Who is single here?

For a few years since I started looking, slowly and slowly I began to hate singlehood and myself for being single. It wasn't working out so I changed my attitude and accepted singlehood and actually embraced it, being happy about who I am and accepting the fact that I will live the rest of my life being single. Even though that's not what I truly want inside, I'm willing to face the truth to the end my days. Then this year, I met one of the most amazing ladies I've ever met and she changed the way I see things, made me even more happier about myself. I was like, wow.....all this time I've been missing out on this!? I so loved being a boyfriend and it was my first time. Yes, I've made my share of mistakes and was all too eager to learn everything I could to be the best possible guy for her. I really wanted to develop the relationship and create new memories with her. When push comes to shove, it became too much and then we lose the relationship that was very special to me. We're still friends but things will never be the same like before. It's very scary to me to come to terms with that and I'm actually struggling to deal with this part. The part about not being able to see her the same way since I think very highly of her.

As of now, I get sick to my stomach knowing that I'm single again and it's a very harsh reality for me to accept it. There were moments when I wanted to end it all and forget about it, but I stuck around knowing that there's so many people that care about me and that the world still needs me. Hopefully, I will find a way to get stronger and move on.

And yes, once again, welcome me to the "singles boat"
Chin up, dude. You know there is plenty of fish in the sea

For a few years since I started looking, slowly and slowly I began to hate singlehood and myself for being single. It wasn't working out so I changed my attitude and accepted singlehood and actually embraced it, being happy about who I am and accepting the fact that I will live the rest of my life being single. Even though that's not what I truly want inside, I'm willing to face the truth to the end my days. Then this year, I met one of the most amazing ladies I've ever met and she changed the way I see things, made me even more happier about myself. I was like, wow.....all this time I've been missing out on this!? I so loved being a boyfriend and it was my first time. Yes, I've made my share of mistakes and was all too eager to learn everything I could to be the best possible guy for her. I really wanted to develop the relationship and create new memories with her. When push comes to shove, it became too much and then we lose the relationship that was very special to me. We're still friends but things will never be the same like before. It's very scary to me to come to terms with that and I'm actually struggling to deal with this part. The part about not being able to see her the same way since I think very highly of her.

As of now, I get sick to my stomach knowing that I'm single again and it's a very harsh reality for me to accept it. There were moments when I wanted to end it all and forget about it, but I stuck around knowing that there's so many people that care about me and that the world still needs me. Hopefully, I will find a way to get stronger and move on.

And yes, once again, welcome me to the "singles boat"

I understand how you feel. I can never understand what makes the relationship fizzle? It really boggles my mind, when I see stories of couples who been together and then one decides to end it when you are truly the happy person to be with that person.
It happens, doesn't matter the length of timing of being together, I never can understand that concept?

Well, that's the magic of relationships. It is better to love and lost than to have never loved at all. She and I are still friends now. We're on good terms. We need to cope with what's happened since and focus on what needs to be done in our respective lives.

I have realized that my mission is not over. That is, to remind women out there in the world that there's still good guys out there for them. I serve to give them what no other man will offer them in their lives, and that is devotion to their happiness.

And now, I'm still healing, but I will be ok over time. It will be the hardest thing in my life to accept the fact that my lifelong dreams didn't come true (as in, being with my first girlfriend and then starting a family with her when we're ready) and move on with my life, but I will do it.

Sometimes things don't go your way and it's hard, but we have the strength in us to overcome the challenges. It is whether or not we choose to use that strength or not. For the women out there in the world and especially for my ex-girlfriend, I will be there for them.

You need to go through the heartache and pain eh?

Yup. I'll be all right with some more time to recover. Since I am not able to devote my love to a lady, I will be channeling the energy towards my passions in 3D art and making myself more successful.

Yup. I'll be all right with some more time to recover. Since I am not able to devote my love to a lady, I will be channeling the energy towards my passions in 3D art and making myself more successful.

Good idea :)

im still single too, but the right person will come along in future....

I have a question. Since the life situation and circumstances didn't work out for my ex-girlfriend and me, and that we're both now focusing on our own lives and building a career - she wants me to move on and find someone else.

Even though I could move on and be successful in life, no problem. I'm actually reserving myself personally, waiting until she's ready to have a relationship again, because I want to be with her more than anything else in the world.

I wanted to know if that's a wrong thing to do, waiting for her.

The reason why I asked is because I've talked to some people about this and they told me that she really needs the time and space to get her life straightened out and that I should focus on school. (Which is what I'm trying really hard to do.) And they said, who knows, she might get back together in time. They also told me that they themselves or knew someone had a relationship, broke up and then ended up getting married. On top of that, I know that my parents and my oldest sis are the ones who went through a breakup in the past with their current husbands and ended up marrying them.

Knowing all of that, it gives me hope for a reconcilation in the future with her and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, no matter how hard it is.

You are welcome to tell the truth. Am I being foolish or not?

I'm single and I like to live by myself. :)

Sometime I might get some big floorstanding speakers without worrying about Wife Acceptance Factor. :) Okay, I'm crazy. *nuts*

I have a question. Since the life situation and circumstances didn't work out for my ex-girlfriend and me, and that we're both now focusing on our own lives and building a career - she wants me to move on and find someone else.

