Who is single here?

Myself, as well. I like being single. :) I just wish i had D/deaf/HoH friends. Hearies are too much effort to be around.

I love my hearies! They are very supportive and are always aware when I'm not able to hear as in, crowded places, etc. They are always there to make sure I'm being kept involved. Gotta love those kinds of friends. I do feel like a drag though at times..

I love my hearies! They are very supportive and are always aware when I'm not able to hear as in, crowded places, etc. They are always there to make sure I'm being kept involved. Gotta love those kinds of friends. I do feel like a drag though at times..
It sounds as though you have a good support system in place :) I wish i had that. I don't how to develop one, if that's possible. It's also very hard for me to go out to places like bars, clubs, or other loud areas.. Whether by myself or with others. I'm seriously considering ditching my HA's and establishing myself as a Deaf person, upon becoming fluent in ASL. I wish i had been born Deaf.. Then it wouldn't be quite so difficult. Sound is a tough thing to give up.

It sounds as though you have a good support system in place :) I wish i had that. I don't how to develop one, if that's possible. It's also very hard for me to go out to places like bars, clubs, or other loud areas.. Whether by myself or with others. I'm seriously considering ditching my HA's and establishing myself as a Deaf person, upon becoming fluent in ASL. I wish i had been born Deaf.. Then it wouldn't be quite so difficult. Sound is a tough thing to give up.

You CAN have a great support system but it takes great people! You start by surrounding yourself with them. For me, I'm really outgoing... also, not afraid to tell people that I'm deaf, that I need to see their mouth when they talk, and just being very open that way. Also, I don't treat my deafness as a handicap. I find the more positive I am, the more positive people I have around me are.

Oh boy, do I ever get the whole being in loud establishments is a pain in the rear. Concerts, parties, bars, whatnot! I just resign myself to smiling and people watching. My friends always text stuff to me when we are sitting together in a loud venue. Like having closed caption on the spot. Haha!

Just got to understand that you have to help hearies learn your needs. We don't want to be discriminated against anymore than they should be. For me that means, explaining it in a positive way and telling them what I need them to do so that I can partake it whatever. :)

You'll be ok .. just need to speak up and get yourself out there more. :)

True, true. I'll try that. Thanks, rj! :3

But as for people watching, i can't just watch. I have to mingle, to be a part of it all! I'm very social; but i am still coming into my own

galy is full of smoooooookin hot deafie chicks for you...trippymood. Just go, night one in frosh week you will hook up...
Its a given...

I'm super social too. But have to say, LOVE to people watch. Favorite place to people watch in my opinion is Las Vegas. ha ha

True, true. I'll try that. Thanks, rj! :3

But as for people watching, i can't just watch. I have to mingle, to be a part of it all! I'm very social; but i am still coming into my own

Myself, as well. I like being single. :) I just wish i had D/deaf/HoH friends. Hearies are too much effort to be around.

There is a huge Deaf community in Raleigh, NC. Not sure how far is that from you.

I'll be sure to check out that Deaf community once i have become fluent in ASL, Shel90 :3
and hoichi, I'm going to the open house at Gally soon! Hoping to spend a few hours at gally :3

I'll be sure to check out that Deaf community once i have become fluent in ASL, Shel90 :3
and hoichi, I'm going to the open house at Gally soon! Hoping to spend a few hours at gally :3

Dont wait to bwcome fluent,that wont work...the best way to become fluent is to dive in...thats the best way,,,find a cutrie to sign with and........
Wicked re tour of gally...
It will change your life.....

Hi I live in Montana in a town of 150 thousand with a very small Deaf populations only about 150 plus they don't mingle together much. Hearing friends are the only option for me. I have put myself out to meet as many as possible and finally have a good hearing friend that put out the effort to learn ASL good enough that we c can have effective conversations. He's not the first friend I've had to do that. There are people out there that want to be communicative friends and will put the effort out to be so. I'm profoundly dead and do voice some. English is hard for me at times and I make a lot of mistakes and he and I have a good laugh over it at times. I don't project myself as deaf just a different language user to hearing people. When a real problem shoes itself I just use my smart phone translator. Crowds are a problem but a good friend will keep you in the loop.

Sent from my XT830C using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have never been in a relationship with someone who is also HoH or Deaf. I bet it would be nice to not catch grief over having the captions on all the time though or going to theaters that have caption devices.

I guess i mean someone who understands... not sure where to find such a person but still its nice to hope for.

You will.find em.......there is a Deafie wsitng for you.....
Go get em..

Back