Who's going to CSUN?

DoVip

The Master Poker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might going to CSUN in Fall 2006. :fingersx:

Kewl beans! I planned on going to CSUN when I first finished high school, but decided not to -- and attended the local junior college for 8 years. When I did move to Los Angeles, I attended the El Camino College down by Inglewood, but only for a week as I moved back up to Northern California. Ha.
At least, get a chance to experience Los Angeles and its fast lane life. I did...for 3 years - had both good and bad experiences, but well worth it.

Recent CSUN grad here. Let me know if you have any questions about the campus.

I go to CSUN

I am currently a CSUN student. I am graduating this December

Dennis said:
Recent CSUN grad here. Let me know if you have any questions about the campus.

Are you APT. for CSUN now?

i want to go to csun. i haven't finish the application process yet, so i don't know if i'm going to be going. if i did, it would be in fall 2005.

Graduated from CSUN. :nana:

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about CSUN.

CSUN is good if you are into liberal arts, health related fields, teaching, psychology etc......

But I will never live in Los Angeles again!!! During college years, I survived fires, riots, earthquakes, cockroaches, massive traffic jams on 405, endless bar hoppings and drunken trips to/from Tijuana.

But enjoy your stay there :)

Meg said:
CSUN is good if you are into liberal arts, health related fields, teaching, psychology etc......

Pfft, all degrees there are good. Drama, Business, Engineering, Liberal Studies/Education/Teaching (same thing), Pre-med Biology/Physics/Chemistry, Psychology, Recreation, Kinesiology (physical education), Computer Science, Mathematics, Geology, Geography, History, and.... Deaf Studies. :)

But I will never live in Los Angeles again!!! During college years, I survived fires, riots, earthquakes, cockroaches, massive traffic jams on 405, endless bar hoppings and drunken trips to/from Tijuana.

I miss it, honestly. The hazards you mentioned weren't quite as bad as you make them out to be, considering other places have it just as bad with natural disasters, crime, and traffic.

Not me but I live in the area, don't I count? I would love to meet other deaf students; I'm so lonely :(

Dennis said:
Pfft, all degrees there are good. Drama, Business, Engineering, Liberal Studies/Education/Teaching (same thing), Pre-med Biology/Physics/Chemistry, Psychology, Recreation, Kinesiology (physical education), Computer Science, Mathematics, Geology, Geography, History, and.... Deaf Studies. :)

except art :(

it has art major, but it was not a strong major, not something i wanted in it. thats why i left CSUN. it was a quiet experience living in a hot & dry climate. i enjoyed it very much except experienced some bad dehydration :ugh:

good luck on going to CSUN! such a nice campus. i miss california! :)

CSUN sucks

I like the deaf Orientation and some deaf event...
I like the Cafetria, Burger King, Taco Bell, Subway on campus, very cool.

but

1. You have to share Dorm room with hearing people.
2. They do have dorm building for all deaf but it is always full. And
hearing people who major in Deaf Studies stay there.
3. some Dorm don't have elevators... you have to walk up those steps
with luggages and heavy things.
4. Seem like most deaf students are majoring in Deaf Studies.
5. I was trying to join Sorority there, but they wouldn't let me join.
6. I was majoring in film at CSUN, I made good grades, but I couldn't
join the Film Club.
7. It is hard to get interpreter. Sometimes they sent me 2 interpreters
for one hour class.
8. And you may or may not stay at the dorm room next season,,, they
picked your name... but when they don't pick your name, you have to
live on an off campus dorm or rent apartment.... ewww.
9. California is TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!
10. People are not really friendly there.... make me miss Gallaudet. Even tho I don't like Gallaudet... but some people there are more hospitable. I know
that I am the worst roommate from HELL. But I am spoiled. I should have learn to live with people.

Anyway, I think CSUN should own some of those apartments or build
more dorms... cause it isn't fair for current students to not have dorm
room for next season.

