Who work as autmotive techician?

That's what nitrile glove for. :)

they didn't have Nitrile glove back then, Glove don't last long anyway cuz too many sharp edges can cut gloves. I need to feel what's behind it without glove. I often have bandaids on my fingers and hands. :lol:

Gloves are for wimpie.

Catty

they didn't have Nitrile glove back then, Glove don't last long anyway cuz too many sharp edges can cut gloves. I need to feel what's behind it without glove. I often have bandaids on my fingers and hands. :lol:

Gloves are for wimpie.

Catty

I believe you should study more about OSHA.

I have 3 types of gloves.

One for mechanix glove that I use it lot for repair on the engine during hot like 120F and no problem. I can feel anything without eyes. Thank to mechanix glove.

One for oil glove that I can use it for used oil, transmission fluid, and axle fluid. The oil glove is very easy to clean by raise water. Did you know that used oil can acid your skin? No wonder my hand got burn when I touch the used oil but fresh oil is okay.

One for nitrile glove and it's good for brake job like grease for bearing wheel. It's pain in ass to clean grease off from hands. It really waste of time to clean whole grease off.

Soon to be 4th glove for welding.

You still can't feel anything after you wear the nitrile glove? Hard to believe.

Gloves are for wimpie? Good luck with high temperature and grease. Please be careful what you said. Do you know why you don't work for mechanic anymore? Think about it.

Only smart mechanic like RALLY,NASCER, Drag racing,off-road, etc who WEAR mechanix glove.

I know someone who 50's and never wear his gloves all his life and his nails are fucked up ever I see. Wash won't help. It's gross and not health for cooking the food. OH yeah. I cooking a lot because I am enjoy with that. That's why I keep my hands CLEAN also safe for our pets.

I used to be a Machine Shop Mechanic and I was an assistant to help rebuild 500hp 4 cylinder Diesel Bobcat engine, repair telescoping hydraulic piston (for dumper trailer), cleaned 50 ton Baler tank at scrapyard (repairing and get 40 years old baler up and running, they're huge! It can crush car into cube), worked on 50 ton Komatstu Landscaping Bulldozer, fix and drove big Loader w/ dumpser and do welding using MIG. I held a job for 1 year and his business went south because he owe $20k loan that Company that owned Komatstu refuse to pay for repair and he took it as a collateral. I had great time driving huge 50 ton Bulldozer, It felt like a smooth sail on the land. I even got chance to drive Semi-Tractor trailer.

I realized that being a mechanic is not my thing because I always come home with dirty hand and face no matter how good I cleaned with Goop or GoJo w/ pumice because I always get myself dirty with hydraulic fluid, brake fluid, engine oil and grease.

Catty
wow, I used to working at the truck shop for 2 years, every morning, I changed my plain clothes to work uniforms, got real nasty over my uniforms
just in first 2 or 3 hours of work. I was not happy and got a smog license (passed the smog exam) and defected to the Mobil gas station, found this job position was perfect matched my taste, I've been working at Chevron, 76 and now recently transfered to Shell. Im a clean technician with short pants with no oil or grease on my legs. but in winter time I wear long pants cuz Im sensitive to cold weather. I use heavy duty latex gloves. I reuse them till torn or dirty gloves. People think Im not a mechanic cuz of clean
hands and nails. You call me a wimper? LOL. I m tired of clean my dirty hands or nails.

Gloves are for wimpie.

Catty
LOL, Your hands must be rough.

I believe you should study more about OSHA.

I have 3 types of gloves.

One for mechanix glove that I use it lot for repair on the engine during hot like 120F and no problem. I can feel anything without eyes. Thank to mechanix glove.

One for oil glove that I can use it for used oil, transmission fluid, and axle fluid. The oil glove is very easy to clean by raise water. Did you know that used oil can acid your skin? No wonder my hand got burn when I touch the used oil but fresh oil is okay.

One for nitrile glove and it's good for brake job like grease for bearing wheel. It's pain in ass to clean grease off from hands. It really waste of time to clean whole grease off.

Soon to be 4th glove for welding.

You still can't feel anything after you wear the nitrile glove? Hard to believe.

Gloves are for wimpie? Good luck with high temperature and grease. Please be careful what you said. Do you know why you don't work for mechanic anymore? Think about it.

Only smart mechanic like RALLY,NASCER, Drag racing,off-road, etc who WEAR mechanix glove.

I know someone who 50's and never wear his gloves all his life and his nails are fucked up ever I see. Wash won't help. It's gross and not health for cooking the food. OH yeah. I cooking a lot because I am enjoy with that. That's why I keep my hands CLEAN also safe for our pets.
chuckle, I havent try a new pair of Wear mechanix gloves be4. When the Business is slow day then I wld clean my nails and file nails pretty like women ways.

chuckle, I havent try a new pair of Wear mechanix gloves be4. When the Business is slow day then I wld clean my nails and file nails pretty like women ways.

The mechanix glove is good for high temperature that I wear it for. It is not just avoid from dirty.

