Why Afraid Of Get Married With A Hearing? Why?

7Irishking7

Reaction score
:type:

Hey,

I have been wondering if anyone is being afraid to get married with a hearing woman/man. I have seen that some deaf people are divorced with hearing.

:type: Can you explain me WHY?

I have been with my hearing girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. My friends keep telling me to get married and asking me what and why am I waiting for.

If I were you. What would you to say to them?

I think me and a hearing person don't have much in common...
And plus hearing people don't understand.

So disabled people are much more loyal and more honesty.

But I would marry a hearing person with other type of disability.

But not normal hearing person.

Last edited:
actually it only depend on relationship between the lovers not what other thinks or says about between hearing and deaf. Believe me I have seen people talk about that all the time. Even some deafies refuse to marry hearing because of few reasons some think hearing abuse deaf some take advantage. LIKE i say it only DEPEND how relationship works. beside hearing/deaf divorce is not only main factor in america it has so many reasons why ended up divorce, some may be based on cheating, abuse, burn outs, no flames, whatsoever the reason proved it has to do with relationship

7Irishking7 said:

Hey,

I have been wondering if anyone is being afraid to get married with a hearing woman/man. I have seen that some deaf people are divorced with hearing.

I have been with my hearing girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. My friends keep telling me to get married and asking me what and why am I waiting for.

I'm hearing, been with my wife for six years, she's deaf. Like any marriage you have your ups and downs, communication issues etc. This is my second marriage. My first was to a hearing woman..We simply wern't as compatible as we had thought we would be..got divorced.

I guess in a nutshell what I am saying is as long as you love the other person and work through all the issues that come with any marriage hearing or not I don't see any difference.

I have seen it where people fail to work towards the real reason why they are having marital problems and they will blame the most obvious and conveinant thing..in some cases it's a difference in race, religion, or hearing.

So what would I say to the people who are asking why you aren't married yet? I'd say I'm like any other guy and want to put off commitment for as long as possible..lol

7Irishking7 said:
There is nothing to afraid of. I currently am in relationship with hearing gal. But we are not ready for marriage, it is only one year of relationship.

coffeeeeman nailed it with his comment: So what would I say to the people who are asking why you aren't married yet? I'd say I'm like any other guy and want to put off commitment for as long as possible..lol

Hello coffeeeeman and welcome back, I presume?

And plus hearing people don't understand.
What don't we understand? Deaf people sometimes don't understand hearies. But, that is all a part of learning.

So disabled people are much more loyal and more honesty.
I thought the word "disabled" was a big nono in Deaf culture?? :nono:

But not normal hearing person.
What is normal???

There's really nothing to be scare about when it comes to married a hearing person, I was married to a hearing man for 15 years which now I'm divorce and I have my reason....

I have no idea why I'm afraid of married to hearing.. I guess that's becuz I'm not hearing. I have been grown up with deaf all times but my preference is to get married w/ hoh becuz I am not exactly like deaf.

Well, I ain't afraid marrying to a hearing guy. BUT I am afraid to getting marry again! I used to date hearing guys before and I have seen myself and I know some hearing guy are doing wonderful and some are not.. Likly on the phone a hearing guy would say something since I can't hear . But important is trust eachother then no worry.. I , myself not consider marry to a hearing guy until later.... BUT BUT as I said I afraid getting marry whoever again. HA! But as I know I will marry again one day and I know who I want. grinning.. * In my mind say NONONO*

Married to hearing is nothing do with "scary".

Why should anyone be scare to marry hearing when they are in love in first place? :confused:

I had been dated few of hearing guys but I rather to have deaf because it's easy to have communicate and know deaf cultures/world.

How do you communication in the bed?

Sometime hearing people ask silly question. "Do all deaf people have a sex with someone?" I was kinda ugh with my facial expression.. I said, "Oh yes, you better believe it". "Look at yourself and where did you coming from?". She was blushing and said "Oh mom".

I said "It makes no difference between Deaf and Hearing people as well as we all are human being and have our needs"

I would rather the darker or dim instead of light on ! I am afraid, he will have his heart attack to see me in naked. I look like Mrs. Doubtfire. :o Of course, I keep shave my arms and legs to prevent growing like cactus ! :shock:

During make love at darker is beautiful ! Touch on skin is more thrilled than light on.

We used fingerspelling and a little TSL as practice. I find it is very difficult but good challenge each other. It was fun in ASL communication at darker.

Sabrina said:
Sometime hearing people ask silly question. "Do all deaf people have a sex with someone?" I was kinda ugh with my facial expression.. I said, "Oh yes, you better believe it". "Look at yourself and where did you coming from?". She was blushing and said "Oh mom".

I said "It makes no difference between Deaf and Hearing people as well as we all are human being and have our needs"

I would rather the darker or dim instead of light on ! I am afraid, he will have his heart attack to see me in naked. I look like Mrs. Doubtfire. :o Of course, I keep shave my arms and legs to prevent growing like cactus ! :shock:

During make love at darker is beautiful ! Touch on skin is more thrilled than light on.

We used fingerspelling and a little TSL as practice. I find it is very difficult but good challenge each other. It was fun in ASL communication at darker.
Right! either leave a nice litecandle..

True, Sabrina.

Hearing people asked me questions like this. :giggle:

All what I do is show them my positive ways of my deafness....

7Irishking7 said:

Hey,

Hello, 7Irishking7,

I've been raise in my hearing family and I learn their ways(by the way, I'm deaf) and hearing world. I've been staying at the dorm in MSD(Michigan) for five years and knew deaf world and their ways. I've dating with guys who are deaf or hard of hearing or hearing. I don't mind to marry one of them unless one of them is my right guy. But, right now I'm in relationship with my boyfriend, Robert for almost 8 months right now. He's hearing and he's wonderful guy, I love him bunches.

I married to hoh man. He was born hearing. He lost his both hearing since he was 9 years old. He can talk good and he can hear and talk on the voice phone also he is wearing one hearing aid on. Our marriage have been down and up sometime. I have been married to him for 12 years. I didn't know him well since we dated for only 3 months then we got married. I did make mistake to marry him but I have to stay married to him for our daughter's sake.

I am born deaf and recently got my ci last april 2004 and I have been happy married to my husband who is hearing for 20 years and we have our 2 beautiful daughters and I have learning a lot to deal with him to understand him after he is patience explaining to me about what's going on for everything like at home or at work or everyone we know what they say. I can read the lips real good and still rusty with asl because my hometown that have not much deaf people lives there. That's what I had to get around the hearing people alot more than deaf people. My husband understand me a lot better what I say something with my first ci last april 2004 .

I was born deaf and grew up in hearing world and communicates in oral and I married to hearing man for 4 years and enjoy it... My husband doesn't use ASL and I don't use ASL a lot. We talk ALL THE TIME, and NONSTOP. We have a hearing son.

There is nothing to be afraid to marry a hearing guy. I am not afraid or nervous when I married my hearing husband.

Back