The education system is fine, I wish Gallaudet is like CSUN....
but I wish Gallaudet have taco bell, and stuff like that.
ANd I wish CSUN people were like Gallaudet friendly people.

But I guess it will never happen.

That is the only problem I have at Gallaudet - education system and cafetria arrangement.
And the problem with CSUN I have - Dorm, unfriendly people, interpreter and weather.

TTT said:
1. You have to share Dorm room with hearing people.

That's not necessarily true. I only did that one semester with 1 hearing roommate, and that was because I came into the dorms in the Spring, not Fall. Kick ass good roommate, though, better than many of the other deaf roommates I had....

TTT said:
2. They do have dorm building for all deaf but it is always full. And hearing people who major in Deaf Studies stay there.
Again, not necessarily true. Deaf people who choose to live in the deaf dorm have priority over hearing people; I will give you that the space is very limited as the whole dorm is only 3 stories tall.
TTT said:
3. some Dorm don't have elevators... you have to walk up those stepswith luggages and heavy things.
I agree with this -- the deaf dorm doesn't have an elevator. To be fair, people who couldn't use the elevator were given first floor rooms.
TTT said:
4. Seem like most deaf students are majoring in Deaf Studies.
Not true. Several were, yes, but most, like me, were in the wide variety of fields offered at the university.
TTT said:
5. I was trying to join Sorority there, but they wouldn't let me join.
Were you trying to join Alpha Sigma Theta? Or another one?
TTT said:
6. I was majoring in film at CSUN, I made good grades, but I couldn't join the Film Club.
Why not? I had no problems joining clubs there.
TTT said:
7. It is hard to get interpreter. Sometimes they sent me 2 interpreters for one hour class.
I had the hardest time getting interpreters for Tuesdays and Thursday classes. If it was MWF, I could easily get 2 interpreters for one class. The incredible problem was, of course, that professors only like courses on T and Th, and of course the deaf people can only choose their classes on what's available.
TTT said:
8. And you may or may not stay at the dorm room next season,,, they picked your name... but when they don't pick your name, you have to live on an off campus dorm or rent apartment.... ewww.
I agree. There were not enough dorms for students. Of course, then again, living off campus gave me a TON of more freedom than living in the dorms. After a while, living on campus ceases to be fun -- distractions, pranks, the fire alarms being pulled, etc. It's at that time that I was ready to move out somewhere with the rest of the relatively mature population of Northridge.
TTT said:
9. California is TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!
Screw you, NY and DC are too cold! Different strokes for different folks, I tell you.
TTT said:
10. People are not really friendly there.... make me miss Gallaudet. Even tho I don't like Gallaudet... but some people there are more hospitable. I know that I am the worst roommate from HELL. But I am spoiled. I should have learn to live with people.
I guess the CSUN people may have seen right through you about being spoiled and stuck up. You sow what you reap.

I'm not going to suggest that CSUN is perfect, but it suited me and those 10 issues TTT listed weren't an issue for me. They didn't interfere with my schooling so much that I had to go somewhere else to finish up. I got a great job with a degree from CSUN, which is internationally known in the business, entertainment, and education community. I'm happy!

hmmm

Dennis said:
That's not necessarily true. I only did that one semester with 1 hearing roommate, and that was because I came into the dorms in the Spring, not Fall. Kick ass good roommate, though, better than many of the other deaf roommates I had....

:pissed: When I was staying at Dorm 6, I had 2 hearing roommates.

Again, not necessarily true. Deaf people who choose to live in the deaf dorm have priority over hearing people; I will give you that the space is very limited as the whole dorm is only 3 stories tall.

:pissed: Why they placed 3 deaf people in Dorm 12. And I was placed in Dorm 12 in my first semester.

I agree with this -- the deaf dorm doesn't have an elevator. To be fair, people who couldn't use the elevator were given first floor rooms.

Okay!!!!! I got this right.

