Who started the idea of putting art on HAs?

yagazn

Reaction score
I don't know who created the art on HAs? something like with sticker or whatever on HAs. Will it break or what? I don't put anything on my HAs, mine is just plain color.

There's no way of knowing who "invented" or "started" the idea. How would you define "art"? It could be anything. I could scratch my hearing aid and claim that as my art. Another person could put a couple nail polish drops on it and claim that as art too.

I see nothing wrong with putting stickers on your hearing aid.

There are a few things you should consider though.

1.) Make sure it's not the kind of sticker that will stain anywhere. For instance, if the sticker was in contact with your skin and it stains, it could leave a mark on your skin. (I'm sure it can be washed off in the shower or bath.) It could leave a mark on your hearing aid. It depends on the sticker.

2.) Make sure it doesn't cover any important parts of your hearing aid. If you ever needed to have your hearing aid looked at and it covered something they needed to access, it can complicate things for them.

3.) Is the timing right? Are they hearing aids for work? Wouldn't look good having weird stickers on your hearing aids if you were working in a professional environment.

Phonak gives out Oliver Elephant stickers to little kids. They are very cute and do no damage. So maybe Phonak is the inventor.

Most of the Cochlear implants now have art "skins" available to add to the outside of the processor.

I think it's a nice idea (assuming you've taking what VamPyroX said into consideration)...especially for the kids to make the HA more playful looking.

Yeah, I don't plan to do that on my HAs for the fun looks but it does look fun to me. I noticed some adult wears art on their HAs too.

Thanks for the whole detail. Yeah, you're right there's no way of knowing who-who either "invented" or "created".

I was just curious that's all.

Peace

I have no idea who started it, but I think it is a really cool idea! And it really makes a powerful statement. Wearing a hearing aid is nothing to be ashamed of, and it does not need to be hidden!

Back