Hmmm.. Must be pain in ass to spend time to wash your hands then write down on the paper to communication to customers. I don't think customers will happy when they hold the paper with full of grease. :laugh2:

never did mechanic work, but i did lathe and welding work so i know the welding gloves, and i have a pair of cheapie $2 garden (cheap thin leather but the palm side has good thickness) gloves which i buy each year, they are great for handling nasty prickly rose gardens and thorny hedges (which i trim 3 times a year with an electric trimmer), again i appreciate what highlander describes. I did have those gloves when i did motocross (now I also know what i didnt like used oil from gearbox yes it stung sometimes, i thought it was heat from warm engine which I insist before letting oil out so all come out easier but did not realise its acidty....) wow all these years i didnt know.... now i do thanks :)
yes
i am not a trained auto technician but know a few things about motorcycles, but car uuurgh i just take it to my old mates place, to look at it, altough i can do the water and oil but thats about it. On the old car (Skyline) i was able to do bit more like alternator, fan belts, radiators, but thats maybe to do with confidence working on older cars?..

if i get another motorbike, id would want a carburator-fuelled type engine , injectors, no thanks nice, but pain in the arse to do what i want.....

Yeah...that's true. I know my car so I know how it feels when it goes wrong or something like that. The funny thing when I felt something and the hearing mechanics didn't even find anything wrong with it. I told him to feel it MORE carefully and he will realize what I mean....you got a good point about that. ;)

i get like that too, i think and feel about my car or bike when i drive/ride , everytime
i get this mental picture of whats its doing when i drive/ride with certain viberation that i get ascustomed to, if bit off, i go off wondering then usually i give the mechanic a good lead..... to the problem pretty quickly cus i described what its doing fairly accurately

so yeah you dont have to 'hear' but you 'do' have to 'know' your machine well i guess

The mechanix glove is good for high temperature that I wear it for. It is not just avoid from dirty.

Hmmm.. Must be pain in ass to spend time to wash your hands then write down on the paper to communication to customers. I don't think customers will happy when they hold the paper with full of grease. :laugh2:
Agree, not much to write the paper to communicate w/ customers cuz the service writer or manager always review the RO papers before they make estimate on parts/labors then notify customers. When my service writer or manager is not here or come late, I have to write the note to communicate with customers like write down the RO invoice papers what they need the services or complaints. I often drop my latex gloves, grab a clean shop rug to wipe my sweat hands be4 write on the note to the customers. If the motorists come straight to the shop from the pump island, I wont drop my latex gloves cuz they need me to check fluids or tires while I work on the vehicle. I hate the motorists but tip money. Some of them are cheap asses.
I never write the paper to communicate w/ customers with my grease or dirty hands. Professionally.

i get like that too, i think and feel about my car or bike when i drive/ride , everytime
i get this mental picture of whats its doing when i drive/ride with certain viberation that i get ascustomed to, if bit off, i go off wondering then usually i give the mechanic a good lead..... to the problem pretty quickly cus i described what its doing fairly accurately

so yeah you dont have to 'hear' but you 'do' have to 'know' your machine well i guess

I notice my hearing technicians are not sensitive to feel the things like we feel the things. One time the hearing tech who drove a customer's car for road test to listen the noisy from the brakes, told a service writer nothing wrong with the brakes but the service writer asked me to check the brakes then I took the same car for road test, I feel pulsation when light braking and vibrates over 45 mph then returned to the shop, investigated and found crooked front brake rotors, excessive .010 runouts and FR tire out of balance, wrote the RO invoice paper and turned in the service dept.
I have no idea how the hearing techs cant feel the vibrates, just listen the noises. Even the hearing motorist who brought her car in for brake check, didnt mentioned about grinding noise. I spotted a lot of metallic on the rim, knew it was metal to metal brake then removed the wheel, saw the inboard
disc brake pad was gone as the caliper's piston took over the absented pad, grinded the rotor, sound like it was happen about 2 months ago, what's wrong with a hearing female motorist? Maybe she list the loud music in her car? or numb hands or feet? I was happy to screwing her pussy for brake job ( expensive job)

I used to work as an automotive technician but today Im certified as a boat techician as I find the work more favorable to myself. I work on anything that float on water up to 100 ft houseboat as well. When I was an automotive tech the work wasnt that bad but just find it boring. So went into repairing boats and starting into yachts and houseboats recently it been really interesting and alot more challenge as well having fun on the water. Im deaf in one ear and hoh in the other which posed no risks for me. Like in the other posts I trained myself to listen and feel for noise that doesnt seem right. Our hearing or loss of hearing shouldnt be a barrier to any types of works we do.

I used to work as an automotive technician but today Im certified as a boat techician as I find the work more favorable to myself. I work on anything that float on water up to 100 ft houseboat as well. When I was an automotive tech the work wasnt that bad but just find it boring. So went into repairing boats and starting into yachts and houseboats recently it been really interesting and alot more challenge as well having fun on the water. Im deaf in one ear and hoh in the other which posed no risks for me. Like in the other posts I trained myself to listen and feel for noise that doesnt seem right. Our hearing or loss of hearing shouldnt be a barrier to any types of works we do.
I'm jealous of you for a marine technician. I've been see my techs who fixed or changed tires of the boat trailers at the gas station. I have 2 deaf mechanics at the gas stations. I recently recruit a young deaf guy to working with me at the gas station, I coach him to do oil changes and tire repairs. He is a pretty good to pick up all the type of the jobs. Another deaf mechanic (heavy line expert) at another gas station, I used to working with him for 2 years then I transfered to another station.

Back