Whos more important.

That's a loaded question! Any particular reason that you bring it up?

no reason. just wondering what yall think, i'll post my perspective in this and hopefully it helps a lot people see a bit of difference.

Well, if I had to choose between my husband/spouse or my children, I would choose my children.....

Whose most important?...They both are!....would depend upon the entire situation as to which one was the "most important" at the time.

If there's a harsh situation when you are being forced to choose...your husband or the kids...I say definitely the kids. They have many reasons for everything so...

I think Mother's usually would say kids.. because they have more of a bond by blood its their own something they made. .. ( I would hope the father feels the same way)
So yes the children would be more important.. you can't really divorce a child.. those children will always be yours where as a husband wife.. you can divorce them at any time.

How about this perspective?

You choose the spouse as the number 1 priority - your spouse chooses you as #1 too.

you both will feed eachother with what you guys want/need. That will build up so much love in between you both - and it will spread to the kids.

That way, you don't worry about yourself because your spouse has your back. Less stress in a way.

I was not thinking in the "world's end decision" where you had to choose to who to let go. but yeah in that case, any mother will keep the kids.

Your spouse or child/children?

That's so a harsh question... =/ I choose both of spouse and child.

Well, try imagine this...

If you choose your spouse over your own child, how do child feel about your phony choice? There goes for your child as your another choice if you choose him/her over your spouse. Yeah, how do your spouse feel about your choice, too? For example, I remember one story about a husband just lost his beloved wife and had a hard time to deal with his five or four kids. Later, he now had his new girlfriend. Guess what? He choose his girlfriend over his own children, just because his sweetheart had a new baby. What and how do they, as children of the late mother, feel about his choice?

I think a person should choose both of his/her spouse and child for love, not selfish reason.

This is probably going to be unpopular, but I'd say spouse. You choose the person you marry and you marry them for life. You agree to always be there for them and to love and honor them always. They promise to do the same. Your children are very important, but they will grow up and choose their own spouses. They will live their own lives. Think of the reverse - should your husband/wife choose you or your inlaws (their parents)?

I haven't had to make this choice. Husband and I put up a united front against the children. LOL! We both have an interest in providing what the kids need and that's our goal.

Our job as parents is to prepare our children to leave us and go live their own lives. Eventually, our children will have their own families. Then, we will have more freedom to focus more on each other as spouses. It changes over time.

I haven't had to make this choice. Husband and I put up a united front against the children. LOL! We both have an interest in providing what the kids need and that's our goal.

Our job as parents is to prepare our children to leave us and go live their own lives. Eventually, our children will have their own families. Then, we will have more freedom to focus more on each other as spouses. It changes over time.

:gpost: Nicely said.

Lets just say I put up an ad:

Wife and Children Missing!
Reward for the Children

Lets just say I put up an ad:

Wife and Children Missing!
Reward for the Children

Hahahahaha! My hubby would love this. Where is the link to that ad.

Post from Hell,

Maybe you can rephrase this question. If a life-threatening situation occurs and you had to save your family, who would you choose. Your spouse or children?

Now, that is a much tougher question and nobody can answer by saying "Both" because the choice wouldnt be there.

For me, for life in general, they are all important to me.

Shel - I was just thinking whos more important as in general life. Not life threatening situations. Of course in such a serious situation, all people are important.

Back