Why am I becoming so bitter ..

Vorsia

Reaction score
I feel like my world sucks sometimes .. My kids don't want sign with me ,I'm getting angry and mad a lot of time my vision is bad .. I just feel my world I once new is not so pretty anymore..I feel a lone people say they love me , but when it comes to communication they don't sign or just act like I'm not there .. Not my kids can't cut them off.. But the rest of my family I will if they don't sign..just venting ..

I know what you are going through, nobody in my family signs and growing up I never really bonded with any of them. I was lucky because I could hear pretty good on one ear, but I never felt I was fully included in my immediate family's social circle. Although, I have a much better relationship with them today.

The fact is, you can't force people to learn sign for you. You need to use all tools available to communicate with people from lip reading to relay services and, yes, sign as well for those who use it.

Your kids are, after all children and they can't be expected to understand your needs as you are an adult. You should have them learn sign, but I would be careful of going voice off with them because others have tried it and it has not worked well in some cases. Just as in the real world, you need to use all means possible to communicate with your family.

We all go through this isolation to some degree or other. For the most part, the better your communication skills the less isolation you experience.

Last edited:
To make communication successful, it has to come from both parties. I have family that doesn't want to sign. A lot of people don't realise that all the work doesn't come from the deaf person, it comes from the person you are trying to communicate with as well.

To make communication successful, it has to come from both parties. I have family that doesn't want to sign. A lot of people don't realise that all the work doesn't come from the deaf person, it comes from the person you are trying to communicate with as well.

I agree. However, the level of effort expected must fit the level of effort those people will give. Having people look at you when they talk can be achieved a lot quicker than getting a three year degree in a different language.

Always, try the simplest thing first.

Do you mind if I asked what's wrong with your vision and how much sight do you have now? Rate of eyesight loss? How long has it been getting bad for?

It would help me give you advice. Most of my wife's family is Deaf and blind.

Last edited:
I know some people who have Ushers Syndrome. I don't have 1, but I feel that no one wants to talk to me.

Do you mind if I asked what's wrong with your vision and how much sight do you have now? Rate of eyesight loss? How long has it been getting bad for?

How did you change the font size? Did you write in your own HTML?

For some reason, the font size button(if it is a font size button) in the upper right doesn't work on editing text under firefox.

I use Opera and Chrome and I think it works fine on those. I know it does on Chrome as that's what I'm on now. I don't have much experience with Firefox but it sure sounds like a browser problem. Maybe there's an add on that you need to add? Hopefully someone else around here with more experience can help you.

I feel like my world sucks sometimes .. My kids don't want sign with me ,I'm getting angry and mad a lot of time my vision is bad .. I just feel my world I once new is not so pretty anymore..I feel a lone people say they love me , but when it comes to communication they don't sign or just act like I'm not there .. Not my kids can't cut them off.. But the rest of my family I will if they don't sign..just venting ..

I am so sorry about your situation. Have you ever sitting down and talk to your kids with your own feeling??

My kids are close to their teen ages and it isn't easy. I keep talking to them, and ask them " look at my face because i want to talk to you" in a soft way and concern. They know that.

Try not to give up, and keep trying and think positive as much as you can.

She has myasthenia gravis.

She has myasthenia gravis.

That is a new one for me. I've never heard of it but I have certainly seen people with droppy eyelids. It doesn't seem to affect the vision itself does it? Outside of obstructing it with the eyelids. Or is it more involved than that. (my questions only pertains to the eyes).

That is a new one for me. I've never heard of it but I have certainly seen people with droppy eyelids. It doesn't seem to affect the vision itself does it? Outside of obstructing it with the eyelids. Or is it more involved than that. (my questions only pertains to the eyes).

It causes functional blindness, and a small percentage of people with it suffer blindness.

Plus some of the medicines used to treat it can have an effect on vision.

But I am not actually certain if that causes her blindness or if it is unrelated.

It causes functional blindness, and a small percentage of people with it suffer blindness.

Plus some of the medicines used to treat it can have an effect on vision.

But I am not actually certain if that causes her blindness or if it is unrelated.

I looked back and she spelled "nysthigmus" in her VP thread. I used spell check and it took me to this... nystagmus. It seems to make more sense as she mentioned that she has blind spots as opposed to blindness.

Maybe she has both? Dunno. Will need a little more clarification from the OP on what exactly her issues are. Either way, the most I can help with is pointing in the right direction for what technology is available as those are used within my wife's family and at Westchester in Ft Worth (It's a home for the Deaf and blind. they actually relocated but I still call it that).

I just saw your post. sounds like you need a hug
:cuddle: :kiss: :cuddle:

I hope things will get better for you, and soon :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Fuzzy

I know that feeling about the kids not signing to you and you feel alone .my youngest will but oldest two are very lazy at signing . Maybe its just there ages.

I have glaucoma from pred to treat my mg,been on pred for 5 years .I have nysthigmus and double visión my visión is 20/300.everything os blurry and well let me ty,to decribe Its,like looking through merky water cant.ser face very well ..unless really close.sitting.loss of eye control yeah Its pretty hard for me Now.im trying to deal bit easy i just hope my mood changes..

Take your kids to matt "the hammer" hammil at his gym in ithaca ny. He can teach them the love os sign lang in the cage

How did you change the font size? Did you write in your own HTML?

If your using browser that opens the edit dialog box, (Its within this section of page of the page) have icons with font sizes, color, etc? I just clicked and select size, viola! it works. Seems to work in advanced mode not regular mode.

Back