Even though I could move on and be successful in life, no problem. I'm actually reserving myself personally, waiting until she's ready to have a relationship again, because I want to be with her more than anything else in the world.

I wanted to know if that's a wrong thing to do, waiting for her.

The reason why I asked is because I've talked to some people about this and they told me that she really needs the time and space to get her life straightened out and that I should focus on school. (Which is what I'm trying really hard to do.) And they said, who knows, she might get back together in time. They also told me that they themselves or knew someone had a relationship, broke up and then ended up getting married. On top of that, I know that my parents and my oldest sis are the ones who went through a breakup in the past with their current husbands and ended up marrying them.

Knowing all of that, it gives me hope for a reconcilation in the future with her and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, no matter how hard it is.

You are welcome to tell the truth. Am I being foolish or not?
Well, son - to be honest here from my perspective of view, best not to wait it out, just move on, and continue with your life, don't worry about the ex girlfriend, it is not your loss who she was the one who dumped you, time to focus what's in your life, dont worry about anything else.

Yeah....it seems like I'm squeezing so hard. My dad once told me this when I was 12 years old.

"Love is like a bird. Squeeze it too tight and it will either die or fly away. Let it go, it may fly back or be gone forever. And if you truly love someone, you will let them go."

As much as I don't want to, I think I will listen to his advice. After all, I tried everything I could to my best and it was her choice to end the relationship.

*deep breath*............I will move on.....

Single Lesbian here.. from Buffalo NY.. want someone that is willing to move to the East Coast in a few yrs. Right now want someone that is Butch and loves kids. I dont think age matters as long as you not all about dramas and what not. IF you are interested in more. Please email me at Labi2good4real@yahoo.com And you can add me on Yahoo messenger as well. Hope everyone is doing well :P
I'm straight...but I live around the Rochester area. I got excited to see that you live in Buffalo haha.

I'm still single. Been for about a year.

hey guys im 20 years old and am a CI user...i really want to meet new people and find out about themselves but not having much success....
i am also single but sometimes its difficult to communicate with women....
help me out!

hi ladies. I recently broke up by man seeking woman, huh! I'm always ready and want to chat with ya. Let me tell you about myself so I'm 31, single,White, deaf, fluently BSL/ASL user and into anything exciting such as watch footy/soccer, fast pacing sports and like resturants, dining and cinemas. That's me romantic, outgoing, frisky, and adventerous guy.

My email is martincain01@yahoo.co.uk

Yeah....it seems like I'm squeezing so hard. My dad once told me this when I was 12 years old.

"Love is like a bird. Squeeze it too tight and it will either die or fly away. Let it go, it may fly back or be gone forever. And if you truly love someone, you will let them go."

As much as I don't want to, I think I will listen to his advice. After all, I tried everything I could to my best and it was her choice to end the relationship.

*deep breath*............I will move on.....

Yes, I agree with JClarke. If she said she want to meet someone else then she will only come back if she cannot find someone. It's kind of like she will "settle" for you. That sort of makes you second-best. And then she may drop you in future coz someone better comes along. Move on..get out there and meet other people, show her and youself how strong you are.

Excatly, Partygirl is correct too. Go out and have fun, enjoy the most of the singlehood!! :rockon:

Woah....that's like a very sharp sword in my heart....I'm never #2 myself.

I wouldn't be with someone who thinks of me as 2nd best when the entire time I put her as #1 to my last breath. Even though I'm willing to suffer to be with her, it's not truly a harmonic relationship between me and her if we both don't put ourselves as #1 for each other. It's a two-way thing for the two, not one-way. Relationships is a compromise.

Damn it sucks to hear the truth. My heart goes out to her cause she's missing out on so much it's unbelievable, but in the end, she was the one who flipped the switch on 60 years of happiness that she always dreamed of. I know so cause she's told me how bad her other relationships were. I just wanted to give her what she deserves, the best she can get out of life.

Now that I understand the truth and the reality that the relationship is really over, it makes sense to move on with my life and let her live her own.

Again, dammit! I wish it had worked out but I'm gonna accept reality as it is and move forward. Time for me to put another smile in another woman's face. :D

Woah....that's like a very sharp sword in my heart....I'm never #2 myself.

I wouldn't be with someone who thinks of me as 2nd best when the entire time I put her as #1 to my last breath. Even though I'm willing to suffer to be with her, it's not truly a harmonic relationship between me and her if we both don't put ourselves as #1 for each other. It's a two-way thing for the two, not one-way. Relationships is a compromise.

Damn it sucks to hear the truth. My heart goes out to her cause she's missing out on so much it's unbelievable, but in the end, she was the one who flipped the switch on 60 years of happiness that she always dreamed of. I know so cause she's told me how bad her other relationships were. I just wanted to give her what she deserves, the best she can get out of life.

Now that I understand the truth and the reality that the relationship is really over, it makes sense to move on with my life and let her live her own.

Again, dammit! I wish it had worked out but I'm gonna accept reality as it is and move forward. Time for me to put another smile in another woman's face. :D
hush up, sonny. turn your face to a smile and get out of there!

Back