Who likes baseball? Baseball discussions etc.

MrDude

Reaction score
What is your favorite team and who do you think will win the world series this season?
MLB of course.
I like the Rays and I honestly think they'll win, they're performing strong this season even with some losses here and there.
Disagree with me? let me know why.:cool2:

Rarely do I watch baseball but I do like the baseball atmosphere in the nose bleed section at a stadium on a nice, sunny and warm day with family and friends. A rather expensive entertainment so it's not often that I do that.

I do!! I cannot figure why Cubs are one of the worst team in baseball.

I did read "The Extra 2%". It's about Tampa Rays. Even if you're not a Tampa fan, it's a must read.

Rarely do I watch baseball but I do like the baseball atmosphere in the nose bleed section at a stadium on a nice, sunny and warm day with family and friends. A rather expensive entertainment so it's not often that I do that.
I agree the games do get expensive but there's a minor league stadium not far from where I live and i've seen a great many games there. I like the nose bleeds but i'm more of a fan of sitting closer when and if I can.
I generally watch a game on t.v. though if i'm not doing anything.

I did read "The Extra 2%". It's about Tampa Rays. Even if you're not a Tampa fan, it's a must read.
Well Derek maybe it's just ALOT of bad luck for them, maybe next season will be better, I think they really need to emphasize their desire to get better players when drafting.

I never heard of that book but I will look into it. Thanks.

Who wil the Astros pick first in the draft? There seems to be, unlike past years, no sure #1 pick.

Are you kiddin me? Cubs got swept by the stinkin' White Sox(in our house). Cubs probably have worst 3rd,4th and 5th startin pitchers in NL...3rd baseman is a .230 lifetime hitter. :lol: he is hittin under .200 right now..middle lineup not a lot of power..maybe worst scorin offense in NL..:dunno: and rookie coach with a tat on his forearm.:roll: (Cubs didnt sign big name free agents in offseason) upper management startin over) A lot of catchers are hittin well besides ours..not hard to know why the cubbies sucking a lot of ass right now.

Last edited:
@bottesini
I did introduce myself.
look for this post
Hi from Florida call me Avry

Well Derek maybe it's just ALOT of bad luck for them, maybe next season will be better, I think they really need to emphasize their desire to get better players when drafting.

I never heard of that book but I will look into it. Thanks.

Yeah, you should read that book. I would not put it down. I loved the book!!

Yeah, I hope that Cubs do better. They cannot get any worse.

Are you kiddin me? Cubs got swept by the stinkin' White Sox(in our house). Cubs probably have worst 3rd,4th and 5th startin pitchers in NL...3rd baseman is a .230 lifetime hitter. :lol: he is hittin under .200 right now..middle lineup not a lot of power..maybe worst scorin offense in NL..:dunno: and rookie coach with a tat on his forearm.:roll: (Cubs didnt sign big name free agents in offseason) upper management startin over) A lot of catchers are hittin well besides ours..not hard to know why the cubbies sucking a lot of ass right now.

I'm sure that Cubs fan knew that their teams would be bad. Not often do you see a team win championship in first year with new regime.

The new regime does not want to spend too much $ on free agents. They seems to know how to build a winner. See Boston. I guess that the jury is out there.

I have to stick with my S.F. Giants. They played really well against the Cubs. I think the new additions to the team this year have been great. Blanco, Pagan, Cabrerra, and hopefully Pablo will be back soon. We definitely need more hits. Fun to watch, seldom miss a game, from my couch that is. Too expensive to go to a game. I read parking is $100. Not for me, my TV is fine.

I have to stick with my S.F. Giants. They played really well against the Cubs. I think the new additions to the team this year have been great. Blanco, Pagan, Cabrerra, and hopefully Pablo will be back soon. We definitely need more hits. Fun to watch, seldom miss a game, from my couch that is. Too expensive to go to a game. I read parking is $100. Not for me, my TV is fine.

I went to all 7 games this past week. Saturday they had a throwback day to 1912....pretty cool stuff. I have seen the A's and Rangers the last 2 nights and will see them the next 2 days....then I am on the road again!

My SF GIANTS !!!

parking is $100 dollars?! BAWHAHAHA, thats funny. naw its not. The parking cost is actually cost in range $20 to $40.

My SF GIANTS !!!

parking is $100 dollars?! BAWHAHAHA, thats funny. naw its not. The parking cost is actually cost in range $20 to $40.

Must have been a Dodger fan who told me that:laugh2:

Back