Who is the Best VRS provider?

JesKlu

Reaction score
I want to know your preferences for VRS service providers. What is good about your provider? What is bad about it? I'm thinking about videophone so can you tell me your preferences for VRS.

JesKlu said:
I want to know your preferences for VRS service providers. What is good about your provider? What is bad about it? I'm thinking about videophone so can you tell me your preferences for VRS.

i have sorenson vrs.. ppl say that sprint vrs is the best of all of them.. so lets wait N see what the others have to say.. hmmm....

Sprint.gif

splash2.gif

SprintVRS is the best, in my opinion. I can't stand the other providers, especially Sorenson. Last time I used them, I was on hold waiting for an interpreter practically FOREVER.

I've heard some people have a D-VP call Sorenson, get put on hold, then make a call via SprintVRS, finish, then they get called back later by an interpreter and they tell them they've already done it via Sprint.

i like HOVRS better because sorenson keeps me waiting too long... more like forever. Also HOVRS terp are more friendly online. personally i havent tried SprintVRS, but i will one day.

i wish i can say more negative things about sorenson. it is confident for my gf's sake. oh well... i m not surprised some of you know the details about sorenson.

Anything except SorensonVRS! I really like HOVRS alot, but SprintVRS and HamiltonVRS is not bad either.

We use SprintVRS. The most surprising thing is we haven't had the same interpreter twice! (Though, we haven't made hundreds of calls yet.)

Steve

You can attach a router to the sorenson device. I have deafie techie telling me how to do it tomorrow in my office.

I'll be happy to $hare it with everyone!

Richard

Your VP box should be use Lan port 1, it's recommend since the vp box would boot up and let it's auto detected IP addy.

Lan 1 VP box, Lan 2 Lappy, Lan 3 Tower (still looking ISA net card) and Lan 4 will have new printer server for dot matrix printer.

Nesmuth said:
You can attach a router to the sorenson device. I have deafie techie telling me how to do it tomorrow in my office.

Richard

You can attach any videophone to any router. It's not specific to just Sorenson. In fact, my understanding is that Sorenson just uses the DMZ on the router, which means that you can only use ONE videophone on that ONE IP address that DMZ zone is assigned to.

I learned from the SprintVRS techs that you can use PORT FORWARDING to set rules to forward to MANY different videophones, depending which one is on first in the rule list.

Nesmuth said:

Richard

How was it ? Do you mean no extra charge if
we attach a router to the sorenson device ?
Which brand name of router do you use ?

I don't use my Sorenson VP much, yeah the wait takes too long because there isn't enough interpreters and too many people using it. I ain't worried since I use relay online on the web, much faster and easier to communicate in my opinion than signing. Sometimes, they have trouble getting my signs in numbers and all that stuff for checking on phone with social security or some place with personal informations are hard for interpreters to take sometimes. I don't have the HOVRS yet, though. Video quality on Sorenson VP is better than HOVRS, though. Strangely, they are both the same video conferencing devices (D-link) maybe the software and the BIOS is different in those devices.

By far Hands On (HOVRS) is the best service. They offer the widest range of ways to connect. I can use my PC with a web cam via their website www.hovrs.com, or I can use my DLink VP (same as Sorenson VP-100) which I got for free from HOVRS, or I can connect via AIM on my PC. I also understand that Mac users can connect via iChat A/V.

I've also been happy to see that they recently expanded their hours and also recently began offering live costumer support.

I use Hamilton VRS, even there is one ugliest interpreter works at Hamilton I still use their VRS cause they are most friendliest I ever seen, and much helpful than others. I love that chubby 50's italian guy who is interpreter for Hamilton. Best I ever had used with. I sometimes use CSDvrs and Sorenson. Sprint is on and off... depending on my mood. The reason sometimes I use Sorenson is phone book, making it easier for me to click and call vrs. So.... I believe in few years from now VRS service will be much better so be patience.

diehardbiker65 said:
I use Hamilton VRS, even there is one ugliest interpreter works at Hamilton I still use their VRS cause they are most friendliest I ever seen, and much helpful than others. I love that chubby 50's italian guy who is interpreter for Hamilton. Best I ever had used with. I sometimes use CSDvrs and Sorenson. Sprint is on and off... depending on my mood. The reason sometimes I use Sorenson is phone book, making it easier for me to click and call vrs. So.... I believe in few years from now VRS service will be much better so be patience.

Careful on how you describes the interpreters. Some of them may be members of AD regardless of frequent or rare posters. :bye:

I have sorenson myself.. i just wait till sorenson grew more tech and improve.. they will make it better, Honestly I heard CSD is much better... but i decide to wait and patient.. it's go same thing for playstation 2 have problem with dvd and i know they will make it better in the future.

Why should I be of concerned? I am only speaking basis on my opinion. No names, no terp id is revealed.

deaf24fan said:
Careful on how you describes the interpreters. Some of them may be members of AD regardless of frequent or rare posters. :bye:

Back