Who's up for an interview? Help me out :(

I'm sorry. Just don't mind I sent you a friend request. I misinterpreted the message that you liked. Sorry.

I'm so sorry for being so insensitive. I really didn't mean for this to turn out the wrong way. I appreciate your comments and I know I've learned my lesson. I hope we can all start over.

Hi! I'm Patricia Vargas. I'm 17 years old and I live in the Philippines. I'm currently studying at Southville International School and Colleges, as a 2nd year college student, taking up Bachelor of Elementary Education with specialization in Special Education. The reason why I created this thread is that I'm really interested in learning more about the deaf community and I hope you can share your experiences with me. If you're interested in being interviewed, kindly like this comment and I'll add you to my contacts and PM you for the questions because I want the interview to be treated with confidentiality.

Again, I'm really sorry for what I did.

Thank you and God Bless!*

I think this post is worse than your first. The first was uninformed, you did something most people here don't like. A bunch of people tried to let you know. So now you're apologizing, and still doing it while you appologize. That gets up my nose alot more than messing up in the first place. It completely amazes me that anyone needs this spelled out, but anyway:

Start reading as much as you can from the archives.

Once you feel like you're starting to get a sense of the culture of this forum, start commenting on threads where you feel you have something to contribute, or start threads of your own (that are appropriate to this forum.)

In this way, begin interacting with people.

Some of them will possibly hate you or be indifferent to you. Others will possibly like you. If that happens and you also like them, you may become friends. Some of those people *might* be good people to ask if they can help you out with this.

This process may take a number of months, depending on your personality, how good of a match you are to the scene here, and luck. If you don't have that much time, and you feel the need to skip the part about getting to know the place and the people, actually making friends in a way that doesn't reek of using people, to just skip ahead and try to get what you want, can you understand that lots of people are *really* not going to like that?

And my god, don't give people specific instructions about liking your post to get in contact. People can contact you if they want. They can figure out how to do it. (And you can't private message here with only three posts anyway.)

I think this post is worse than your first. The first was uninformed, you did something most people here don't like. A bunch of people tried to let you know. So now you're apologizing, and still doing it while you appologize. That gets up my nose alot more than messing up in the first place. It completely amazes me that anyone needs this spelled out, but anyway:

Start reading as much as you can from the archives.

Once you feel like you're starting to get a sense of the culture of this forum, start commenting on threads where you feel you have something to contribute, or start threads of your own (that are appropriate to this forum.)

In this way, begin interacting with people.

Some of them will possibly hate you or be indifferent to you. Others will possibly like you. If that happens and you also like them, you may become friends. Some of those people *might* be good people to ask if they can help you out with this.

This process may take a number of months, depending on your personality, how good of a match you are to the scene here, and luck. If you don't have that much time, and you feel the need to skip the part about getting to know the place and the people, actually making friends in a way that doesn't reek of using people, to just skip ahead and try to get what you want, can you understand that lots of people are *really* not going to like that?

And my god, don't give people specific instructions about liking your post to get in contact. People can contact you if they want. They can figure out how to do it. (And you can't private message here with only three posts anyway.)

grinds-my-gears11.jpg
:D

I'm so sorry for being so insensitive. I really didn't mean for this to turn out the wrong way. I appreciate your comments and I know I've learned my lesson. I hope we can all start over.

Hi! I'm Patricia Vargas. I'm 17 years old and I live in the Philippines. I'm currently studying at Southville International School and Colleges, as a 2nd year college student, taking up Bachelor of Elementary Education with specialization in Special Education. The reason why I created this thread is that I'm really interested in learning more about the deaf community and I hope you can share your experiences with me. If you're interested in being interviewed, kindly like this comment and I'll add you to my contacts and PM you for the questions because I want the interview to be treated with confidentiality.

Again, I'm really sorry for what I did.

Thank you and God Bless!*

Oh, I hate Special Education. :barf:

I'm sorry. Just don't mind I sent you a friend request. I misinterpreted the message that you liked. Sorry.

I liked what 'Steinhauer ' posted and I gave him a 'like' not your thread.
People will 'like' another member's comment and that totally 'dislike' the thread . This happen a lot. And when someone like a person's comment it does not mean they want to be friends.

oh edit to it, realize about 17 yrs old and shes in college. she is in phillines. interesting

oh edit to it, realize about 17 yrs old and shes in college. she is in phillines. interesting

I knew this but it does not give her any excuses to just come and here and want us to tell her about our personal lives when we know nothing about her. If some stranger walked up to the OP and started asking them questions
about their persona life l I doubt they would like it so what made the OP think we would like it? That is the problem with people using this forum for their school works, they are not showing any consideration to us , it's as if they think deaf and hoh people are just drying to pour out their lost souls to anyone that will be 'kind enough' to take pity on us.

Back