Who is good at ASL?

yagazn

Reaction score
As for me, I'm pretty OK at ASL. what about you?

not 100% but fluent enough to make good conversation with another ASL user.

i'm acceptably fluent but still a long way to go.

Fluently. (My father's a CODA, My mother's a professor for the deaf students) You get the idea.

How long did it take you to become "OK" at ASL?

Well, I learned sign language when I was a kid start with SEE at elementary school. Then both junior high school and high school start with SEE/PSE. I met someone who's pretty good at ASL and fast. They said not to sign SEE because it's too long, SEE is like only for writing in class. I thought to myself, "I'm pretty OK" at ASL. Some tells me that my sign is PSE. So, I don't know.

Fluently. Remember, a key and major criterion is the receptive part......

How long did it take you to become "OK" at ASL?

2 years. I made a lot of effort to go to as many deaf events as I can. DPHH, party, etc. it helped.

now... not much since I've reached to level good enough to communicate with my deaf friends and ya'all ADers but I've still got a long way to go.

My ASL structure is still glitchy :lol:

2 years. I made a lot of effort to go to as many deaf events as I can. DPHH, party, etc. it helped.

now... not much since I've reached to level good enough to communicate with my deaf friends and ya'all ADers but I've still got a long way to go.

My ASL structure is still glitchy :lol:

Interesting, you joined AD in 2007. You went for ASl class and all so in 2008. So one year between 2007 and 2008, were you thinking about taking ASL class a lot for 365 days? my question is silly i know but thats so amazing to see you starting to sign after you speak for years.

Interesting, you joined AD in 2007. You went for ASl class and all so in 2008. So one year between 2007 and 2008, were you thinking about taking ASL class a lot for 365 days? my question is silly i know but thats so amazing to see you starting to sign after you speak for years.

I.... have no idea :lol: but I'm pretty sure I took ASL 2 years ago :hmm:

Back