Whoo Hoo.... Upgrade

overthepond

Reaction score
I am going for the upgrade from Freedom to N5 on 3rd of Aug, I just cannot wait as the freedom is quite heavy on my ear, it had been really sore in the last few weeks. Currently my freedom are brown, I am going for "Apple" black to go with the latest gadgets these days, Ipad, Iphone etc!! LOL...

On the same day I will be having my medical and 3 year review as I will be travelling the day after for the majority of August.

LOL Apple Geek!

I am sure you will love N5 - because it is better than the freedom as I've been told.

Good lucky happy hear you exciting I am surprised awesome! :)

I am going for the upgrade from Freedom to N5 on 3rd of Aug, I just cannot wait as the freedom is quite heavy on my ear, it had been really sore in the last few weeks. Currently my freedom are brown, I am going for "Apple" black to go with the latest gadgets these days, Ipad, Iphone etc!! LOL...

On the same day I will be having my medical and 3 year review as I will be travelling the day after for the majority of August.

So very cool! Hope you love it! Huge difference in both the weight and the shape -- much more streamlined. Plus, we just spent the day at the pool, with Li wearing hers in and out of the water all day: totally submerged, splashed, sprayed, what have you -- no issues. She was wrinkled and blue and exhausted, but her fancy black N5s held up! We're putting all that marketing chatter to the test.

So very cool! Hope you love it! Huge difference in both the weight and the shape -- much more streamlined. Plus, we just spent the day at the pool, with Li wearing hers in and out of the water all day: totally submerged, splashed, sprayed, what have you -- no issues. She was wrinkled and blue and exhausted, but her fancy black N5s held up! We're putting all that marketing chatter to the test.
Wait a second - did Li wear the CI (n5) into the pool, while submerged?? I take it, it works fine as it is?

Wait a second - did Li wear the CI (n5) into the pool, while submerged?? I take it, it works fine as it is?

Yes! Although we've accidentally submerged them before, this was our first time intentionally putting it to the full test. And boy, did she test it! We only used one, you know ... just in case :) .

It's how they are now marketing them -- the brochures show the CIs submerged in fishbowls, kids playing in sprinklers, in pools, soo ....

Works great, and I've got it in the dry and store, as usual, for the night.

Yes! Although we've accidentally submerged them before, this was our first time intentionally putting it to the full test. And boy, did she test it! We only used one, you know ... just in case :) .

It's how they are now marketing them -- the brochures show the CIs submerged in fishbowls, kids playing in sprinklers, in pools, soo ....

Works great, and I've got it in the dry and store, as usual, for the night.
Nice, means that Li can swim around with it.
From wht I read on site, they are not waterproof but resistant?

Nice, means that Li can swim around with it.
From wht I read on site, they are not waterproof but resistant?

I think they have limits, like they should only be submerged for 30 minutes max at a time, and they don't advise using in heavy waves at the beach, where the water is moving against it hard. With a 5YO, she's pretty much bobbing above the water, the submersion involved is limited: when she drops into the pool, or comes down the slide. A lot of splashing, though.

Relax around water with the world’s most water resistant sound processor
Nucleus 5 - The ONLY submergible sound processor with IP443 and IP573* ratings for water resistance. Our two-way remote assistant also holds a water-resistance rating.

The IP57 rating means that the sound processor is not only water resistant, but it can be submerged into three feet of still water for up to 30 minutes without any worries.*

Gee, I'm starting to like this device - at least, I'm glad I'm in the C.I process. :D

good luck with the upgrade,hope there would be much dfference between the two

Back