don't sign..just venting ..

That sucks. I hope things get better for you and that your kids will learn to sign or are willing to sign. Can you see good enough to see sign or do you use tactile sign? Just curious.

For the most part ,I can see good enough to sign.modifide .like abbreviations of sign I always some up what I want to say. Really no side vision.so people to infront of me..that's what I mean by when said ,blind spots..so something like tunnel vision..and pure blurryness..signing is tireing ,but that's what I have to do ..I do talk but when u cant hear what's the piont .I feel andwhen u can see .most deaf just don't have time ,they say like learn tactile .but I feel like if u already know some sign why learn tactile..I just communicate best I can.what ever fits the moment.

For the most part ,I can see good enough to sign.modifide .like abbreviations of sign I always some up what I want to say. Really no side vision.so people to infront of me..that's what I mean by when said ,blind spots..so something like tunnel vision..and pure blurryness..signing is tireing ,but that's what I have to do ..I do talk but when u cant hear what's the piont .I feel andwhen u can see .most deaf just don't have time ,they say like learn tactile .but I feel like if u already know some sign why learn tactile..I just communicate best I can.what ever fits the moment.

Signing to a Deaf and blind person is not only time-consuming but also exhausting. The weight of your hands on mine can be very taxing. It definitely takes a whole lot of getting used to. It took me a while to get acclimated to my wife's family. At first, I was very uncomfortable talking with them but over time... I got used to it. I'm glad I did because I would have not gotten to know some of them as well as I have since. They're people that I'm honored to know and to be able to chat with. Their patience with an arrogant jerk like me... just shut me up, you know?

Sorry I haven't responded about the devices that may be able to help you yet. I'm actually waiting for my wife to get some free time so she can point me in the right direction. It's actually her who knows a LOT more than I do. I will respond. I promise.

I will continue to enlarge text size for you but did you also want me to do all-caps? I can if that's what works best for you.

I'm still learnig I feel not master it yet..I think I will

Back