Who would like to see Clinton back in White House again?

Do you wish for more term limit fix in Constitution?

• Let Bill come back again

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Hell no, I'm tired of all the scandals that went on when he was prez

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I'm staying on the fence

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
mr. maniac sez: "Bush hasn't lied one single iota and you all still rag on him?"

what about wmd? ms. rice's gaffes? the cia memo gaffes? the list just goes on . . .

I'd support the return of Mr. Clinton. Especially if it gets mr. ashcroft out of our bedrooms.

the republicans are SCARED of Bill Clinton, because they know if he were to run again he'd win in a LANDSLIDE!

If we have the priviledge to have sex at work without the possibility of termination, then and only then will he be welcomed back to presidency.

Originally posted by Bush_in_2004!
I'd support the return of Mr. Clinton. Especially if it gets mr. ashcroft out of our bedrooms.

the republicans are SCARED of Bill Clinton, because they know if he were to run again he'd win in a LANDSLIDE!

I agree...sadly the application of a limit to 4 year term in Office -- Clinton cannot run again, unless someone overturned the rule. ;) Clinton was obviously very popular with a lot of international leaders. :)

P.S. -- popular with the majority of Americans as well..including myself. I voted for Clinton in 1992. ;)

Originally posted by WaterRats13
I agree...sadly the application of a limit to 4 year term in Office -- Clinton cannot run again, unless someone overturned the rule. ;) Clinton was obviously very popular with a lot of international leaders. :)
You are correct and incorrect in that statement. He is limited to a 4-year term, however that applies in a row. He can leave the office after the expiration, and return as a president with another 4-year term.

Originally posted by LinuxGold
You are correct and incorrect in that statement. He is limited to a 4-year term, however that applies in a row. He can leave the office after the expiration, and return as a president with another 4-year term.

Ahh, OK. I didn't know about the latter you mentioned. That means Clinton has a chance to run again for President should he decide on that?

Ahh, OK. I didn't know about the latter you mentioned. That means Clinton has a chance to run again for President should he decide on that?
He can opt to run again, provided that he win our hearts once again. He ain't getting mine!

He can opt to run again, provided that he win our hearts once again. He ain't getting mine!

How come? ;) Is it cos of what happened in the Monica Lewisky affair?

How come? ;) Is it cos of what happened in the Monica Lewisky affair?
In my point of view, we're the president's boss. If someone is caught having sex in offices, or in workplace on which they are provided to work in, they are terminated. The same is true with oval office, we provided that office for Clinton to work in, not for sex. If we are allowed to have sex in workplaces, then that is where I would allow him back. (Where hell freezes over, or am I dead wrong?)

In my point of view, we're the president's boss. If someone is caught having sex in offices, or in workplace on which they are provided to work in, they are terminated. The same is true with oval office, we provided that office for Clinton to work in, not for sex. If we are allowed to have sex in workplaces, then that is where I would allow him back. (Where hell freezes over, or am I dead wrong?)

You've got a point there -- but remember we all are human beings and we are liable to make mistakes which is normal in our nature. I know Clinton made a big mistake of getting involved with Monica whilst in Office.
But apart from that, he did make some great decisions which helped USA, didn't he? Some no, but some yes.

Clinton, sex and all, made better decisions than any president since LBJ. That is the bottom line for me.

Clinton, sex and all, made better decisions than any president since LBJ. That is the bottom line for me.

;) Point taken. By your handle ID, are you considering a career in politics??? :)

I speak my mind. Sooner or laterb somebody is gonna ask me the God question and I'll have to answer honestly rendering me un-electable.

I speak my mind. Sooner or laterb somebody is gonna ask me the God question and I'll have to answer honestly rendering me un-electable.

What does the subject God have to do with politics? Could you explain in depth, please, so I can understand what you were talking about? Please? Ta!

If we can't have Bill back in the White House again after all I started this topic, but there is an alternative to Bush that I had been hustling on this forum to gather more Deafie support against Bush

My answer would be: Go Howard Dean in 2K4 (the ex Vermont Governor who signed the gay civil union law) and he reminds me of Bill Clinton without the baggage Clinton carried due to the "l'affaire Monica ".

Dean for President!

govdean.jpg

I feel that bill should be back @ the white house but as a first gentleman n advisor to his wife; if she ever decides to run and win. They can form a good team that might just put the country back on track. Has for the Constitution I feel it needs to be rewritten to fit present society.

Originally posted by MayorX
I feel that bill should be back @ the white house but as a first gentleman n advisor to his wife; if she ever decides to run and win. They can form a good team that might just put the country back on track. Has for the Constitution I feel it needs to be rewritten to fit present society.
I strenuously disagree about rectification of Constitution to fit present society. The priviledge to rectify the Constitution will eventually limit our freedom which we should take for granted.

Waterrats asked: "What does the subject God have to do with politics? Could you explain in depth, please, so I can understand what you were talking about? Please? Ta!"

okay, since you asked . . .

If I were to run for president a press conference would go like this:

reporter: pro or anti-abortion?

me: pro choice.

reporter: marriage restricted to hetrosexuals?

me: marriage open to all genders, mix or match.

reporter: what religious faith do you subscribe to?

me: none. I'm agnositic.

(silence in the room).

(reporters jotting notes down in notebooks)

(the silence of votes doing down the drain.)

in today's society agnositic people, or atheists for that matter, are unelectable in national politics -- the U.S. is still a God-Fearing country.

They want a country that is stable. A person being atheist could be regarded as unstable (with no moral proof). I am not sure what I am saying might be clear to the rest of you...I'm having difficult times trying to be more clearer...maybe someone else understands what I am trying to say?

Back