Not true. Several were, yes, but most, like me, were in the wide variety of fields offered at the university.

Okay I got half right.

Were you trying to join Alpha Sigma Theta? Or another one?

Yes, Alpha Sigma Theta.

Why not? I had no problems joining clubs there.

:pissed: Well I called CBS, Columbia Broadcast for Students... and
they hanged up on me... won't let me join.

I had the hardest time getting interpreters for Tuesdays and Thursday classes. If it was MWF, I could easily get 2 interpreters for one class. The incredible problem was, of course, that professors only like courses on T and Th, and of course the deaf people can only choose their classes on what's available.

:pissed: Well if we all just have one interpreter, then no problem. Just don't
sign language when the professors were doing the attendant roll call,,,
I don't need to know all the name of the students and to know if they are
here or absent. Relax their hands... they don't need to sign to unneccessary stuff.

I agree. There were not enough dorms for students. Of course, then again, living off campus gave me a TON of more freedom than living in the dorms. After a while, living on campus ceases to be fun -- distractions, pranks, the fire alarms being pulled, etc. It's at that time that I was ready to move out somewhere with the rest of the relatively mature population of Northridge.

Okay, I got that one right. I was tooooooo scare to live off campus.

Screw you, NY and DC are too cold! Different strokes for different folks, I tell you.

:pissed: I hate cold too. But I am Black, my hair get tooo nappy cause of sweat.

I guess the CSUN people may have seen right through you about being spoiled and stuck up. You sow what you reap.

:pissed: you reap what you sow..... NOT you sow what you reap.
I am not being stuck up.... I am always quiet, shy, and nervous.

I'm not going to suggest that CSUN is perfect, but it suited me and those 10 issues TTT listed weren't an issue for me. They didn't interfere with my schooling so much that I had to go somewhere else to finish up. I got a great job with a degree from CSUN, which is internationally known in the business, entertainment, and education community.

:pissed: I was going to leave CSUN anyway,,, because I didn't want
to start from the bottom... I had to take pre major film classes....
They wouldn't transfer some film classes I took at Gallaudet. I got upset about it.
I don't want to take film history at CSUN... cause I already took that at Gallaudet. So I just went back to Gallaudet....
I was just curious about CSUN.... it was just okay.

I'm happy!

So anyway... Glad you were happy.

TTT, I was happy at CSUN too.

Life is never fair so I made best out of what I had. It is called having good attitude.

attitude?

I don't think it is my attitude...
I think people are being mean, prejudice, and all because the way
I look.

I didn't have Treacher Collins Syndrome, if I was normal... then
I would have a nice life and a job, and marriage.

TTT said:
I don't think it is my attitude...
I think people are being mean, prejudice, and all because the way
I look.

I didn't have Treacher Collins Syndrome, if I was normal... then
I would have a nice life and a job, and marriage.

Lets not go off thread here. You need to read Alex's warning from yesterday about people going off thread. I will report you to Alex now for going WAY off the point. Every post you make, it is always about YOU.

Life does not revolve around a single individual.

sigh

I am tired of people always comparing themselves to me.
I am trying to tell you that I had a hard time everywhere I go...
Yes you and Dennis have an easy life.

But I didn't. It isn't about my attitude, how many times
do I have to tell you that. :pissed:

Black people tell white people, they don't understand.

Normal people such as you and Dennis don't understand...

Look at your face... of course you have an easy time....
but I didn't. So stop comparing me to you.

Fine, go tattle on Alex.

TTT, when were you at CSUN? I don't see any dates stated by you so far. Perhaps I did meet you while I was there.

What was the deal with AST? Were you asked to pledge? Did you only go to rush? Did you know any of the members before you rushed/pledged? I know many of the members closely and if they remember you, would you like me to find out why you weren't accepted?

I don't remember a Columbia Broadcast for Students organzation, but anyway, what did they actively turn you away or did you just give up at the first sign of resistance?

Back