who use VPAD?

hi,

just got me a new toy Vpad.. its neat..
I couldnt figure out how to call my friends VP 200 or call my home from job, how did you guys do that ??
i put vp200 ph # into it and click call it kept said "Calling" and does nothing..what did i do wrong ?

thanks!

Something I do not understand about the national register system work.

I expect Sorenson and VPAD are good to go. One condition, test which number like DVP or local number. I do not understand how ofteb it update on all in one server for ten digit numbers. Test which one is working. If both friend or you try call each other again doesn't work? If both nothing work, mean FCC system for ten digit numbers. It would be nice to know FCC seever status. Such as verified which number is default provider ensure it working or not. Something we need see improve. It no only VRS provider fault.

My questiong to you; when u use vpad+ and did you log in just fine or any error message?

thank you for reply.

When i logged in and it went smooth as sailing.

Strange, i used friend's OLD phone # (866) to call my friend, she can SEE me but i CAN NOT see her its black blank...strange...i think must be mess up from same IP address between my VP and router (wireless) vpad at same time.
I tried use her NEW 10 dig # for local and it does NOTHING.

Talked to tech support and they seems try avioding answer that question like they act they are unsure :roll: .

I should have try go some place like store and to test it.oh well.

I was not sure which select to use to call to vp such as H323, SIP , or VSN ???

thank you again
YOMAN!

YOMAN, did you configure the port forwarding settings in the router for the VPAD+
Yes, zerodog, they require them now to avoid the blackscreens.

YOMAN, did you configure the port forwarding settings in the router for the VPAD+
Yes, zerodog, they require them now to avoid the blackscreens.

NO i havent...how can i do that ? i have FIOS Verizon Actiontec router/modem..PM me if you can help me out.. thank you.

Unfortuantely, my port configure settings are wrong, Viable isnt helping me any much but suggest you give them a call or email for the correct specific port settings, they only fixed mine so people can call me, but I was unable to call people directly from my VPAD+..

NO i havent...how can i do that ? i have FIOS Verizon Actiontec router/modem..PM me if you can help me out.. thank you.

Your ActionTec 740G? Should be DMZ hosting for your VPAD

make sure u disable use outgoing gateway in settings page.

also viable is supposed to help you, if u notice a rep is not being helpful you should get their name and complain to their manager

Its M1424WR ACtiontec.

I m still having some trouble calling VP 200 but only ONE of my friend's VP200 its working that puzzled me so. i m so lost.

they, Viable, helped me with port forward issues.

DMZ already setting for VP200. Theres ONLY one DMZ to select, not muti select.

HEY ddd,
Where can I find a disable use outgoing gateway in which setting ? i m using FIOS by Verizon.

Thanks!
YOMAN!

settings

Press on settings then calls then at the very end :

Use Outgoing Gateway should be UNCHECKED

DOne, its already unselect.. oh well.. when i wired it and it works flawless...wireslesss some issue..whatever i ll figure out later on so i ll leave wired on for now... thanks!

VPAd doesn't have wrieless unless you have VPAD+ (for the VPAD version, you use the wireless adaptor, if you already have one)

DOne, its already unselect.. oh well.. when i wired it and it works flawless...wireslesss some issue..whatever i ll figure out later on so i ll leave wired on for now... thanks!

You can configure wireless network setting on your VPAD+ and search for your ssid name of your wireless modem (access point) and click it and select "TKIP" on Encryption Type and "WPAPSK" on Authernatication Mode. type (your password) on WPA Phrase. then Ok. Click "Renew". If failure to work, You check wireless network settings on your router for correct Security Mode, WPA mode and SIDD password. Luck!

just in case

just in case you missed my other reply...

when u configure ur router you configure it to fwd ports to your wired interface ip address.... whenever you use wifi you obtain another ip address, therefore it wont work anymore... (or it might work whenever you call but there might be no video... or one of the sides might get black screen.. )

Just remember, the wireless chip has a different mac address than the VPAD+ which is inside the VPAD device.

Right...

I wish they input that MAC ID of wireless... but wonder they would concern about that update firmware after fixing that Mail and the contact list?

You can find the MAC Address on the search mac address filter/ local network in your router admin page.

You can find the MAC Address on the search mac address filter/ local network in your router admin page.

Yea, I have several MAC ID but we can find MAC ID of wireless on laptop but not like VPAD. Know what I am saying?

Elimiate the mac ID's that you recongise as for PC's and Laptops and then if you don't recongise one seperate mac ID, there you go, you have it.

wifi mac

Wifi mac address:

Settings - Network - Wifi - Setup - advanced - "MAC ADDRESS: ------ "

Back